Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could add/update 1 thing in warframe... what would it be?

Joezone619

12 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fresh blood on the dev team. No I'm not kidding, they've grown too comfortable with each other to challenge one another's ideas when someone comes up with a new gamemode or item they simply haven't thought through properly. Might also add fresh inspiration to the once great lore.

I think part of the problem is Steve is essentially a dictator, and he hasn't really surrounded himself with people who question him much. 

Not saying it's bad, in a company, to have someone who dictates final decisions, but I get the impression he doesn't delegate nearly enough or take enough input from others in general when it comes to creative decisions. He has a singular vision, and he doesn't intend to do anything outside that vision.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

Can you not read that for yourself?

Am I not allowed to post an opinion about the prose presented in a thread?

i didn't say that, i just asked what the name of the post was. i don't think 1 change or update can classify warframe as a different game entirely.

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

i didn't say that, i just asked what the name of the post was. i don't think 1 change or update can classify warframe as a different game entirely.

And I did not say an individual opinion was trying to do that, simply that the collection of prose in this thread leads me to think may of those that posted here want a game 'like WF', as many of the changes are fundamental, as well as some of the recent ones looking for a new dev team and all that adds up, IMO, to wanting a new game by a different company, but 'like' WF. Bored players looking for a new dopamine fix because WF no longer provides it.

I gave my one item earlier - less fisheye.

Some of the single changes presented here, IMO, would, in fact, fundamentally change the game.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

I gave my one item earlier - less fisheye.

StartMenu> Options> Display> Field of View> slider 52-90 degrees.

Additionally if you were to set FoV to 90, the distortion that you see is rectilinear - the opposite of Fisheye.

So perhaps what you truly want is more fisheye.

25 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

StartMenu> Options> Display> Field of View> slider 52-90 degrees.

Additionally if you were to set FoV to 90, the distortion that you see is rectilinear - the opposite of Fisheye.

So perhaps what you truly want is more fisheye.

I have it set at around 72 IIRC, not in game right now, I get the most screen for the least headache I can find so far, I would have had to stop playing without that setting. It's a 'happy medium' for me, but I still have trouble some days and it limits my play-time, sadly.

I did not know the diff of rectilinear and fish-eye though, thanks for that! I love learning new stuff. Referred to the whole 'weird camera magnifying' thing in games generically as fish-eye for years, now I can be more accurate, awesome!

I know a dev has mentioned wanting to make it better, so I am hopeful, but I also know altering the rendering engine is non-trivial.

In a developmental way, new blood would be nice. But it has a chance of back-firing on us.

I think I would ask for new voice lines and dialogue for regular missions. I would like to have all my mission directives provided by Clem and/or Darvo! :crylaugh:

• "Clem, clem. Clem, grakata clem!"
  • "Clem says, 'Watch out for increased security measures, the enemy would rather destroy their data than let us have it.'"

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think part of the problem is Steve is essentially a dictator, and he hasn't really surrounded himself with people who question him much. 

Not saying it's bad, in a company, to have someone who dictates final decisions, but I get the impression he doesn't delegate nearly enough or take enough input from others in general when it comes to creative decisions. He has a singular vision, and he doesn't intend to do anything outside that vision.

It's a balance at the end of the day. Games have certainly gone worse from having too loose a vision.

Of course, the game's showing some signs of management alterations recently - the changes to both marketing and the market spring to mind. So, it'll be interesting to keep an eye on things. There's some aspects of the game that have buoyed my hopes - and others not so much.

I'd remove the combo multiplier, condition overload, weeping wounds and blood rush from melee and apply it as the Warframe rage mode. This would actually solve the gun vs melee problem in steel path:

The gunner crowd would now have great reasons to be accurate!

- Body shots count as +1 on the combo counter, headshots are +3 and sniper primaries and secondary headshots are +10.

- Rewards great shooting while punishes lazy play (splash damage will not count as combo hits so aim for a body. Splash damage has falloff multiplier damage. Headshots stop the combo timer count reduction for +5 seconds and can accumulate up to 15 seconds.

- Guns get the BR and WW bonuses now. And, at the newly max 15x multiplier, each 5x combo multiplier applies the CO benefit of +80% damage with a max of +240% damage at 15x combo multiplier.

- Multiplier combo bonus at 5x, 10x and 15x, will apply a fire rate and accuracy increase of +10% per milestone, maxing at +30%

Meanwhile, melee weapons benefit from more diverse builds due to three meta mods now gone. 

- Like guns, at the newly max 15x multiplier, each 5x combo multiplier applies the CO benefit of +80% damage with a max of +240% damage at 15x combo multiplier.

- Multiplier combo bonus at 5x, 10x and 15x, will apply an attack speed increase of +15% per milestone, maxing at +45%. 

Stealth kills and finishers stop the combo hit reduction for 5 seconds, accumulating up to 15 seconds.

Heavy attacks reduce the multiplier by 5x but reward a true damage strike, bypassing all defenses. The drawback is activation can only happen at 15x multiplier.

System penalties would include a hard to maintain max combo multiplier:

Combo counter begins losing hits after 5 seconds of none damage to enemies. Reduction lose rate begins at two hits per second but gradually accelerates as high as 10 hits per second as inactivity remains. Use headshots to delay the timer.

Anyway, that would be my change.

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I know a dev has mentioned wanting to make it better, so I am hopeful, but I also know altering the rendering engine is non-trivial.

Very true.

3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I get the most screen for the least headache I can find so far

That really sucks. My mother and I have vision problems, so I can sympathize. I hope DE can add something so we can see more without everything being distorted. Because you mentioned headaches, I'm just wondering have you tried disabling Depth of Field? My mum plays warframe on ps4, so that helped her a little bit (now everything is equally blurry).

Regarding the lens distortion. You could try a post-processing effect. An analogue option would be a plastic sheet that you put over your screen to zoom in on the center of your screen. I'm confident that there would be software that applies the desired amount of fisheye to your screen on-the-fly. The final idea I have is because I'm so old I remember when computer screens powered by electron-guns and easily weighed more than 20lbs. I had a Samsung ViewSonic monitor with options that allowed me to distort the image as I wished. I think it was called Warp or Convex/Concave? The options were in the same menu as where the horizontal and virtical boundry alignment options were.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

Very true.

That really sucks. My mother and I have vision problems, so I can sympathize. I hope DE can add something so we can see more without everything being distorted. Because you mentioned headaches, I'm just wondering have you tried disabling Depth of Field? My mum plays warframe on ps4, so that helped her a little bit (now everything is equally blurry).

Regarding the lens distortion. You could try a post-processing effect. An analogue option would be a plastic sheet that you put over your screen to zoom in on the center of your screen. I'm confident that there would be software that applies the desired amount of fisheye to your screen on-the-fly. The final idea I have is because I'm so old I remember when computer screens powered by electron-guns and easily weighed more than 20lbs. I had a Samsung ViewSonic monitor with options that allowed me to distort the image as I wished. I think it was called Warp or Convex/Concave? The options were in the same menu as where the horizontal and virtical boundry alignment options were.

I turn DoF off in all games. Ugh, icky.

I have it at a place now that works, but I might experiment with post processing programs, I have not tried it for this issue previously, just for color/texture enhancement. 

Great idea, thanks for the tip.

I have been a computer nerd for 40 years, I remember those setting as well now that you mention them, I had forgotten about that!

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's a balance at the end of the day. Games have certainly gone worse from having too loose a vision.

Of course, the game's showing some signs of management alterations recently - the changes to both marketing and the market spring to mind. So, it'll be interesting to keep an eye on things. There's some aspects of the game that have buoyed my hopes - and others not so much.

True enough. 

It's a double edged sword, to a certain extent. 

On the one hand, having one person with one vision ensures you don't have, as you said, too loose a vision, which can certainly be a problem for any live service game over time. On the other hand, new perspectives can be good, even if the same person is still maintaining control as creative director, especially when you have been doing the same thing for so long. 

6 hours ago, Zimzala said:

So basically, I just see a desire for another game, from another company, that 'feels a little' like WF, from my POV, TBH, that's what much of this sounds like, IMO.

Not really, I've been playing it since the beginning and there just used to be a lot more passion from the devs on the lore side and a lot more creativity on the game mode side of things in the shape of regular and unique events and tactical alerts. These days as I said they're far comfortable with each other to actually challenge a new idea that hasn't had all aspects of it fully considered, leading to it being better developed and the focus is much more on pushing out cosmetics and flashy new open worlds to attract new players which I understand from a business point of view. The thing is, DE used to NOT put business first and it was glorious, that's what made this game great, the passion they put into it, a desire to make a truly interesting game, unique in it's movement, gameplay and lore. You only have to go and check out old videos of things like Operation Blackout or Tethra's Doom to see what I mean. In short, I don't want a game LIKE Warframe, I would like Warframe to go back to how it was.

I would do an augment mod update. 

Finish adding augments for the abilities needing one.

Balance a few useless augments.

Then I would do a pass and add more augments to older frames. Ideally, I think every frame should have at least 6 augments. When restrictions on slotting 2 augments for same ability of course. 

Archived