Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could add/update 1 thing in warframe... what would it be?

Joezone619

Something that's back on my mind with Octavia Prime: farming specific Relics is such a pain. If you start going through the drop tables you'll notice that many nodes share identical tables. It's dumb and uninteresting and leads to a certain few nodes being the best while the rest aren't worth going to. DE should mix up the tables so the rates are a little different between nodes. Instead of Callisto, Rhea, and Umbriel having identical tables, maybe Callisto is better some of the Relics and Rhea and Umbriel are better for others.

Probably a dedicated server.

We already know the horrors of host migrations losing valuable time at most.

I feel it will be the biggest letdown to Railjack's future especially when they mentioned finally meshing together different modes together. IF missions will be another long-winded stitched up series of quests like the Deimos Vaults that is so prone to bug out from host migrations, no amount of hotfixes will ever save Railjack face this time. 

13 hours ago, Zimzala said:

So basically, I just see a desire for another game, from another company, that 'feels a little' like WF, from my POV, TBH, that's what much of this sounds like, IMO.

Warframe isn't and doesn't need to be defined by half-baked content islands. It has way more to offer, and a better quality standard would be healthy. What they did with Xaku and Protea, the post-launch touch-ups, were a great improvement. But then Lavos releases and despite it being a shambling mess, he gets nothing.

13 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not really, I've been playing it since the beginning and there just used to be a lot more passion from the devs on the lore side and a lot more creativity on the game mode side of things in the shape of regular and unique events and tactical alerts. These days as I said they're far comfortable with each other to actually challenge a new idea that hasn't had all aspects of it fully considered, leading to it being better developed and the focus is much more on pushing out cosmetics and flashy new open worlds to attract new players which I understand from a business point of view. The thing is, DE used to NOT put business first and it was glorious, that's what made this game great, the passion they put into it, a desire to make a truly interesting game, unique in it's movement, gameplay and lore. You only have to go and check out old videos of things like Operation Blackout or Tethra's Doom to see what I mean. In short, I don't want a game LIKE Warframe, I would like Warframe to go back to how it was.

"You can never go home."

That feeling you had with WF? It was based not just on WF but also on the time and place you were in your life experience.

WF felt that way based on many factors, most all of which it was new, and once the new smell goes away, it's hard if not impossible to replace.

IME/IMO, unless you can literally rewind your entire life-stream, your thoughts and feeling and reverse your own growth, you cannot 'go back' and WF cannot 'go back' any more than you can.

Just because some players feel less passion for the game, does not mean the developers do. Just because your POV of the developers thinks they don't have passion, does not mean they do not.

The game is just as interesting as it was for you, because it's just as innovative and interesting for me as you describe, right now, today, and I have been playing for two years.

"The good old days" is a fallacy we build as humans, all the time, everyday about things and has been proven false repeatedly.

I get that you want to be 'excited' again, totally, felt that way over and over, which is why when I do, I just find another game. Sometimes it takes a while, as really good games are rare, IME.

7 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

"You can never go home."

That feeling you had with WF? It was based not just on WF but also on the time and place you were in your life experience.

WF felt that way based on many factors, most all of which it was new, and once the new smell goes away, it's hard if not impossible to replace.

IME/IMO, unless you can literally rewind your entire life-stream, your thoughts and feeling and your reverse your own growth, you cannot 'go back' and WF cannot 'go back' any more than you can.

Just because some players less passion for the game, does not mean the developers do, Just because your POV of the developers thinks they don't have passion, does not mean they do not.

The game is just as interesting as it was for you, because it's just as innovative and interesting for me as you describe, right now, today, and I have been playing for two years.

"The good old days" is a fallacy we build as humans, all the time, everyday about things and has been proven false repeatedly.

I get that you want to be 'excited' again, totally, felt that way over and over, which is why when I do, I just find another game. Sometimes it takes a while, as really good games are rare, IME.

All very good points even though they hurt slightly :(

I would ask you to do one thing for me however, watch this, it's the official Tennogen stream from a few years back when Fortuna was revealed and about to be released. I've time stamped it for you so as to not waste your time. That excitement you talk about, that's what this was. Take a look at what was revealed about what Railjack would be like. Then compare it to what we got. They clearly still have the passion but do they have the actual drive to see things through? Evidence would suggest that they do not and that they simply shifted resources to more lucrative things like cosmetics. And it saddens me. This mode could've been amazing just going off of this video snippet. It's about 10 minutes long and well worth watching.

28 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All very good points even though they hurt slightly :(

I would ask you to do one thing for me however, watch this, it's the official Tennogen stream from a few years back when Fortuna was revealed and about to be released. I've time stamped it for you so as to not waste your time. That excitement you talk about, that's what this was. Take a look at what was revealed about what Railjack would be like. Then compare it to what we got. They clearly still have the passion but do they have the actual drive to see things through? Evidence would suggest that they do not and that they simply shifted resources to more lucrative things like cosmetics. And it saddens me. This mode could've been amazing just going off of this video snippet. It's about 10 minutes long and well worth watching.

I will watch if I find a moment.

What I will say though is that I never watch these things form any developer, ever, really, because I know too many developers and what they say and think and gush over is in reality seldom what is produced, regardless of channel.

Hype. I simply choose not to subscribe to to it.

I choose to wait and see what is actually produced, then play it if I like and don't if it's not fun for me.

As for DE being able to 'finish' things in the way the players desire? Again, from my POV, I do not see the 'wrongs' so many see, I just see a fun game.

Can the game improve? Sure!

Can the current development team create more entertainment for me? They have been for years.

Will that new content please everyone? Will it have the impact everyone wants? I doubt it, because Hype and human nature.

You may be totally right that the main 'passion' and/or 'capability' to 'move the game creatively forward' is not 'what it was', being a creative person my self and trying to write books and build RPG worlds, I can attest to the fact that the creative pipeline is not endless. 

IME, no GaaS game can truly provide endless entertainment for all individuals, especially those that have essentially beaten the game and are avid gamers. 

No development house can keep up with content consumers. What takes months to make is consumed in minutes.

I will continue to support this creative team for as long as they pump out stuff I find fun, just like any other, but I also know at some point, the stuff they come up with may no longer be my jam. It's just how it works.

PS: I get that it hurts. Really, My gaming social life group fell apart and never recovered after City of Heroes got canned, for example. WF is the only game that has come close to sucking me in since that game. I used to log into a group of RL friends every night to play, now it's just me, ad the others have moved on to RL, gone crazy (really), or died. I don't solo because I want to play alone, I solo because I don't have any like minded people to play game with these days that play WF. I will never have what I had then and it does hurt.

I would propably add handful of new enemy types  to each faction that would allow AI some strategies against the player.

We have seen how Nullifier bubble or Ice Globe Elite attracts others for safety. Perhaps I would add new enemies based on this idea.

Another thought was Trap rooms. If player is seen by cameras, player is trapped inside, Nullify 2 random abilities and horde of enemies must be fought before doors open or player hacks the doors.

The core gameplay animations, like running/sprinting/walking animations (unarmed, gun, and melee), animations while firing guns, melee animations, idle animations, and archwing animations. They're subpar compared with the best games out there, and improving the animations would improve the gameplay and make me come back to the game.

On 2021-02-24 at 3:19 PM, Joezone619 said:

for me, i'd make steel path apply to more things like fissures, sorties, and arbitrations.

Only one....

Update pets so that they have a collar that acts as their "weapon" for mods, that way they can have upgrades just like the warframe has.  Mods for the weapons, and mods for the body.

Sentinels already have this.

Make us less powerful on the top end.  Normal player progression feels great and balanced till about the time you would normally clear Chains, at which point player knowledge of the game takes off, mods get levelled, and they become too powerful for the rest of the game to really challenge aside from a few outliers. 

22 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not really, I've been playing it since the beginning and there just used to be a lot more passion from the devs on the lore side and a lot more creativity on the game mode side of things in the shape of regular and unique events and tactical alerts. These days as I said they're far comfortable with each other to actually challenge a new idea that hasn't had all aspects of it fully considered, leading to it being better developed and the focus is much more on pushing out cosmetics and flashy new open worlds to attract new players which I understand from a business point of view. The thing is, DE used to NOT put business first and it was glorious, that's what made this game great, the passion they put into it, a desire to make a truly interesting game, unique in it's movement, gameplay and lore. You only have to go and check out old videos of things like Operation Blackout or Tethra's Doom to see what I mean. In short, I don't want a game LIKE Warframe, I would like Warframe to go back to how it was.

I think the issue here is not DE changing but more of the normalcy effect we experience over time. DE's need to fill out the universe in order to progress the lore is harder on long term players because we spent years watching it develop and experienced the greatest reveal first hand. Basically, we are all caught up with the "seasons" and are awaiting the "next season to binge" while, at the same time, can't wait for the "next episode" too. DE just can't create faster than our hunger and expectations will tolerate.

The creativity has dramatically increased but we're just too used to the game, gameplay and mechanics. I think this is why I absolutely love Railjack, helminth and the mechs. The mechanics are different enough to give warframe play a break.

Archived