Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE improve sentinel survivability?

Sovyul

I just did a 45 minute surv mission on Ani, and my carrier hasn't exploded ONCE. I was facetanking every single shot, didn't bother with dodging, not even missiles.

And now that I come to think of it, it survived lvl 120 tests in the Simulacrum too

Or was it just Mesa's shatter shield at work? But that doesn't protect vs exploded missiles in my proximity, and there have been a lot of explosions near me

I've gotta try survival vs infested later. If my sentinel doesn't die in the toxic clouds then there's some magic at work

You got lucky, try going to a Corpus ship high mission and see how long it lasts, I only did the sortie last night and even with all the link mods and Primed Regen it was dead in a few minutes, my sentinel does not have any attack mods it's purely an observer for scanning things.

One thing I've noticed is I can do a long survival and my little buddy is fine in Grineer missions and sort of in Infested up to a point because of Toxin, but if I'm in a Corpus mission they target my sentinel all the time with their guns until it is dead outright even while jumping around like a lunatic they destroy it in no time.

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

You got lucky, try going to a Corpus ship high mission and see how long it lasts, I only did the sortie last night and even with all the link mods and Primed Regen it was dead in a few minutes, my sentinel does not have any attack mods it's purely an observer for scanning things.

One thing I've noticed is I can do a long survival and my little buddy is fine in Grineer missions and sort of in Infested up to a point because of Toxin, but if I'm in a Corpus mission they target my sentinel all the time with their guns until it is dead outright even while jumping around like a lunatic they destroy it in no time.

Interesting to note...

I have noticed they get crunched much more by Corpus as well. Think it has to do with Corpus know the dangers if robots since that is the thing they do so the Corpus have a auto target for any AI against them?

Would give a bit of lore and gameplay variety- Corpus go after Sentinels so bring other companions. Grineer fo after Moas. Infested go after fleshies to attempt corrupt.

Would be a cool trait for each faction....

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

maybe they got around to giving Companions Shield Gating? they didn't get it at first but i don't remember if they ended up getting it.
would be a big deal for Sentinels especially.

They've had gating for almost a year now.

That said, their shields still recharge slower than ours (both in terms of rate and delay), so it's not nearly as useful.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

I have noticed they get crunched much more by Corpus as well. Think it has to do with Corpus know the dangers if robots since that is the thing they do so the Corpus have a auto target for any AI against them?

you're definitely reading too far into it. game doesn't do that kind of stuff.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

They've had gating for almost a year now.

okay, great. one less thing on the list of things that need to be addressed with them.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

in the end and with DE's further updates and future vision of "all enemies need rapid fire AoE" , it doesn't matter. 

that's not how Shield Gating works. it's a Timer, not a number of hits.

9 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

New corpus (ship tile rework) have a lot of those crewmen with the AOE supras.  They are completely out of line with existing balance, and shred sentinels like none other.  Also, they are able to pierce some defense abilities, like Garuda's 1.  It's a mess.

3 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

New corpus (ship tile rework) have a lot of those crewmen with the AOE supras.  They are completely out of line with existing balance, and shred sentinels like none other.  Also, they are able to pierce some defense abilities, like Garuda's 1.  It's a mess.

Yes and also the beam weapons are annoying for my little buddy too.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

unless DE want to change enemy targeting precepts, which would probably mean diving into a big pile of spaghetti code, they really should just consider making Sentinels invincible: it's not like they deal any meaningful levels of damage on high levels, and they're designed for utility anyway. 

Agreed.  And if they balk at that, then they should at least change the Regen mod(s) to provide 1-2 minutes of invulnerability on a revive, along with 100 enemies killed in mission = 1 restored charge or something.

Simply changing the regen into a similar mod what the djinn have. Let's say it will revive itself after 30 sec -1 min after dying. They are not strong enough to cause breaks in the game so if they are kept low on damage wise at least make them revivable to fulfill their utility roles.

I guess DE does not change it because they calcul with 6-10 min avarege runs and not calcul with long runs. I still prefer to make them revivable or auto revive themselves after they die.

Sentinels have shield gating now... at least to my knowledge and experience. My Oxylus, Helios, and Djinn will have depleted shields when near an exploding grenade where this used to one shot them. They still die... but they're definitely less delicate. Don't equip Calculated Redirection on them... only Accelerated Deflection or whatever (shield recharge mod) at most!

EDIT: Wiki suggests all "Companions" have shield gating... which matches my experience with Kubrows, Moas and Kavats. All stuff I recently (within the past month) ranked up for mastery. Sentinels are also "Companions."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shield#Shield_Gating

18 hours ago, Sovyul said:

I just did a 45 minute surv mission on Ani, and my carrier hasn't exploded ONCE. I was facetanking every single shot, didn't bother with dodging, not even missiles.

And now that I come to think of it, it survived lvl 120 tests in the Simulacrum too

Is this perhaps your sentinel by chance?  

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Is this perhaps your sentinel by chance?  

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Yeah, I mean... I was bringing rank 0 Kubrows and Moas into Steel Path Marduk (T4 Void... 300% damage) and having them almost never die as I searched for the secret caches. Carrier Prime was already pretty durable to begin with... so it's definitely believable.

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

unless DE want to change enemy targeting precepts, which would probably mean diving into a big pile of spaghetti code, they really should just consider making Sentinels invincible: it's not like they deal any meaningful levels of damage on high levels, and they're designed for utility anyway. 

I've been thinking for a while now that players should be able to take up to 2 companions into a mission (A Sentinel and a Roaming companion, though the player can opt to only take one or neither for whatever reasons).

Rework the Sentinels so that they're (aside from the occasional precept like Vaporise) entirely focused on utility functions, with the various Roamers being your main source of damage/CC/buffs/whatever. Sentinels would be invincible in this system while Roamers would need revival upon running out of health.

Sentinel weapons would default to being equipped on MOAs if you had both one and a Sentinel in your loadout, with the Sentinel only using them if you had another type of Roaming companion (or none whatsoever).

Vacuum would work as it does now, while Fetch would be restored to it's original function (providing a loot grabbing aura centred on the Companion, rather than the player) to avoid redundancy.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I've been thinking for a while now that players should be able to take up to 2 companions into a mission (A Sentinel and a Roaming companion, though the player can opt to only take one or neither for whatever reasons).

Rework the Sentinels so that they're (aside from the occasional precept like Vaporise) entirely focused on utility functions, with the various Roamers being your main source of damage/CC/buffs/whatever. Sentinels would be invincible in this system while Roamers would need revival upon running out of health.

Sentinel weapons would default to being equipped on MOAs if you had both one and a Sentinel in your loadout, with the Sentinel only using them if you had another type of Roaming companion (or none whatsoever).

Vacuum would work as it does now, while Fetch would be restored to it's original function (providing a loot grabbing aura centred on the Companion, rather than the player) to avoid redundancy.

Thoughts?

You can remove or re-order precepts already to make them entirely focused on utility. Why do we need a rework with this regard? A lot of specialty Sentinel/Moa weapons already provide utility (e.g. Cryotra, Helstrum, Artax)... although it's really fun to give a Sentinel Vulklok. Just go fishing and don't worry about enemies bothering. The Sentinel with Vulkok will snipe them! Also, I like being able to pick out weapons for Sentinels and Moas. What you're proposing for Moas sounds restrictive.

One thing Moas got right is that all Moa precepts can be shared across Moas. That should be the same for at least some Sentinel precepts... and maybe even some Moa precepts might be equipable on Sentinels and vice versa.

Yeah, otherwise allowing us a sentinel and a roaming pet could be cool.

19 minutes ago, nslay said:

You can remove or re-order precepts already to make them entirely focused on utility. Why do we need a rework with this regard?

It's mostly altering the way they're presented to players vs roamers. Sentinels right now can be configured to be support pods (which is what I've done with most of mine, by the way), but they also fulfil an offensive role (albeit a weak one). This proposal simply shifts the emphasis on their gameplay role further toward the former. Bear in mind that my original idea was that Sentinels couldn't use weapons at all, but I have since relaxed that restriction (mainly because it would make acquiring a Sentinel Weapon alongside its corresponding Sentinel a tad confusing).

22 minutes ago, nslay said:

Also, I like being able to pick out weapons for Sentinels and Moas. What you're proposing for Moas sounds restrictive.

I'm not sure how it would be restrictive. The idea is that if you have a MOA in your loadout it will be the one that uses the weapon instead of the Sentinel, which is exactly how MOAs work currently, with the exception of the Sentinel not being there.

Basically, the current Arsenal lets you pick a Companion and (if you equip a MOA or Sentinel) a Sentinel Weapon. In my proposal, the Arsenal would instead always let you equip a Sentinel, a Roamer, and a Weapon, with the companion that fires the weapon being determined by whether there is a MOA in your Roamer slot or not. I don't really want there to be individual weapons for the Sentinel and the MOA, as that reeks a bit too much of power creep, however mild the impact of it may be. At most, perhaps a toggle that lets the player determine which of the two companions fires the weapon could be added.

Not directly, afaik. Except shield gating, that got added.

Also, some warframe defensive buff do work on them (Baruuk daggers come to mind) while others don't (probably Chroma, or at least rate of fire given from poison ward doesn't apply on them so I guess it is also true for other elements, unless I got it wrong).

AoE is the bane of them. Juno units are an immediate death sentence. Don't equip sentinels in new corpus ships.

Archived