NYX 1-st skill. Maybe 2-3 minions instead of one?

-EPECb-

Posted (edited)
5 часов назад, MonsterOfMyOwn сказал:

DO you think that the psychic frame, queen of minds, have to recast every min a spell to maintain a random dude under her control ?

You yourself choose when and whom of the mobs subordinate to your Will looking at the fact that each of them can give you. For example: one of them will restore the shields to you, the other - have a good long-range weapon, and the third will break into the crowd of enemies with a melee weapon for attracting the main attention... It will be much more interesting than just 1 minion and it make the first skill NYX really useful.

"have to recast every min"

If you want, please, recast every minute. There are more Frames for whom we are very often pressing they skills and we do not complain about it. To make a slightly more subordinate mobs for NYX by pressing the button 1 several times more than usual (x3) - I do not see problems in this. I do not ask much, just add 2 more minion to the first skill. No need to complicate AI as a Wukong's Twin. The enemies whom the NYX enslaves will not be smart, let them stay so. Just give more mobs to help NYX distract attention on defense missions or those missions where there is a need to stand in one place for a long time. One minion is not enough at this moment.

Edited by -EPECb-

17 hours ago, Famecans said:

can I suggest some augment mods

I think Nyx' base kit isn't quite good enough as-is, and needs to get updated first before we delve into (possibly bandaid) Augment territory.

17 hours ago, Famecans said:

Mind Control Augment: XXX% damage taken by Nyx is reflected to the controlled target.

Just checking, by this do you mean to make the MC victim not immortal anymore? Because that gets a big no from me then.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:
22 hours ago, Famecans said:

can I suggest some augment mods

I think Nyx' base kit isn't quite good enough as-is, and needs to get updated first before we delve into (possibly bandaid) Augment territory.

Buddy is just a mod suggestion and there is no perfect frame, we will spend years suggesting reformulations and giving exhaustive work to DE and everything we need can be changed with a simple mod, this saves time and neurons for DE to produce new content.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:
22 hours ago, Famecans said:

Mind Control Augment: XXX% damage taken by Nyx is reflected to the controlled target.

Just checking, by this do you mean to make the MC victim not immortal anymore? Because that gets a big no from me then.

You can play high level survival with nyx, is the best scenario for testing "control the crowd", but nyx can't "control the crowd" because the crowd will drain nyx's energy

currently nyx and ash theming is not efficient on warframe game because warframe game is not a game for nyx and ash theming

I haven’t seen random nyx players on eidolon or orb vallis for the past 2 years, what is your suggestion to make nyx versatile and popular in wider environments? what is your suggestion for nyx increase our weapons and destroy hordes in smaller environments?

On 2021-03-07 at 8:17 PM, Godmode_Ash said:

I think the biggest problem with Mind Control is the AI. Celestial Twin has the best AI, whenever Wukong relocate, the clone will teleport in and start shooting right away.

No matter amount of buff will make MC unit useful in any fast-pace mission. Unless you only want to use MC in defense mission.

The enemy's artificial intelligence is inherited from the enemy's family, there is no way to improve the enemy's artificial intelligence because the DE will have to improve this on each enemy.

The bone structure of the wukong is standard in all other frames, in this case it is possible to make a twin for other frames but the bone structure of the enemies is different in each enemy, so the DE will have to reformulate the artificial intelligence bones of each enemy.

a simple solution to this problem is to increase the enemy's agility like nova speed and increase the attack's damage but this is weird for nyx's theme.

Edited by Famecans

59 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I haven’t seen random nyx players on eidolon or orb vallis for the past 2 years, what is your suggestion to make nyx versatile and popular in wider environments?

I'm not sure how you got there, from me disagreeing with you on removing one interesting / useful thing she can do
(controlling an enemy without needing to fear damage from either side stopping that control / killing that enemy).

But sure, allowing her abilities to spread wider / to more enemies (urgh 6 targets cap on Psychic Bolts why),
I'm totally down with that, and I do think my first post in this topic, where I advocate a higher MC target cap, fits that agenda.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'm not sure how you got there, from me disagreeing with you on removing one interesting / useful thing she can do
(controlling an enemy without needing to fear damage from either side stopping that control / killing that enemy).

But sure, allowing her abilities to spread wider / to more enemies (urgh 6 targets cap on Psychic Bolts why),
I'm totally down with that, and I do think my first post in this topic, where I advocate a higher MC target cap, fits that agenda.

ok i just realized i didn't read your first toll completely, sorry 🙄

i wouldnt mind seeing mind control turn an enemy into a stationary turret that attacks wildly and forces all enemies within a %radius to target and shoot it (like Accuse + the effect of Gaze's freeze on the target)

ive said numerous times, nyx is not a minion master. shes more of a telekinetic that uses confusion.

20 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

stationary turret

Alas, I have to say I kinda want the opposite, make your MC victim(s) a more potent / reliable force
by giving them Wuclone-style teleports and aggression levels, have them stick to you as you make your way through the mission.

If anything, Absorb should be (massively buffed and) what you should (want to) use for a stationary effect.

Since enemy AI and equipement TOTALLY SUCKS, I'd suggest introducing the new ability:

Fuse: You can infect the non-robotic enemy with some sort of mutagen, that will turn it in a copy of yourself, which will fight using your equipment alongside and cast abilities. Each clone may apply the same ability on other enemies to propagate it. At the end of the day all the map should be flooded with your clones wreaking havoc along the way.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Alas, I have to say I kinda want the opposite, make your MC victim(s) a more potent / reliable force
by giving them Wuclone-style teleports and aggression levels, have them stick to you as you make your way through the mission.

If anything, Absorb should be (massively buffed and) what you should (want to) use for a stationary effect.

the biggest issue i have with effects that require enemy input for buffs, is that they dont force enemies into berserker mode. 

defy is strong but at the same time it isnt. moment you use absorb enemies some how just know to stop shooting. 

nyx and other frames that require enemy inputs biggest problem is DE not doing anything to the AI. my suggestion for mind control removes the need for AI. rather than buffing absorb it should be made to be useful without enemy input.

Tie damage to enslaved units with "strength" In order not to waste time on their improvement while using 1 skill? Or instead of enslaving undermine a mob with a normal radius and damage? ...although the opinions is not very. How many thoughts I did not read - I will remain still with my ...just keep all that has gone before but do 3 minion instead of one. Do not fix the AI, do not enter "teleportation", do not. We already have a "RailJackGuy with BFG", which will reprisal all whom sees on its path and knows how to teleport.

Some say that energy lacks for frequent use of the first skill ... never had such problems. In general, my NYX with energy does not ever have any problems even on missions with restrictions.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Another problem with NYX 1-st skill... This "RailjackCrewlGuy" always kill her minion. I can't call both of them at the same time. Minion can also be killed by radiation status if he was present in the gun of the shooter.

Edited by -EPECb-

Posted (edited)

Would it be cool if there was no minion limit but each minion that was made reduced Nyx's health by a percentage. And efficiency stat could affect it.

And when it gets to be too much of a burden, holding the button could kill the minions.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
В 17.05.2021 в 21:24, Redfeather75 сказал:

Would it be cool if there was no minion limit but each minion that was made reduced Nyx's health by a percentage. And efficiency stat could affect it.

Another good idea. 👍

• Like 1