Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which was the best version of saryn? Current/turret/2015

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Saryn was my first prime, and helped me through so many content back in 2017

I only experienced 2 saryns, the turret saryn where you had to cast spores on molt, and the current saryn that's destorying sanctuary onslaught while being average on everything else.

All i knew about previous versions is that the lower the duration the better burst damage miasma deals, while spore was just for support. (I love the idea of spores being a support ability and not the core of her kit)

Spore was viral while miasma was corrosive (still don't know why they switched it doesn't make sense, i'm supposed to spread a viral disease not a corrosive substance)

Saryn right now feels like a very contained and specific plague that is highly volatile and easy to deteriorate, but damages the target when it's there.

Which was the best version? 

I honestly don't know why the devs thought "turret" Saryn needed to be changed. Viral Spores might not have had "infinite damage scaling," they were functionally a large area debuff on the enemy that caused them to take double damage -- Nova has had that since the very beginning and she's still fine today. Corrosive Miasma was what we call a Gradual Grinder that could strip off that "Gradual" part very easily. The only change I agree was actually urgent was updating Toxic Lash to apply to guns (ironically, a melee-only Toxic Lash today wouldn't be considered underpowered at all today)

current version is fine by me. sure, one could argue she Destroys things on an insane scale, but let's face it, she doesn't really have much else, just a decoy ability (that needs an augment for survivability to be useful) and a generic buff. in smaller fights where her spores don't get to spread, Saryn really gets reigned in compared to other frames.

Archived