Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes~ Do not feel anything too special about them...

SerphV

Perhaps this had been said before... but just gonna put my thoughts here and want to hear from you guys...

With the release of the new Octavia Prime... it triggered the old feeling and thought that I had in me: "Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one... the word Prime seems overhyped and I end up feeling underwhelmed~~" I do not feel the urge to get it quickly as I still have the normal 1 with me...

And even saying that, some of the normal Warframe have a SPECIAL QUEST to get them! And all the primes are just from relics! Like whut??~~ Well for this, if they could make that in order to build a Prime Warframe, you will need the normal Warframe as a base to build, it might make the Prime, a Prime? So its like attaching and upgrading the normal Warframe to a Prime... 

On top of that, shouldn't the PRIME Warframe with all those special voodoo Orokin technology blah blah~  be like something awesomer and cooler to play with? Like maybe an additional skill or passive? Or maybe just some special synergy with something else... The previous few prime came and went... without me even realising that I was using a prime cause they felt the same?

Not saying Prime is a bad idea but I find that it needs a little bit more KICK~ 

What are your thoughts on this?

I dont think they need more kick.

For frames the difference is minor , 

Prime Weapons though are a different talking point.

The reason prime frames exist is more for the monetary gain and cosmetic value and less for the bonus itself.

There is the MR too I guess.

I ocassionally pick the wrong frame (prime vs regular) cause of habit or cause the prime has fewer forma and usage so it's lower in the list.

So personally , i don't have a problem leaving things as they are.

5 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Way back in 2013, Prime Warframes had zero differences with their base versions (outside of default polarities; some didn't even have extra polarities, just different polarities). And even with the stat bonuses being existent but miniscule, I don't see much of a problem with it. One, I think having such huge stat bonuses would be kinda weird, and two it would cause all new frames coming out (Lavos last year, Sevigoth in a couple weeks) to be severely underpowered and useless for three entire years until they can finally have Primes

21 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Perhaps this had been said before... but just gonna put my thoughts here and want to hear from you guys...

With the release of the new Octavia Prime... it triggered the old feeling and thought that I had in me: "Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one... the word Prime seems overhyped and I end up feeling underwhelmed~~" I do not feel the urge to get it quickly as I still have the normal 1 with me...

And even saying that, some of the normal Warframe have a SPECIAL QUEST to get them! And all the primes are just from relics! Like whut??~~ Well for this, if they could make that in order to build a Prime Warframe, you will need the normal Warframe as a base to build, it might make the Prime, a Prime? So its like attaching and upgrading the normal Warframe to a Prime... 

On top of that, shouldn't the PRIME Warframe with all those special voodoo Orokin technology blah blah~  be like something awesomer and cooler to play with? Like maybe an additional skill or passive? Or maybe just some special synergy with something else... The previous few prime came and went... without me even realising that I was using a prime cause they felt the same?

I understand what you are saying and I somewhat agree. However I think its now far too late for Warframe to make these changes - think of how many primes have been released. The idea of building a prime upon and existing regular frame would've been really cool - but again it may be too late for that.

34 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one

Yes, except for all the differences, there are no differences!

Anyway the point is that they are slightly better, but not so much better so that players have to get them.

If primes were anything more than what they are right now,  due to the vaulting mechanic, there would be hordes of butthurt people complaining about content being gated, that it's a p2w mechanic and so on and so forth.

Imagine excalibur prime having some uniqe ability/interaction/quirk, the overall complaining would be indescribable.

Nah primes are perfectly fine where they are, generally cooler looking, with barely perceptible better stats, generally inconcequential.

39 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Or maybe just some special synergy with something else...

They have, with the orbs in the void. It comes pretty handy in a survival or a quick capture with a frame with a poor energy economy build.

And for the topic itself - they have minor buffs, but if they didn't have only minor buffs...everyone would be "required" to run them and only them and the prime sets would be abysmal in price. If the prime had substantial buffs there would be quite the balancing act. Much like right now with most prime weapons, the normal one is obsolete in every way(except rivens) as soon as you get the prime.
Right now if you don't have a prime frame(or plat to buy one) you are not missing much, you can do all the things a prime can. With a few exceptions like volt(because of his energy pool) that doesn't affect the builds at all, it's a good thing imo.
Also from a "lore" perspective the primes were the originals from what the normal frames were made. The normal ones are a little less effective because they couldn't replicate the "orokin technology" or some thing like this.

Their just meant to be better looking skins.

33 minutes ago, SerphV said:

I do not feel the urge to get it quickly as I still have the normal 1 with me...

I don't think alot of people do, maybe content creators, collectors and if its someone's fav frame, actually purchase Prime Access.

35 minutes ago, SerphV said:

some of the normal Warframe have a SPECIAL QUEST to get them! And all the primes are just from relics! Like whut??

I don't think that would be the best of plans, looking at DE's track record, approximately 4 primes are released every year. Making a quest for each or even half and then also focus on other stuff (New war, open worlds, railjack, melee, status etc. etc. etc.) we would definitely see, either content delays (expect year long) or buggy and disappointing releases. 

Also the relic system is sorta a way to balance the RNG and squad reward share of getting prime stuff. I've heard the old key system use to be far much more fun, but that's up for DE.

42 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Well for this, if they could make that in order to build a Prime Warframe, you will need the normal Warframe as a base to build, it might make the Prime, a Prime? So its like attaching and upgrading the normal Warframe to a Prime... 

This would only be viable if the reactor, forma and focus also transferred to the prime (kinda like the valence fusion) but I doubt DE's gonna let that slide.

45 minutes ago, SerphV said:

On top of that, shouldn't the PRIME Warframe with all those special voodoo Orokin technology blah blah~  be like something awesomer and cooler to play with? Like maybe an additional skill or passive? Or maybe just some special synergy with something else.

The orokin are known more for their shiny arsses than for the technological advancement of the solar rail

49 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Maybe give primes (warframes and weps) the ability to consume common mods (vitality and what not) that become permanent part of their getup (make it limited to a few mods)

Maybe give primes damage resistance (not 100%) to certain types (saryn can have resistance against toxin or gas, ember against fire, wukong against impact etc.)

Maybe all primes after killing an X amount of enemies (100 or 300) gain the corrupted status effect (in any mission) lasting an X amount of time (60 90 or 100 seconds).

The only thing that has to be considered is that the extra KICK has to be universal across all primes and cannot be game breaking. But will DE ever implement any thing like this, absolutely not. Because primes are just a cash grab that's all they've ever been and all they'll ever be, since the first excal prime.

1 hour ago, SerphV said:

Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one...

Sadly, you're absolutely right.

The reason is that DE have literally stated that this is the case and they want it to remain so. But specifically so that they don't have to balance pass the frame's kit again. DE already attempt to balance the frame in the base form (and they're not always successful as we've seen), do you really want them to have to try doing that to even stronger versions of the same frame?

When Excal Umbra was released his Radial Howl was supposed to be a 'balanced' change to Radial Blind; it did more than just blind enemies, it stripped Sentient Adaptation, but as a 'balance' it had a longer casting speed. That, to be honest, was stupid, because Blind is Excal's panic button to stop himself getting shot at. The casting delay killed many Excal players because they had the timing wrong. So they complained bitterly and Radial Howl is now a straight upgrade to Blind because of the extra functions.

A unique frame with a unique quest is an upgrade over even the Prime (nominally, depending on your play style) due to an extra passive and extra function. And thus far it's literally the exception.

Meanwhile, DE have actively stated, all the way back when Primes became a thing past Excal and Frost, that Primes are genuinely only supposed to be slightly more survivable versions of the frames because they don't want to re-balance the abilities every time. They want somebody walking in with a Roar or Stomp, Miasma, Discharge, whatever, as long as they have the same mods installed, to have the same Range, Duration, Strength and Efficiency, whether they're a Prime or not.

4 hours ago, SerphV said:

"Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one...

you literally said "apart from all the differences, there is no difference" like... what? 

Confused Star Wars GIF

I'm not sure what you expect primes to be, considering that if they were made to be a far and away upgrade over vanilla frames, people would immediately start screaming "Pay-To-Win!" even though it's only half-way there. people are incredibly touchy about this subject, and DE struck a happy medium by making Primes as they are: worth going for, but not so much as to render vanilla frames invalid.

I'd like more interaction than just the death orbs providing energy and Baro acting cool instead of $&*^y. Maybe give Spoilermode the ability to zap the Prime with voidbeam-amp for some reason. Would be kinda cool to like, "play medic" and continuously zap the prime, animating it like Umbra or something but only when voidbeaming it. That could be an Arcane tho, not some Prime Kick that's kinda cool but not OP.

There's the synergies that happen when Frames hold their signature weapons. Maybe give primes like 50% synergy with mismatched weapons that are also Prime? Dunno 

Primes used to light up like Christmas trees when channeling, now I think they only glow when have combo multiplier? I think? Hard to tell because I'm usually moving too fast too see.

5 hours ago, SerphV said:

make that in order to build a Prime Warframe, you will need the normal Warframe as a base to build, it might make the Prime, a Prime?

Me, you, and another person who commented on one of my threads earlier all had this idea, it seems logical tbh, definitely should be a thing with the next prime, we cant change it now though, it'd kill the in game economy and irritate players who wanted already released frames

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Hopper_Orouk:

If they made them much better than normal versions then it's pretty much a pay to win to some people 

Well those people do not understand what "pay to win" means... not that I am surprised that there are people who complain about things and have no clue what they are really complaining about, because this happens far too often.

9 hours ago, SerphV said:

Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one.

"There is no difference in the regular and prime version except the three that I mentioned"

Archived