Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what do you think about octavia prime?

Venus-Venera

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

I know what a macro is. Just because they exist doesn't mean pc players are looking for a way to auto pilot games and not play them though. I play on PC and have never used a macro in this game. I have for other games but there is no need to in WF. I actually play with a controller. This game just feels good on a controller to me. 

The whole pc vs. console thing is old af and played out. I love playing games console and pc. I have like seven different consoles and a pc. Just because I'm playing WF on pc doesn't mean I was a wall whipping afk Khora in ophelia or tbag spam Octavia. You were just making broad generalizations based on assumptions and access to macros. 

Yea I know I was being facetious. But a very small minority of PC players look for ways to get away with things they know are frowned upon. And even disregarding that, the OP still asked for infinite timers which is just silly. 

How long did the Ash, chroma, and Zephyr tweaks take? 

Octavia needs literally no reworks or tweaks if we're looking at 6mo to a year for implementation. 

The community should choose 2 to 5 frames that legitimately need real work so DE sees we are coming together for the same goal instead of being all over the place.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea I know I was being facetious. But a very small minority of PC players look for ways to get away with things they know are frowned upon. And even disregarding that, the OP still asked for infinite timers which is just silly. 

How long did the Ash, chroma, and Zephyr tweaks take? 

Octavia needs literally no reworks or tweaks if we're looking at 6mo to a year for implementation. 

The community should choose 2 to 5 frames that legitimately need real work so DE sees we are coming together for the same goal instead of being all over the place.

I think we definitely need to stop asking to rework every frame, especially when it comes to huge changes. 

IMO with how many frames we have now, prioritization is a must. We need to focus on any few frames that truly need actually serious overhauling. 

Now, that doesn't mean we have to leave the majority of frames untouched, but I think we could go through really quickly and give most frames a balance pass, sort of like the armor changes, without wasting a ton of dev time and rebalancing/reworking/retouching every frame individually. 

For example, any frame that has an ability that does damage. The balance team could go in real quick and add level scaling, and adjust the base numbers for balance if necessary. Do this all at once for all frames and it would make a huge difference. That's just one example of how we could quickly get most frames more on the level of "all at least up to speed with each other", without creating a project we know they can never realistically finish. 

As for frames and needing reworks, I think we need to stop asking for frames to be reworked and just ask for new frame concepts. 

If your idea for a frame rework radically changes how it works, why not just ask for a new frame? They never stop making them... stop trying to make existing frames play entirely differently, that is already somebody's baby. 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I think we definitely need to stop asking to rework every frame, especially when it comes to huge changes. 

IMO with how many frames we have now, prioritization is a must. We need to focus on any few frames that truly need actually serious overhauling. 

Now, that doesn't mean we have to leave the majority of frames untouched, but I think we could go through really quickly and give most frames a balance pass, sort of like the armor changes, without wasting a ton of dev time and rebalancing/reworking/retouching every frame individually. 

For example, any frame that has an ability that does damage. The balance team could go in real quick and add level scaling, and adjust the base numbers for balance if necessary. Do this all at once for all frames and it would make a huge difference. That's just one example of how we could quickly get most frames more on the level of "all at least up to speed with each other", without creating a project we know they can never realistically finish. 

As for frames and needing reworks, I think we need to stop asking for frames to be reworked and just ask for new frame concepts. 

If your idea for a frame rework radically changes how it works, why not just ask for a new frame? They never stop making them... stop trying to make existing frames play entirely differently, that is already somebody's baby. 

but that has to be adjusted individually. the post is not intended for that.
there are statistics, tools like excel and much more. and you can see that at DE there are a lot of clever people in the team. they can and they will do it with time.

and thanks to others for their experience. it is very interesting to read. i don't agree with everything, but it is also important to learn other points of view.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I don't think the cheap price has anything to do with popularity, they just made her super common for a prime, not sure why. 

Maybe they figure she is popular enough a lot of people will just buy PA anyways? 

Cause it's like, two common relics, one uncommon and one rare to get her full set right? Easy peasy. 

Octavia Prime is hardly a grind even for a really casual player. 

that was far too easy indeed. i only played axi o5 in the group 1 time. the rest came by itself from public groups. the next day in the morning I invested 50p and could start immediately.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb cliffghost:

I use Octavia for soloing open world bounties. On Cetus she comes with a Rubico, on Fortuna with an Opticor, on Deimos with an Ignis. Comfortable and easy to use. No hectic, no stress. Grofit.

Why should I vote for a change of her kit?

there are always reasons. I can play bounties with any warframe without skill. simple max tank and aoe weapon with high status and usable mele. when it gets too hot, voidrig 4th can show everyone where crayfish spend their winter.

i like that about warframe too. because here I am NOT ABSOLUTELY forced to play with certain warframes or weapons.

however, that does not mean that it is EFFECTIVE.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Octavia is a very well crafted frame, and it's hard to for people to nitpick near perfection, whereas with Frost everyone has a lot of stuff to say. 

That’s a strange thing to say, people have TONS of complaints about Octavia. Just read this thread! 

If most people's feedback is "I have to press buttons and she's boring", then it might be time to go help another frame become better. 

That is a gross oversimplification of peoples problems with Octavia.

A lot of frames have their own "egg timers". Gara with her 2, having to watch frosts bubble health, khoras dome, limbos dome, ivaras energy drain, energy for many channeled abilities when you get into higher levels, rhinos iron skin, nezhas iron skin lol etc. 

Many online games have a "rotation" where you're watching a sequence of things to refresh or maintain. 

Nezha and Rhino don’t have timers on their tank abilities but that’s kind of beside the point here. Sure a lot of frames have 1 or 2 abilities with timers, but with Octavia it’s the whole damn kit. Big difference. 

3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

The whole perma invis infinite scaling damage thing is something no other frame has so i guess that's OP in the proper setting, long campy endurance runs. Then you have Vauban who also has scaling damage. With his cc abilities and easy 100% armor strip is excels at long campy endurance runs just like Octavia. He's a more versatile frame but no one is claiming he's OP. 

Get him rest/rage and give him a Skiajati and he would be a more engaging Octavia.

5 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

I played her "seriously" for the serious time. i can also see immediately that a lot has been thought about and a lot of interesting things have been built in: different melodies, ways of playing, synergies and much more.

what I don't like at all is this pointless "keep EVERYTHING on CD" ... all skills have synergies! and instead of concentrating on fights or creating buffs, I have to constantly control which skill is running out .... you can do it more easily: fourth skill active? then all other activated skills have an infinite duration ... has four skill expired? then skills from 1 to 3 have normal duration and expire. unless four skill is reactivated ........

and as a supporter she hardly convinces me. wisp does it much better. at the moment I play (rather test) her like this:
duration: 226%
eff: 45%
range: 106%
strength: 298%

You can thank [DE] Scott for the whole "we don't like fire & forget" nerf on every frame in the game.  That's why all powers that synergize MUST be constantly tracked and discharged as needed.
That's also why Zenurik energy-restore has to be constantly re-done every minute or so if you are using a support / crowd control frame: again "we don't like fire and forget...so we "fixed it". 
/Sarcasm.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't think the cheap price has anything to do with popularity, they just made her super common for a prime, not sure why. 

Maybe they figure she is popular enough a lot of people will just buy PA anyways? 

Cause it's like, two common relics, one uncommon and one rare to get her full set right? Easy peasy. 

Octavia Prime is hardly a grind even for a really casual player. 

its 100% about popularity, i maded like 3k plats selling mesa prime. Because is popular and have big ass.

I cant imagine plebs when wisp prime will come out

vor einer Stunde schrieb Shemarria:

You can thank [DE] Scott for the whole "we don't like fire & forget" nerf on every frame in the game.  That's why all powers that synergize MUST be constantly tracked and discharged as needed.
That's also why Zenurik energy-restore has to be constantly re-done every minute or so if you are using a support / crowd control frame: again "we don't like fire and forget...so we "fixed it". 
/Sarcasm.

yes, very strange fix.

Of course, I don't want to take the quote out of context and only speak for myself (I don't know all players personally):
1) there are skills that are perfectly fine. example: dispensary from protea.
2) there are skills that have finally been fixed and that became an aura. example: loot aura from necros.
3) but there are skills that you have to keep on cooldown without tactics (i.e. absolutely brain afk) ...

I hope the devs will rethink point 3. the year 2021 is now out and almost every keyboard has top macro software with it ... it's not about pressing primitive keys with random pauses in between, but I can also record mouse movements. so afk farms with it is no problem at all. maybe that's why wukong is so popular in asia ...
but then it's no longer playing. then i prefer to earn money or play something else.

8 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

yes, very strange fix.

Of course, I don't want to take the quote out of context and only speak for myself (I don't know all players personally):
1) there are skills that are perfectly fine. example: dispensary from protea.
2) there are skills that have finally been fixed and that became an aura. example: loot aura from necros.
3) but there are skills that you have to keep on cooldown without tactics (i.e. absolutely brain afk) ...

I hope the devs will rethink point 3. the year 2021 is now out and almost every keyboard has top macro software with it ... it's not about pressing primitive keys with random pauses in between, but I can also record mouse movements. so afk farms with it is no problem at all. maybe that's why wukong is so popular in asia ...
but then it's no longer playing. then i prefer to earn money or play something else.

Octavia has weak defense and sometimes people run her without a health mod. If at high level you don't refresh your invisibility or get hit by splash damage you're dead. This requires positioning....

Personally i enjoy her. But I'm not the typical person spamming crouch and afking.

As far as her prime?  I feel like de didn't really do a good job here. The syandanas nice but the rest of the content of the accessory pack isn't worth it.

It should have been more song slots better mandochord for more advanced songs.  A way to record a song and have the mandochord try to copy it.  More instruments and lines. Etc etc etc.  The shawzin and armor sucks.

As for the weapons they are very meh.  She's the music frame. Wheres the dubstep gun that makes enemies dance till they explode. And the boombox that turns into a planet busting beam cannon.

The look of her prime feels lazy. Its here ugly base frame with some gold trim.

Her deluxe skin with the tennogen pigtails helm wrecks her prime. 

Just now, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

The question though is how do you play her? If you just afk and let her abilities do the work of course you'll be bored.

No matter what I do .... if I run, shoot or hang on the wall the boredom will be the same!

14 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

I played her "seriously" for the serious time. i can also see immediately that a lot has been thought about and a lot of interesting things have been built in: different melodies, ways of playing, synergies and much more.

what I don't like at all is this pointless "keep EVERYTHING on CD" ... all skills have synergies! and instead of concentrating on fights or creating buffs, I have to constantly control which skill is running out .... you can do it more easily: fourth skill active? then all other activated skills have an infinite duration ... has four skill expired? then skills from 1 to 3 have normal duration and expire. unless four skill is reactivated ........

and as a supporter she hardly convinces me. wisp does it much better. at the moment I play (rather test) her like this:
duration: 226%
eff: 45%
range: 106%
strength: 298%

Considering that her mallet provides her with infinite scaling damage, I would suggest the strength and negative efficiency are unnecessary.

With a bit more duration her abilities should last for over a minute, which is hardly difficult to maintain.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

That’s a strange thing to say, people have TONS of complaints about Octavia. Just read this thread! 

That is a gross oversimplification of peoples problems with Octavia.

Nezha and Rhino don’t have timers on their tank abilities but that’s kind of beside the point here. Sure a lot of frames have 1 or 2 abilities with timers, but with Octavia it’s the whole damn kit. Big difference. 

Nezha and rhino generate additional health bars, I’m not exactly sure what your point is here?

They are the exception, everyone else is the rule.

The chief complaint about Octavia is that she’s boring. If people have tons of complaints about her, could you maybe give an example?

16 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Octavia is an OP frame but one of the most boring to play imo. Like you said, you spend more time micro managing your cooldowns than you do engaging in the fight. 

There are so many more interesting frames to play that I'd rather not play a frame where spamming crouch and watching abilities timers are my main objectives. 

I'll get her, eventually, it will be a rank and forget situation.

While I do agree with you.

You play Khora....

Which is like boring as hell whipping things to death for hours on end with the room completely CC'd

Unless of course you play a different style in which case you could just subsume ensnare on any frame? 😕

2 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Considering that her mallet provides her with infinite scaling damage, I would suggest the strength and negative efficiency are unnecessary.

With a bit more duration her abilities should last for over a minute, which is hardly difficult to maintain.

She likely gets complaints over duration because it's 4 abilities in addition to an extra effect making it 5 [stealth], rather than just 1-2 many other Warframes have with the other 2-3 abilities either being ignored or used reactionary/depending on context.

41 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

While I do agree with you.

You play Khora....

Which is like boring as hell whipping things to death for hours on end with the room completely CC'd

Unless of course you play a different style in which case you could just subsume ensnare on any frame? 😕

People can deconstruct anything. It's kind of a bad faith argument. 

All you're doing with Banshee is x y z.

All you're doing with Atlas is x y z etc. 

You're supposed to have fun doing maneuvers with whatever frame you like. If it gets boring there's 43 others. If that other frame gets boring then switch it around.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

People can deconstruct anything. It's kind of a bad faith argument. 

All you're doing with Banshee is x y z.

All you're doing with Atlas is x y z etc. 

You're supposed to have fun doing maneuvers with whatever frame you like. If it gets boring there's 43 others. If that other frame gets boring then switch it around.

Shh you're ruining my fun, I'm trying to upset his Khora 😛

Octavia is one of the frames I always felt indifferent about. Although she has a clear theme (and that often matters to me) she seemed mostly boring and confusing at times with all the sound/visual clutter she usually results in. I'll be honest, I haven't used her in ages though, and she will get some more attention from me when she emerges fully cooked from the oven (with basmati rice.)

For the time being, I led her non-prime sister to the dentist. Or florist, if you catch my meaning.

Archived