Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what do you think about octavia prime?

Venus-Venera

9 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Nezha and rhino generate additional health bars, I’m not exactly sure what your point is here?

They are the exception, everyone else is the rule.

The chief complaint about Octavia is that she’s boring. If people have tons of complaints about her, could you maybe give an example?

Unless I misunderstood something, which is entirely possible, he was talking about abilities with timers and mentioned Nezha and Rhino’s tank abilities. Those abilities don’t have timers.

And all you need to do is read this thread to see people’s complaints about Octavia. “Boring to play” is oversimplified, there are reasons people find her boring, poorly executed kit, constant timer management, crouch spam, etc.

I’m not knocking anyone who does enjoy her, I was just pointing out the other poster was oversimplifying why some people don’t like her.

3 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

the main problem with octavia is tha she's awfully passive... you press 1-2-3-4 and then you just wait to cast again the abilities until the timer reach 0.

You can play this way and in some situations it might even be called for. 

However, you don't have to and you can do other things, like, you know, shoot stuff. That thing the game is largely based around. You know. Those things. 

24 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

You can play this way and in some situations it might even be called for. 

However, you don't have to and you can do other things, like, you know, shoot stuff. That thing the game is largely based around. You know. Those things. 

Was about to say this. Some video came out with an Octavia sitting in a corner in a Mot endurance just crouching and literally just sitting a corner, so people think that's how you play Octavia. 

Propaganda is real. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Was about to say this. Some video came out with an Octavia sitting in a corner in a Mot endurance just crouching and literally just sitting a corner, so people think that's how you play Octavia. 

Propaganda is real. 

Funny you should mention it. I just got out of a defense mission with a brand new Octavia Prime--all of MR8--and she basically parked in a corner and maintained the tunes. Fortunately for her I was playing TrinityP. Under-equipped Octavias can be real energy hogs. 

Doing that works, but...it is boring. I love using Octavia on defenses. You get to throw down your music of choice, cowboy up, and just run rampant. Great fun. 

Hopefully people will learn to use her better now that she's back in the spotlight and not lurking around invisible. 

For the skill set, the frame is fine, a bit boring though and since the armor changes to enemies the arena she normally shined in just doesn't require her anymore (endurance missions).
As for the aesthetics.  I was really curious how they'd go about this look.  Helm, torso and arms look great, I'm not a fan of the metal-bar legs, I would have preferred something a little more fleshed out instead of continuing on what the original had...just feels more robot than warframe. 

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

you know, it's kinda bad when a warfarme's entire kit is based around a stationary and stale gameplay, yeah, good buffs, but nha, i'll rather play a more fun/active and entertaining warframe with an actual gameplay, so, you know, enjoy your pew pew only.

Am 26.2.2021 um 17:52 schrieb TheKurtiStryke:

you know, it's kinda bad when a warfarme's entire kit is based around a stationary and stale gameplay, yeah, good buffs, but nha, i'll rather play a more fun/active and entertaining warframe with an actual gameplay, so, you know, enjoy your pew pew only.

especially because there are alternatives like sand by the sea ...
if i don't want to worry about skills, i'd rather use necros or wukong. where wukung can still fly and his pet kills everything and auto-hack is built into the skill set. Hm...

On 2021-02-26 at 11:52 AM, TheKurtiStryke said:

Defense frames and other stationary frames exist. 

Did you know there are 44 frames? They weren't all made for you, fyi. There's plenty of playstyles to choose from. 

Archived