Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anthem Next cancelled

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

Been trying Outriders more, getting more into the classes and so on. It wont be a WF killer for me since it offers absolutely nothing that WF does, which is good imo. Outriders has its own appeal and so far it is a really enjoyable game. I think the game will be its own unique take on the arpg genre. Many people compare it to Destiny and Division, but it seems far more unique with how character progression and builds work given what crafting will bring to the table in the full release.

Weapons are also different enough even within their own class. A submachine gus is vastly different from an assault rifle, which is different than a double rifle, which is different from an LMG. Not only when it comes to feel, but for actual gameplay and in what area they shine. Just as all the different (sniper) rifles are different aswell. And different classes will utilize different weapons better or worse depending on both their access to passive skills and active skills. It is also nice that the weapon mods (perks really) can give class tied mechanics to other classes, like everyone being able to gain shields if they pick up a gun with shield replenish on hit etc.

And the way that armor gear alters your skills is amazing, opening up alot of options for different playstyles. Most classes felt "meh..." when leveling them up to 7 only without having any gear, but once you get equipped in full blues you really start to notice the strengths of the classes. I completely wrote off the trickster at first, but then I got hold of an LMG aswell as some range improvements to my sphere skill (time bubble that slows enemies and bullets) and the class started to just rip through enemies while having insane survivability. LMG was just a wonderful addition since it syncs so well with the tricksters "ammo" skill which buffs your weapon damage until you swap weapons or reload, which with an LMG means 100 rounds of sweet pain before the buff drops off.

The game also looked like a total spongefest at first, but with just some tiny gearing the actual speed of the game starts to show, which is a game with a pretty good pace and ttk, that still offers situations where cover can be useful but not mandatory.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

I feel your pain.

Same for a Metroid Prime Trilogy port.

That's the one thing I won't understand about Nintendo, they already know many Wii/Wii U ports tend to sell like hotcakes, but won't make them for whatever reason.

The Prime Trilogy I can half understand, since it used Prime 3's controller setup and they'd have to either rebuild the entire control schema back to suit the Joy-cons Sticks and buttons or focus on designing a way for the Gyroscopes to effect the aim, which while not impossible would be a fair amount of work.

I guess I also get Xenoblade X to some extent...because even for the potato that was the Wii U that game was massive...it would likely be an ordeal and a half to port without some sort of compromises.

On 2021-03-01 at 1:33 AM, (XBOX)IIIIRED1IIII said:

If it doesn’t have a regional chat then you can’t call it a warframe killer

Empyrean release was the Warframe (self)killer for me.. 

And it has regional Chat :>

I will wait for some Outrider reviews/videos after release.

I have enough games top play for now. And well .. maybe railjack 0.3 will bring me back top Warframe ;)

Sadly Warframe will inevitably kill itself. In one way or another. That reality is inevitable. It doesn’t need another games help to do that. Warframe is fine for what it is, that I enjoy in spurts, a casual glorified mobile game that you can play for a little while a day or hang out in while watching Netflix. 

On 2021-02-25 at 12:38 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Outriders looks interesting

I’ve been having a lot of fun with the demo, guess what really matters is if your having fun. I especially like that the mods, characters and progression you acquire from the demo all carry over to the full game.  Humans can fly and Square enix have been completely upfront and about the full game. Cross play, 35 hour campaign, 15 end game expeditions, 150 legendarys. I will be picking up this game. Devastator is vary satisfying. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Anthem could have been great if they had Digital Extreme’s dedication. 

Lacking dedication wasn’t the issue. Anthem was rushed out, while being understaffed and mismanaged. No matter how dedicated, there are only so many obstacles said dedication can overcome. I’d say more Anthem was not giving an environment conducive to it thriving.

13 hours ago, (PSN)dday3six said:

Lacking dedication wasn’t the issue. Anthem was rushed out, while being understaffed and mismanaged. No matter how dedicated, there are only so many obstacles said dedication can overcome. I’d say more Anthem was not giving an environment conducive to it thriving.

Dedication to what is the real question. 

BioWare doesn't really seem to be in business to make games anymore. The old guard that made the company what it was is almost completely gone. Those few that returned left again very rapidly. This indicates problems with their internal culture--one whose priorities aren't particularly concerned with making good games. 

On 2021-03-02 at 7:21 AM, Aldain said:

Damn, now I really want a Xenoblade Chronicles X port to the Switch...

Thanks a lot Loza T_T.

Laugh Cry GIFs | Tenor

On 2021-03-02 at 10:39 AM, Aldain said:

I guess I also get Xenoblade X to some extent...because even for the potato that was the Wii U that game was massive...it would likely be an ordeal and a half to port without some sort of compromises.

Apparently, yes, that is the given reason - technical difficulties.

This makes me sad, because it's one of my favourite games, and I don't want to delete my save file because I'm a sentimental old sponge, but I want to replay it. :sadcry:

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Apparently, yes, that is the given reason - technical difficulties.

This makes me sad, because it's one of my favourite games, and I don't want to delete my save file because I'm a sentimental old sponge, but I want to replay it. :sadcry:

Now I'm in full nostalgia mode...what did you end up running as your personal weapon loadout just for the sake of conversaton?

I favored Photon Saber + Assault Rifle and made a strange tank/healer hybrid out of that, used the Assault Rifle for a taunt and used Photon Blade's healing to keep going...and go infinite overdrive fairly easily.

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Now I'm in full nostalgia mode...what did you end up running as your personal weapon loadout just for the sake of conversaton?

I favored Photon Saber + Assault Rifle and made a strange tank/healer hybrid out of that, used the Assault Rifle for a taunt and used Photon Blade's healing to keep going...and go infinite overdrive fairly easily.

Throughout the main story I changed it up a lot, but afterwards I ran Dual Guns and Longsword a lot. I think I used Psycho Launchers a lot though. Believe it or not, this was before I was into DMC. I ran the Longsword because it had a Katana, and I was (am) a bit of a weeb, and Dual Guns because... Well, I saw that they were good and they looked cool.

(Oh yeah. And Blossom Dance. Dunban's a beast, soooo I'm hardly going to NOT use that, am I?)

I still have several Nikana holster positions in the way that XCX had its Katana's holstered, even though it's ludicrously impractical. If we were to get a remake/sequel to the game, I'd love for it to go more into the Multigun class though - I'm a sucker for transforming weapons:

Spoiler

IpCCQW5.jpg

Delta bliss. Xenoblade X | Xenoblade chronicles, Game concept art,  Xenoblade chronicles 2

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Throughout the main story I changed it up a lot, but afterwards I ran Dual Guns and Longsword a lot. I think I used Psycho Launchers a lot though. Believe it or not, this was before I was into DMC. I ran the Longsword because it had a Katana, and I was (am) a bit of a weeb, and Dual Guns because... Well, I saw that they were good and they looked cool.

(Oh yeah. And Blossom Dance. Dunban's a beast, soooo I'm hardly going to NOT use that, am I?)

I still have several Nikana holster positions in the way that XCX had its Katana's holstered, even though it's ludicrously impractical. If we were to get a remake/sequel to the game, I'd love for it to go more into the Multigun class though - I'm a sucker for transforming weapons:

I enjoyed the more broadsword style longswords myself, but Blossom Dance was always worth using for both Style and Power regardless of the type of blade.

Ya know, I actually forgot the Multigun was even a thing, had to google it to remember, and yeah that was severely underutilized, it could have been a neat universal ranged weapon but with only 4 artes it kind of was more style over substance at times.

Honestly some part of me wants Nintendo to go full MMO with the X series, like use a formula similar to how X worked but with FF14's style of Story Telling focus in between things, it was already pretty damn close to being one mechanically, it would be an interesting thing to do considering Nintendo lacks their own dedicated MMO style game.

41 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly some part of me wants Nintendo to go full MMO with the X series, like use a formula similar to how X worked but with FF14's style of Story Telling focus in between things, it was already pretty damn close to being one mechanically, it would be an interesting thing to do considering Nintendo lacks their own dedicated MMO style game.

Oh dang, I'd be down for that. I'd love to live in the world of Mira, despite how innately dangerous it is. It's not something objective, it's just the way I y'know, feel?

On 2021-03-02 at 6:22 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I’ve been having a lot of fun with the demo, guess what really matters is if your having fun. I especially like that the mods, characters and progression you acquire from the demo all carry over to the full game.  Humans can fly and Square enix have been completely upfront and about the full game. Cross play, 35 hour campaign, 15 end game expeditions, 150 legendarys. I will be picking up this game. Devastator is vary satisfying. 

Just fell in love with the devastator today when I got the life leech mod for his jump. Reliable self heal for boss fights and trash alike. Which gave me more trouble with deciding which class to play in the final release, since I already like the other 3 alot.

I like that they've been upfront, hope the expeditions are as challenging as they say, with the last one being really hard to the point where they arent sure how many will actually succeed beating it. Big bonus is that they've also said "no rehashed" content, so everything should be new.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

devastator

For now I’m building my devastator around the bullet deflection skill (mostly because I got the mod where I can shoot while in bullet deflection mode gosh that’s a awesome ability) and quake mod that I can cast twice before cool down. And I Fricking love it! It’s DEVASTATING! can’t wait for the armors and crafting to see what I can create! It’s like people can fly took the best parts of Destiny, Division, Warframe (modding?)Gears of War and Borderlands mushed it together then made it into a game using the Unreal 5 engine. Yeah it’s beautiful on my PC.  Also can’t wait to see the other skills..I think each Outrider will have 10 to select from? I love that I will be able to select any load out I want any skill I want any mod I want and any ability I want at any time I want. And have fun! 

On 2021-03-03 at 3:26 AM, (PSN)dday3six said:

So what you're saying is that it DID have Digital Extremes "dedication".

Archived