Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught should give some amount of Simaris standing

(PSN)RookTheKnight

With the Helminth system, many of us need Simaris standing more than we ever have on account of the many warframes in his inventory, and to be honest I'm tired of taking creepy photographs for the crazy old cephalon. Additionally, adding standing rewards would both help the Khora farm feel a bit less painful, and give vets who have completed all their focus schools a reason to return to ESO.

Do you have access to Steel Path? If so, Simaris standing is non-issue. A single run of Kappa (Sedna) with Ivara (or any stealth frame, really), will cover your daily cap (at least it does that for me at MR27). Just scan every single enemy you come across, each gives ~400 standing. (Standing from scans is based on the target's level. Even doing Simaris' daily on SP is far more beneficial)

It takes like 5 to 10 minutes to max out the daily cap with scans. Other than that:

vor einer Stunde schrieb bad4youLT:

That would make simari's target capture irrelevant , a whole system much like amp's if Xaku's void damage could damage eidolon shields.

I'm against it despite disliking scanning.

The whole vet argument is weird to me. I as a "vet" (who actually plays and doesn't just has the game installed for five years) still go to ESO to level and forma every now and then and I had the duplicate frames almost all farmed and built before Helminth was even out - the Simaris ones via scans and dailies. So, I don't get that "for vets" argument. Changing it wouldn't affect me or my choice to go to ESO at all really.

8 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

That would make simari's target capture irrelevant , a whole system much like amp's if Xaku's void damage could damage eidolon shields.

Good. Like I said:

10 hours ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

... to be honest I'm tired of taking creepy photographs for the crazy old cephalon.

I also disagree with the argument as a whole, as it just gives more avenues for standing gain. In addition, the completion reward bypasses your standing cap so it would still technically be worth doing.

7 hours ago, XAN3MK said:

Do you have access to Steel Path? If so, Simaris standing is non-issue. A single run of Kappa (Sedna) with Ivara (or any stealth frame, really), will cover your daily cap (at least it does that for me at MR27). Just scan every single enemy you come across, each gives ~400 standing. (Standing from scans is based on the target's level. Even doing Simaris' daily on SP is far more beneficial)

I know. But it's boring and I hate doing it.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

The whole vet argument is weird to me. I as a "vet" (who actually plays and doesn't just has the game installed for five years) still go to ESO to level and forma every now and then and I had the duplicate frames almost all farmed and built before Helminth was even out - the Simaris ones via scans and dailies. So, I don't get that "for vets" argument. Changing it wouldn't affect me or my choice to go to ESO at all really.

Great, so now you'd be rewarded for your choice to go there, it's win/win. But I'm MR30 with 3500+ hours and all focus schools maxed. Personally, I have no reason to go there other than for relics and weapon parts to sell. While I COULD forma weapons there, I generally prefer not to. I don't think "levelling things" is enough justification for a game mode.

Yeah, I realized that having another avenue isn't necessarily bad but didn't get around to edit it and then forgot about it. I think however it should be less effective than scanning since scanning is a more dedicated and specific task while doing ESO comes with other benefits as you and others pointed out (xp, vandal parts, relics, focus, endo, syndicate standing and if it would happen Simaris standing).

On 2021-02-28 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

why would he pay you again for visiting Sanctuary? Each and every enemy you kill in there was Previously captured in the 'real world'

it'd be nonsense for him to pay you multiple times over for the same job

He pays me to scan the same Ballista every other day, so why not? Besides, partaking in Onslaught is a form of research for him.

As an aside, lore should NEVER be taken as a consideration above gameplay.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PSN)RookTheKnight:

He pays me to scan the same Ballista every other day, so why not? Besides, partaking in Onslaught is a form of research for him.

As an aside, lore should NEVER be taken as a consideration above gameplay.

Doesn't even matter. He asks to see your and the enemies' combat capabilities or whatever. The entire lore point of ESO is that you go there to satisfy Simaris' couriosity. Even lore-wise you work for his goals and not your own, Lotus' or anyone elses' by going into ESO/SO. "Doesn't fit the lore" isn't even true.

On 2021-02-25 at 10:40 AM, bad4youLT said:

I agree with you here, the idea in this thread would just "incentivize" players to not go scanning.

On 2021-02-28 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

why would he pay you again for visiting Sanctuary? Each and every enemy you kill in there was Previously captured in the 'real world'

it'd be nonsense for him to pay you multiple times over for the same job

For running SO/ESO, Simaris does pay us for it though. Instead of standing being the payment, it instead is (relics, vandal parts, captura scenes, Khora parts). Sounds more like the others just want to double dip for standing. There thought is "more rewards for less work".

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Instead of standing being the payment, it instead is (relics, vandal parts, captura scenes, Khora parts)

The relics are good. However, the Khora farm is one of the most annoying in the game. Furthermore, it takes an estimated 74-75 runs to Zone 8 to get the Braton Vandal BP/Stock. That is twenty-five hours of ESO for pure mastery. Lastly, Captura scenes are NOT a reward worth discussing and frankly I feel insulted that they were even brought up. 😐

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Sounds more like the others just want to double dip for standing. There thought is "more rewards for less work".

I mean... yeah, kinda. Farming Simaris rep is literally a chore. It's painfully un-fun and sprinkling in a bit of standing on a game mode with a dubious reward structure might help round it out. Growth + Profit = Grofit.

And if your rep gains were somehow tied to your actual score it'd incentivize players to actually perform. Which would be fun, since most game modes right now don't do that, and essentially encourage people to be as lazy as they want as long as they meet the bare minimum of the mission's parameters.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

I agree with you here, the idea in this thread would just "incentivize" players to not go scanning.

For running SO/ESO, Simaris does pay us for it though. Instead of standing being the payment, it instead is (relics, vandal parts, captura scenes, Khora parts). Sounds more like the others just want to double dip for standing. There thought is "more rewards for less work".

I mean, I personally don't care. I just can get behind that thought if it is worse than scanning as stated earlier. I'm fine with doing scans if I need standing for another Umbra mod or soon a second Sevagoth for Helminth. However, I'd easily prefer standing over some of the captura scenes for the 500th time for example. DE could use their NW duplicate protection for those for example and hand out like 1k standing instead.

Archived