Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Octavia Noggle Test Weekend!

[DE]SpaceySarah

Hi Tenno! 

This weekend, we are continuing our Twitch Drops 2.0 testing on a larger scale with the help of our Warframe Creators! 

Missed the Octavia Noggle Drops or itching to get your hands on more? You’re in luck! Watch Warframe Creators for 30 minutes from February 26 at 3:30pm ET to February 28 at 11:59pm ET to earn an Octavia Noggle, up to a maximum of 5 total Noggles!

Find a full list of Warframe Creators here: warframe.com/creators

Read more about Twitch Drops 2.0 in the official thread:

LINKING AND TROUBLESHOOTING:

Spoiler

Please ensure you have relinked your Twitch Account to your Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps to unlink/relink if you have not already:

Once you have met the 30 minute watch time, a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

If you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory 

Twitch Drops in your Twitch Inventory must be claimed within 24 hours of the Campaign end date (so in this case, by March 1 at 11:59pm ET). Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

Important Note: We are aware of the 'Error' popup occurring when attempting to Claim the drop after the campaign (stream) has ended - we are investigating with Twitch + internal tests.

We appreciate the understanding as we adopt the new Twitch Drop 2.0 program!

4 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Hi,

What possible things have I done wrong when twitch tells me I claimed an octavia noggle 3 days ago, but teshin doesn't pop up in my inbox? The last message is still shadowstalker sending me empty threats.

I already unlinked and re-linked for a 2nd time since then, both ends "confirm" my twitch is connected to my warframe account, and warframe tells me it's connected to my twitch account. (I only have 1 twitch account and 1 warframe account by the way. it cant have gone to a wrong one.)

I think the 2 way authentication is working, but how do i make sure?

Thanks for reading.

After completing the 30 minutes. You need to click on "claim" on twitch WITHIN 24 HOURS.

And then it'll show up in warframe when you login, (after a minute or two, sometimes more)

Excellent idea. Thanks Sarah! 💖 More noggles for me :crylaugh:

For troubleshooting: I wonder if this is a cookies or script-block/ad-block problem that is preventing users from claiming their rewards? I have trouble imagining it is a simple connection time-out error.

The only problem I've had with Twitch Drops 2.0 is sometimes I get my message from Teshin late, once it was literally 24 hours after the stream. But most of the time it is from a few minutes to a few hours, so I can live with it.

One topic that I did not see come up in the old Twitch Drops 1.0 system was my own: "I need to refresh my page as soon as the stream officially begins, because if I don't then I will not receive any drop reward." That is what I had to do every stream. Refresh, usually see an additional advertisement, or get no drop at all.

I hope everyone can get connected properly.

11 minutes ago, user4302 said:

After completing the 30 minutes. You need to click on "claim" on twitch WITHIN 24 HOURS.

Some users have a glitch that says "error occurred. drop was not claimed." This thread even has a screenshot of what it looks like.

12 minutes ago, user4302 said:

And then it'll show up in warframe when you login, (after a minute or two, sometimes more)

This is where IronElemental and I have had problems. IronElemental has claimed the reward on the twitch website, but not received an inbox message from Teshin with the drop. For myself, the longest delay I have experienced is 24 hours from clicking "claim" to getting a message from Teshin.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Excellent idea. Thanks Sarah! 💖 More noggles for me :crylaugh:

For troubleshooting: I wonder if this is a cookies or script-block/ad-block problem that is preventing users from claiming their rewards? I have trouble imagining it is a simple connection time-out error.

The only problem I've had with Twitch Drops 2.0 is sometimes I get my message from Teshin late, once it was literally 24 hours after the stream. But most of the time it is from a few minutes to a few hours, so I can live with it.

One topic that I did not see come up in the old Twitch Drops 1.0 system was my own: "I need to refresh my page as soon as the stream officially begins, because if I don't then I will not receive any drop reward." That is what I had to do every stream. Refresh, usually see an additional advertisement, or get no drop at all.

I hope everyone can get connected properly.

I don't think it's a script-blocker/ad-block problem. I have Twitch heavily locked down between the both of them (though I know what scripts I'm blocking) and I haven't actually had any problems obtaining drops on Twitch's end. Now in the game...I've often forgotten about the stream entirely some 4 hours after actively playing when Teshin interrupts my return to the Orbiter with his notification. I haven't had anything like 24 hours or 3 days though.

I'm often at work when I run the streams, as well, and I too would love a surefire way to run the stream without having to actively refresh the page. It would make not missing it halfway through because I'm caught up in something else infinitely better.

4 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Hi,

What possible things have I done wrong when twitch tells me I claimed an octavia noggle 3 days ago, but teshin doesn't pop up in my inbox? The last message is still shadowstalker sending me empty threats.

I already unlinked and re-linked for a 2nd time since then, both ends "confirm" my twitch is connected to my warframe account, and warframe tells me it's connected to my twitch account. (I only have 1 twitch account and 1 warframe account by the way. it cant have gone to a wrong one.)

I think the 2 way authentication is working, but how do i make sure?

Thanks for reading.

When you logged into warframe, did you make sure to sign in under the right console? Sometimes I accidentally type my info in and hit  enter, then realize that I just logged into my old PC account. So sometimes that’s the issue, or it could just be that when you went to check your inbox to see if you got the drop, then noticed you didn’t at all. When you went to relink your twitch, and Warframe accounts, you missed the time frame.

Another possibility is that when you are watching twitch on any device with headphones on, sometimes the headphones(especially ones with lots of mileage) register on twitch as having your volume on mute. Several of my older headsets, and one newer set of iPad headphones, all have minor bends at the input from accidentally moving to far away, pulling the cord out by accident, ect. on my screens it shows my volume go up and down. However, sometimes it will just flash where the volume level is at and that’s all. I figured it out after the 4th drop that my headphones, and external speakers were all causing my PC, tablets, iPad Pros, and phones to somehow make it seem like my volume is muted. Other than that when my volume icon would pop up during the stream, w/e device I was using to watch, reset my streaming time because of the audio switching back and forth from my internal speakers for a millisecond, and back to my external speakers ( whatever I had plugged in my audio jack). Which would cause many of my devices to automatically refresh watching the stream; which made it seem as if you were just jumping in to watch. 

another issue could be your internet connection. If you have issues while watching a live stream, then it drops at anytime, lags for a few seconds, and/or your screen goes black, but you can hear the audio and see chat. Then that will be your main issue. The two times I missed drops that I really wanted, I either had to refresh the screen, the live stream started to lag out heavily and the screen went black but the audio and chat worked fine. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

I did that immediately after the pop up showed me i was allowed to claim it. I was trying to make sure everything was set and ready during that stream. The previous twitchdrops worked flawless for me every time. 

The twitch page also says i "claimed" that noggle 3 days ago. 

By previous twitchdrops, do you mean the ones before this new 'drops 2.0' system? If so ya they were amazing for me as well.

This new system seems to be super bad...

Did you unlink your account on warframe.com as well as twitch.tv? Before re linking them.

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

FOMO: fear of missing out.

This way no one will be totally disappointed.

Except for last week when Twitch Drops 2.0 was advertised as having an unlimited claim time and I missed all but one. Missing the shawzin hurt the most...

I'd personally love a 2nd chance to get last week's drops instead.

Can I possibly get some help in getting my account unlinked? I unlinked on twitch's side first and now when i try to unlink on warframe site it just gives me and error. It wont let me re-link because it says my account is already linked but I can verify that its definitley unlinked on twitch side through the connections tab.

Hello! Apologies if there is a better bug report thread to post this in, but I encountered an issue with today's Dev Stream drop.

• For my timezone, the stream started at 1pm. I joined at 1:35 (and just hoped it'd go a few minutes over)
  • I wasn't constantly checking progress, but around 1:50 I was at least 60% of the way there (looking all good)
  • Checking at around 2:03 ish, the drop progress had become only 3%
  • No further progress was made for the remainder of the stream

It seems like at 2pm, the progress on the drop reset, and shortly thereafter stopped entirely. Not sure if its a Twitch bug or related to configuration of how the drop was supposed to distribute.

Also, I was watching from an iPad.

I re-linked, jumped through all the hoops, claimed the umbra forma blueprint, yet never received the umbra forma blueprint. What do I need to do to get the Blueprint? Should I screen cap where it says I claimed it six hours ago?

Almost a seven hour delay for it to show up.

4 hours ago, __jag__ said:

Another drawback of the new system for multi-reward campaigns: progress for the next item doesn't start until you have claimed the current item.

I'm sure Twitch probably lists this as a feature of the new system since it "helps promote active stream participation, not just idling with a stream open" heh.

As an additional hurdle here, using the Twitch desktop app, after claiming the first currently awarded drop, I was unable to claim subsequent drops. If I opened Twitch in a browser (on the same machine), I could claim the drop from my inventory and progress would start incrementing again in the Twitch desktop app. Doing a refresh or restarting the Twitch desktop app did not clear up the odd "status says 100% towards the drop but I have no drop to claim in inventory" state.

@kailaasa The drop event only lasts an hour, so in your case from 1PM to 2PM and that whole thing is a bummer. For example if you watch the stream from 1:30:01PM you don't get the drop even if the stream ends after 2:00PM. I don't know if DE could increase the duration of the drop event, say 5 minutes before the start and 5 minutes after the finish, but that would be a good improvement of the system in my opinion.

On 2021-02-26 at 4:13 AM, (NSW)IronElemental said:

(edit again) i now officially hate twitch. I have 3 'claimed' octavia noggles in there... what an amazing system.

Did you try going into the inbox in warframe? Oddly I didn't get the inbox messages until I opened the inbox.

Archived