Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Umbra forma today (Friday) during the dev stream as a drop

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Your last sentence sums up how this will go for TONS of players, also thanks to DE's accidental claim of drops being infinitely in your inventory (which they're not) on twitch as its still manifested in my brain as well. (while they checked and edited it accordingly, the initial post of it will still be in a lot of peoples heads) 

Tons of people will miss out on it, and then jump on DE why they didn't make it a normal Forma and the Umbra one a GOTL alert. 

Which I'm having the opinion of already. Rare items like this that still can't be accessed in the game without up to massive time gates shouldn't be used in a system that every. Single. Stream. They. Have. Made. Since. Launch doesn't work neither properly, nor consistently. (as you can tell with threads and posts popping up every darn stream) 

I'll forsee a lot of work for the forum and reddit moderators. 

We'll see. 

It's sad to me a game company can have a free giveaway in an effort to do something nice and still get so much flak, but humans are what they are.

You put me on high alert with this post. I could have swore up and down that it was Thursday today and sure enough it is. Umbra Forma is on Friday's stream at 11am PST. I got a couple of unused umbra forma, but I don't mind a free drop and I don't wanna miss this one. The more umbra the merrier.

I’ve still yet to use an Umbra Forma. There’s just not many frames that actually benefit from all 3 umbral mods, and the ones that do I feel like it’s such a marginal benefit that I just haven’t bothered. Am I missing something or do others feel this way too?

Edit: I’m also a filthy casual with little desire to minmax, so that’s probably influencing my outlook.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’ve still yet to use an Umbra Forma. There’s just not many frames that actually benefit from all 3 umbral mods, and the ones that do I feel like it’s such a marginal benefit that I just haven’t bothered. Am I missing something or do others feel this way too?

Edit: I’m also a filthy casual with little desire to minmax, so that’s probably influencing my outlook.

As a fellow filthy casual that wants to make things work that others say won't, I am looking at a build that works with one Umbra for Volt P. I have not yet crunched everything to see if I could possibly do it another way, but the math I did last night makes one very appealing. Defensive, Range, Duration based. I have it built, but could level up more mods with an Umbra.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

As a fellow filthy casual that wants to make things work that others say won't, I am looking at a build that works with one Umbra for Volt P. I have not yet crunched everything to see if I could possibly do it another way, but the math I did last night makes one very appealing. Defensive, Range, Duration based. I have it built, but could level up more mods with an Umbra.

I have plenty of builds that use Umbral mods, I just can’t find a reason to use the UForma. Any build with 2 or fewer umbral mods can be done with regular Forma, so I’ve just been saving my UForma until I find a real convincing reason to put all 3 on a build.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I have plenty of builds that use Umbral mods, I just can’t find a reason to use the UForma. Any build with 2 or fewer umbral mods can be done with regular Forma, so I’ve just been saving my UForma until I find a real convincing reason to put all 3 on a build.

Yup, same, the Volt P needs all three, that's my point. I am sure someone will tell me I am building it wrong, but going to try it anyway.

Wukong uses all three well, but he rocks so far with not even a Forma yet, so no need there for me.

I agree, I have had to pretty much go out of my way to find a 'need'.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Your last sentence sums up how this will go for TONS of players, also thanks to DE's accidental claim of drops being infinitely in your inventory (which they're not) on twitch as its still manifested in my brain as well. (while they checked and edited it accordingly, the initial post of it will still be in a lot of peoples heads) 

Tons of people will miss out on it, and then jump on DE why they didn't make it a normal Forma and the Umbra one a GOTL alert. 

Which I'm having the opinion of already. Rare items like this that still can't be accessed in the game without up to massive time gates shouldn't be used in a system that every. Single. Stream. They. Have. Made. Since. Launch doesn't work neither properly, nor consistently. (as you can tell with threads and posts popping up every darn stream) 

I'll forsee a lot of work for the forum and reddit moderators. 

We'll see. 

Oh the salt from all the people who don't get an umbral forma, due to twitch glitches, is going to be epic. 

Poor Letter13 and the other mods are definitely going to have their hands full... 

I agree, better would be to make the Umbral forma a gotl alert and a different prize for the stream... but they really want to incentivize people to watch I guess. I just think they should do it on their own instead of doing it through Twitch, if that's the route they want to go. When they decide to distribute stuff straight to people's inboxes with their own code people get it, but with twitch there are always people who lose out even after linking and unlinking multiple times. 

People were upset enough about losing out on one of the clunkiest primes (Hydroid) and a mediocre gimmick weapon (Athodai), I can hardly imagine how upset people will be about such a timegated and rare item. 

23 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Oh the salt from all the people who don't get an umbral forma, due to twitch glitches, is going to be epic. 

I feel like a lot of it is going to be the new claiming process. Now you have to manually claim drops for some reason or another, and the drops need to be claimed - apparently - within 24 hours or they disappear or something? Weird move by Twitch.

52 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Yup, same, the Volt P needs all three, that's my point. I am sure someone will tell me I am building it wrong, but going to try it anyway.

Haters will hate, there is no “wrong” way to build IMO. Some setups may be more powerful than others, but I think everyone should just use whatever they enjoy and build it however they prefer.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

funnily enough, I've been Umbra-ing (Umbrising?) each of my frames and Mesa Prime is next on my list.

Yeah, I’ve done Rhino and Mesa so far. Thinking about doing Atlas, Ash or Oberon next, maybe Nova...Not sure tho. Ash really doesn’t need it with his savage silence build. So really leaning towards atlas...?? not really sold yet tho because Umbra Rhino and Umbra Mesa give me everything I’m really gonna need. Maybe save for a future umbra weapon...

Archived