Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Instrument Cost

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Anyone else think her instruments shoudln't cost for an overall 400 plat? I understand it counts as cosmetics, but it is ridiculous imo that background music costs more than Immortal visual skins(40p), I suggest at least making them 25p not a stinking 50plat. Am I alone on this? I asked my region chat on their opinions and of course I got a bunch of plat snobs saying "Maybe stop being poor?" and "Plat isn't that hard to get buddy...". I have no issues with plat, I do monthly gifting, two weeks ago I gifted 900plat in gifts but I have yet to buy an Octavia instrument, I feel ripped off even wanting to buy them. My lust for the baby shark song has yet to overcome my conflict with the prices. I dont think it should be free but 50 plat, really?

In my opinion you don't need to buy them all. So bundling them together and saying her instruments cost 400p is a bit misleading. Even then, I'm not sure if console discounts apply to them, but I'd assume they do, which allows for players to buy one at a time at a discounted price if they want to complete the collection. And let's not forget that new instruments may come as time passes, as just happened during Octavia's prime release - so following the bundle logic makes even less sense to me. Not only that, but DE would have to do something about those who already bought the instruments at 50p.

All in all, I don't think they're too steep. I would not oppose them being cheaper, but I don't mind paying 50p just for my preferred instruments. It is both optional, and can be bought in phases, like most items in the game. *Glares at New Year's inflated price bundles*

1 minute ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

In my opinion you don't need to buy them all. So bundling them together and saying her instruments cost 400p is a bit misleading. Even then, I'm not sure if console discounts apply to them, but I'd assume they do, which allows for players to buy one at a time if they want to complete the collection. And let's not forget that new instruments may come as time passes, as just happened during Octavia's prime release - so following the bundle logic makes even less sense to me. Not only that, but DE would have to do something about those who already bought the instruments at 50p.

All in all, I don't think they're too steep. I would not oppose them being cheaper, but I don't mind paying 50p just for my preferred instruments. It is both optional, and can be bought in phases, like most items in the game. *Glares at New Year's inflated bundles*

Hmmm, yes thank you, I think i'll check my days for when I'll get my next discount daily reward, which instruments do you think are best?I know alpha and two others are used mostly

2 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

now im just confused...😅

Ah, he meant that you should probably expect some type of new instrument considering her Prime just came out, we don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised, we got new emotes also, but making a new instrument would take time

Actually you're right... now im confused, theres a new instrument?!

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Hmmm, yes thank you, I think i'll check my days for when I'll get my next discount daily reward, which instruments do you think are best?I know alpha and two others are used mostly

Tbh I don't recall what instruments I have on my Octavia. All I know is that an alliance mate once shared a song which allowed for both a meta fast-paced metronome and which didn't sound like a cat dragging its face across a piano, so I bought those instruments in order to make Octavia both functional and have a great song. Haven't changed since years ago. :D

8 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

now im just confused...😅

Basically, Octavia Prime is supposed to have the Bombast Instrument pack. Mine is still building, so I didn't check them out, but it's awesome that DE went the extra mile there. I remember reading somewhere it was hip-hop based, but can't find the source.

Octavia Prime Access Features

(...)

Bombast Instruments Pack
A themed instrument pack for Octavia’s Mandachord. Drop deep grooves that will get bodies moving with this bass heavy instrument pack.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Hikuro-93:

In my opinion you don't need to buy them all. So bundling them together and saying her instruments cost 400p is a bit misleading. Even then, I'm not sure if console discounts apply to them, but I'd assume they do, which allows for players to buy one at a time at a discounted price if they want to complete the collection. And let's not forget that new instruments may come as time passes, as just happened during Octavia's prime release - so following the bundle logic makes even less sense to me. Not only that, but DE would have to do something about those who already bought the instruments at 50p.

All in all, I don't think they're too steep. I would not oppose them being cheaper, but I don't mind paying 50p just for my preferred instruments. It is both optional, and can be bought in phases, like most items in the game. *Glares at New Year's inflated price bundles*

right. you can't use everything at the same time. and why buy something if you don't use it anyway. but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

How do I add Music to Octavia Prime? Do I need to rank her up 1st or no? Because I have her but can't see the songs everyone talking about + can't figure out how to use it or where I add it at??

Bring up the appearance menu for Octavia and press RT for mandachord. There you can load songs or make your own. If you ask in game chat, people can link their songs that you should be able to load it into your own.

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

implying 400p is a large amount

Maybe not when you've been playing for a while but for starters it is. Especially when you try to prioritise potatoes and slots. Agree you get to a point when 400 is peanuts but remembering back to days of selling Augments to get boosters and catalysts it can feel a grind. 

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Maybe not when you've been playing for a while but for starters it is. Especially when you try to prioritise potatoes and slots. Agree you get to a point when 400 is peanuts but remembering back to days of selling Augments to get boosters and catalysts it can feel a grind. 

yea ofc, as the OP has said they are sort of cosmetic and are at the lowest of priority. new players shouldn't really go for cosmetics before obtaining mandatory equipment and mods, older players have no issue spending 400p for cosmetics. Now this brings about the question as to why this thread is a thing  

Archived