Jump to content

Does anyone use Aerial Melee attacks anymore ? (could adding a Shoryuken make it more usable)


Recommended Posts

i find my self using aerial melee alot less now that its just a 2 hit combo in mid air whit hardly any range rather then a mini slash dash that you use to be able to do in the air. i feel like it be more usable if you could link it better to ground melee , personally id suggest an Uppercut melee attack whit a Vacuum effect (what you could call a Shoryuken ) that you could perform at anytime by pressing essentially Ctrl+E rather then Forward+Ctrl+E that we use for the slide attack. This uppercut would essentially perform a spinning jump attack whit your melee weapon that pulls in any any enemies in the air (or ragdoll) at about the exact same range as melee slam , allowing you to attack them whit your aerial melee attacks which you could also link to aerial heavy to finish it off or to ragdoll more enemies to then uppercut and continue the aerial combo.

and i know this is not devil may cry but would it hurt the game if we had the feature ?

Edited by (NSW)Leafar
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • (NSW)Leafar changed the title to Does anyone use Aerial Melee attacks anymore ? (could adding a Shoryuken make it more usable)

I was a big fan of polearm aerial melee attacks because they made you faster before the melee rework. That felt really good but unfortunately it's no longer a thing. Right now I like scythe and glaive aerial attacks because they are both very fast.

Dishonerable mention to hammer and heavy blade aerial attacks, they are just awful.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, (NSW)Leafar said:

2 hit combo

3, but ya I would still rather have 1 with a dash of movement in it.

And I would sooner reverse the entire melee rework than add more glitter, but your suggestion is ok.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I was a big fan of polearm aerial melee attacks because they made you faster before the melee rework. That felt really good but unfortunately it's no longer a thing. Right now I like scythe and glaive aerial attacks because they are both very fast.

Dishonerable mention to hammer and heavy blade aerial attacks, they are just awful.

man aerial Polearm was really good! you had good distance and the wide angle swing had good range 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

3, but ya I would still rather have 1 with a dash of movement in it.

And I would sooner reverse the entire melee rework than add more glitter, but your suggestion is ok.

You can do a bit more than 3 aerial attacks, depends on how long you stay in the air.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dante said:

You can do a bit more than 3 aerial attacks, depends on how long you stay in the air.

  Hide contents

 

 

huh did not consider using aerial melee on the heavy weight enemies like eidolon and Orb Mothers , i was just using them against ospreys , mid weight enemies like jackals and enemies that are a bit farther away then just the distance of a slide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about something like archwing melees? There won't be any need for "special" key combination (at least for basic functionality). We can for example modify aerial strike that pull certain enemies to you.

And some weapon types could have different features.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (NSW)Leafar said:

huh did not consider using aerial melee on the heavy weight enemies like eidolon and Orb Mothers , i was just using them against ospreys , mid weight enemies like jackals and enemies that are a bit farther away then just the distance of a slide.

I personally use it often when there are a few enemies in my way and i want to keep moving forward without slowing down. A simple bulletjump forward, 2-3 strikes are enough to clear the path. Aiming the strikes, if needed. And because the game mostly comes down to being a race from spawn to extraction, i tend to do this pretty often.

 I definitely wouldn't mind some form on expansion to aerial melee. Actually there was supposed to be a set mod that lets you do some form of unusual aerial attack when you don't press any movement keys while in the air:

Seems like it's forgotten though.

Spoiler

Mfwt1wM.png    Source: 

 

 

Edited by Dante
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dante said:

I personally use it often when there are a few enemies in my way and i want to keep moving forward without slowing down. A simple bulletjump forward, 2-3 strikes are enough to clear the path. Aiming the strikes, if needed. And because the game mostly comes down to being a race from spawn to extraction, i tend to do this pretty often.

 I definitely wouldn't mind some form on expansion to aerial melee. Actually there was supposed to be a set mod that lets you do some form of unusual aerial attack when you don't press any movement keys while in the air:

Seems like it's forgotten though.

  Reveal hidden contents

Mfwt1wM.png    Source: 

 

 

lol i wonder if they just up and forgot about it or if the other mods in the set just where not that fun or useful to them and just dropped the set 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely use Aerial attacks aside Ground Slam, usually more to kill an annoying Osprey.

One attack type i really really wish got removed was Wall attack. I never seen anyone making use of it and its a nauseous when you are picking up momentum to attack with Melee, use Airglide, accidentally grab on to the wall and do that extremelly slow movement hindering attack that just drops you afterwards causing you to lose all momentum and/or get stuck. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I rarely use Aerial attacks aside Ground Slam, usually more to kill an annoying Osprey.

One attack type i really really wish got removed was Wall attack. I never seen anyone making use of it and its a nauseous when you are picking up momentum to attack with Melee, use Airglide, accidentally grab on to the wall and do that extremelly slow movement hindering attack that just drops you afterwards causing you to lose all momentum and/or get stuck. 

thats true bullet jumping from a wall was just fine and its weird how wall slash just... drops you to the ground  while your character clearly looks like he is trying to jump from the wall and slash at the same time but clearly isn't 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (NSW)Leafar said:

id suggest an Uppercut melee attack whit a Vacuum effect (what you could call a Shoryuken ) that you could perform at anytime by pressing essentially Ctrl+E rather then Forward+Ctrl+E that we use for the slide attack.

Before I would agree with this....But now I feel like it doesn't quite fit Warframe.

I do love launching enemies upwards and chopping them up.... But ceilings are very low. Literally.  Most on the time, it will be very awkward.

 

BUT! There is another way to make Aerial melee quite a bit better:  

  • Allow vertical axis aiming.     Most aerial melee attacks have horizontal hitboxes, so its really hard to hit stuff slightly above/below you.  Like...Cameras, ceiling grates and scanbars.     Animations are no problem here. Combos are very simple, and there is no leg animations, so you can rotate however you want till you land.
  • Disable Slam during Aim Glide.   To allow easy Aerial melee use without accidental Slams.  
  • A bit of Archwing melee "stick to target" mechanic can help.  Instead of vacuum effect, you just dash towards them slightly. 
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Before I would agree with this....But now I feel like it doesn't quite fit Warframe.

I do love launching enemies upwards and chopping them up.... But ceilings are very low. Literally.  Most on the time, it will be very awkward.

 

BUT! There is another way to make Aerial melee quite a bit better:  

  • Allow vertical axis aiming.     Most aerial melee attacks have horizontal hitboxes, so its really hard to hit stuff slightly above/below you.  Like...Cameras, ceiling grates and scanbars.     Animations are no problem here. Combos are very simple, and there is no leg animations, so you can rotate however you want till you land.
  • Disable Slam during Aim Glide.   To allow easy Aerial melee use without accidental Slams.  
  • A bit of Archwing melee "stick to target" mechanic can help.  Instead of vacuum effect, you just dash towards them slightly. 

yea being able to rotate your character to face the camera as you slash and aim gliding disabling basic slam ( heavy slam i could see staying active since thats a different attack) would help aim your attacks more , gluing your self to the enemy for a limited time arch wing style could also be pretty good although it would have to have alot more limited range then arc melee .

Edited by (NSW)Leafar
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

from time to time, though it's usually not very useful thesedays after they nerfed it by removing the forward movement of it.
so now you either miss just as much as before they removed that (and the Air Melee Range was smaller), or even more. often more unless it's a very wide reaching Melee Weapon, if you ask me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the problems is the lack of any sort of magnetism towards enemies while in the air, and the constant presence of downward acceleration even with the backwards stick/S maneuver, that is supposed to make you still, vertically. That said, I like to use aerial melee as much as possible simply because I'm a sucker for aerial combat in general, but it's definitely clunky and ineffective. A launch attack like you propose would help, and I'd personally love it, the height though needs to be appropriate, it should apply a lifting status that works, possibly (meaning locks the enemy in place at a certain height for a set amount of time, which refreshes with every hit), and magnetism should be added whenever in the air, so that you don't skip right past your target. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I rarely use Aerial attacks aside Ground Slam, usually more to kill an annoying Osprey.

One attack type i really really wish got removed was Wall attack. I never seen anyone making use of it and its a nauseous when you are picking up momentum to attack with Melee, use Airglide, accidentally grab on to the wall and do that extremelly slow movement hindering attack that just drops you afterwards causing you to lose all momentum and/or get stuck. 

Ah yes, the wall attack.

Spoiler

 

It is, in fact, a key to wallrunning 1.0 (a scuffed version though).

Spoiler

 

As for a wall attack, imo one of the ways of making it less terrible is making it a homing attack, identical to the railjack tenno cannon. Then i personally would consider using it. Other than that, only used it by mistake and hated it every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dante said:

You can do a bit more than 3 aerial attacks, depends on how long you stay in the air.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Hum, well haven't tried it on Exalted Blade, which might be a unique case.

What I meant was 3, as in a chain of 3. Doing more has a slight delay before you can start the next chain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dante said:

Ah yes, the wall attack.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

It is, in fact, a key to wallrunning 1.0 (a scuffed version though).

  Reveal hidden contents

 

As for a wall attack, imo one of the ways of making it less terrible is making it a homing attack, identical to the railjack tenno cannon. Then i personally would consider using it. Other than that, only used it by mistake and hated it every time.

Explain how you did this.

I don't need sleep, I need answers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Hum, well haven't tried it on Exalted Blade, which might be a unique case.

What I meant was 3, as in a chain of 3. Doing more has a slight delay before you can start the next chain.

This is not unique to Exalted Blade and can be done with any weapon. You can infinitely loop the first two attacks of the combo if you choose so.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Explain how you did this.

I don't need sleep, I need answers!

Kinda hard for me to explain with words only, probably could fully show how it's done in game. This is sadly not very usable in real missions, too broken in a bad way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dante said:

Kinda hard for me to explain with words only, probably could fully show how it's done in game. This is sadly not very usable in real missions, too broken in a bad way.

I don't need usable, I need wall runs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I don't need usable, I need wall runs!

How about more aerial melee instead? 😋

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Dante
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...