Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone use Aerial Melee attacks anymore ? (could adding a Shoryuken make it more usable)

(NSW)Leafar

1 minute ago, (PSN)VKPButcher said:

Inadvertently and annoyingly, yes. Dunno if this is just a console/controller issue but a good 30% of the time I try to ground slam I get stuck blending the air despite being clearly aimed at the ground. It's dumb and annoying but cest la vie.

Even when aiming at the ground you will still do aerial combo attacks if you hold 'backwards' even a little bit. Maybe that's the issue, just guessing though.

15 hours ago, Dante said:

Ah yes, the wall attack.

Hide contents

It is, in fact, a key to wallrunning 1.0 (a scuffed version though).

Reveal hidden contents

As for a wall attack, imo one of the ways of making it less terrible is making it a homing attack, identical to the railjack tenno cannon. Then i personally would consider using it. Other than that, only used it by mistake and hated it every time.

15 hours ago, Dante said:

Ah yes, the wall attack.

Reveal hidden contents

It is, in fact, a key to wallrunning 1.0 (a scuffed version though).

Reveal hidden contents

As for a wall attack, imo one of the ways of making it less terrible is making it a homing attack, identical to the railjack tenno cannon. Then i personally would consider using it. Other than that, only used it by mistake and hated it every time.

ok...HOW did you launch your self that far whit a wall attack!!! O.O that's very impressive 

and that be very interesting turning turning wall attacks in to a Tenno Cannon Style attack. in case its deemed to OP they could make it consume part of the Combo Counter on direct hit like the Heavy Attack or use a very minimal amount of energy (like 5 points of energy)

I had a concept a long time ago I never quite bothered to put into a post for acrobatic attacks that are still effective.

The main interaction was to hold a direction or key while performing the attack near or on a given hitbox or terrain.

Enemy Hitbox based attacks:
1) While in the air Holding forward + Melee will vault over an enemy and perform a 360 AoE Melee swing.
2) While in the air Holding back + Melee will Kick off an enemy and somersault swing your weapon in a vertical 360 hitting enemies in front and behind.
3) While in the air Holding any direction + Jumping will Kick off an enemy staggering them driving your weapon into an enemy in your path.
4) While in the air after a Vault (#1) Jump + Melee will perform an upwards spiral 360 swing striking multiple times.
5) While in the air after a Vault or Kick off (#1 / #2) Crouch + Melee will perform a fast "Slash Dash" type attack in a line.

Terrain based attacks:
1) Bring back Wall-run. Allow Blocking and Melee attacks while running.
2) While on a wall Jump + Melee perform a corkscrew attack in a direction piercing through enemies knocking then aside till landing.
3) While on a wall Jump + Crouch + Melee to perform 3 sliding 360 AoE attacks. Similar to what we do now but x3 with more momentum.

Some of the Hitbox ideas could easily be applied from the Terrain line such as kick off or vaulting. Conceptually all these attacks either hit 360, multiple times or hard (~+300% damage) The trick is to make these animations fast, fun and most of all worth the extra effort over just spamming melee.

EDIT:  Oh and bring back Drop Kicking. It's still technically in the game but wonky to use since Bullet Jumping. Not some super secret technique but it was fun running down a corridor and drop kicking enemies in the head knocking them down. It's the simple things.

Honestly, wall attacks need to be addressed before aerial attacks. They're completely broken - they bizarrely don't provide any forward momentum (despite most of their animations suggesting they should), and aren't affected by attack speed mods. They're an explicit disadvantage to use in every situation, and every time I accidentally do one while chucking Exodia Contagion around it's pretty much a three second stun on myself. 

15 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Honestly, wall attacks need to be addressed before aerial attacks. They're completely broken - they bizarrely don't provide any forward momentum (despite most of their animations suggesting they should), and aren't affected by attack speed mods. They're an explicit disadvantage to use in every situation, and every time I accidentally do one while chucking Exodia Contagion around it's pretty much a three second stun on myself. 

yeah thats very true , a guy showed that it is possible to launch your self while doing it but he said the inputs are to complicated to explain so at minimum they should make the inputs easier . 

he suggested changing it in to something similar to the railjack tenno cannon which actually sounds like an awesome idea 

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I had a concept a long time ago I never quite bothered to put into a post for acrobatic attacks that are still effective.

The main interaction was to hold a direction or key while performing the attack near or on a given hitbox or terrain.

1) While in the air Holding forward + Melee will vault over an enemy and perform a 360 AoE Melee swing.
2) While in the air Holding back + Melee will Kick off an enemy and somersault swing your weapon in a vertical 360 hitting enemies in front and behind.
3) While in the air Holding any direction + Jumping will Kick off an enemy staggering them driving your weapon into an enemy in your path.
4) While in the air after a Vault (#1) Jump + Melee will perform an upwards spiral 360 swing striking multiple times.
5) While in the air after a Vault or Kick off (#1 / #2) Crouch + Melee will perform a fast "Slash Dash" type attack in a line.

Terrain based attacks:
2) While on a wall Jump + Melee perform a corkscrew attack in a direction piercing through enemies knocking then aside till landing.
3) While on a wall Jump + Crouch + Melee to perform 3 sliding 360 AoE attacks. Similar to what we do now but x3 with more momentum.

Some of the Hitbox ideas could easily be applied from the Terrain line such as kick off or vaulting. Conceptually all these attacks either hit 360, multiple times or hard (~+300% damage) The trick is to make these animations fast, fun and most of all worth the extra effort over just spamming melee.

EDIT:  Oh and bring back Drop Kicking. It's still technically in the game but wonky to use since Bullet Jumping. Not some super secret technique but it was fun running down a corridor and drop kicking enemies in the head knocking them down. It's the simple things.

that actually sounds pretty cool 

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Terrain based attacks:

Man this is just spoiling us, some of them wouldn’t be extremely practical but I just love 1,2,3,5 and the first two of the terrain section. Overall those seem like stilish and useful options, adding both mobility and flair to a system that desperately needs some mechanics beside spamming E

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-01 at 6:46 PM, Kaggelos said:

remember Excal's spinning slash attack from the cinematic? I want THAT!

That's exactly what I thought the unreleased set passive (unique aerial attack) would be. 

Archived