Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Let's Queue Up!" Survey + Results

[DE]Purzzle

Hiho everybody!

Selecting public match setting is no guarantee. Some missions/nodes are just not popular enough.

But does it make a difference? Do missions become less fun or more difficult with less players? Could something like a "fill" option help?

Let's find out what people think!

But first up: If you haven't scrolled through the discussion or results yet (nor participated in the first survey), then why don't you do so now?

More data is more good. I'll start updating things as soon as I get some more responses.

Results

Spoiler

zLn7NLt.png

Spoiler

097rnFJ.png

Spoiler

ScRjTJM.png

Spoiler

J4DB4sZ.png

Spoiler

Y3WgPVT.png

Imgur Gallery | Google Sheet | Opt out if Hosting (prior survey)

Stuff

Past Surveys | Discord | Twitter | FAQ

Cheers!

Spoiler

Results, when?

I'll wait a few days for answers to come in before working on the visuals.

Giveaway

I'll randomly choose 70 participants (PC only) and gift them weapon slots. Big thanks to Stormcaster & June for helping with the giveaway!

Stuff

Past Surveys | Discord | Twitter | FAQ

Cheers!

I chose the first and second rotation because I still consider them entrance parts of an endless mission.
The enemy level is still about the same and it's very unlikely that a mission is about to fail at minute/wave 7.

Including all rotations would mean that you might spawn into a mission with a 14HP defense pod and level 110 when joining+ a level 40 mission.

"Join+" would mostly just be a QoL change.
Didn't find anybody in the first 4 minutes? Have a second chance.
Somebody left the endless vissure because they only wanted to open one relic? Have a second chance.
Others pulled a last second dodge in Interception on you? Have a second chance.

It's not an allround fix but I found it worth thinking about.

1 minute ago, Purzzle said:

I chose the first and second rotation because I still consider them entrance parts of an endless mission.
The enemy level is still about the same and it's very unlikely that a mission is about to fail at minute/wave 7.

Including all rotations would mean that you might spawn into a mission with a 14HP defense pod and level 110 when joining+ a level 40 mission.

"Join+" would mostly just be a QoL change.
Didn't find anybody in the first 4 minutes? Have a second chance.
Somebody left the endless vissure because they only wanted to open one relic? Have a second chance.
Others pulled a last second dodge in Interception on you? Have a second chance.

It's not an allround fix but I found it worth thinking about.

It would be good if you could have people join later to extend the mission. 

Something like an SOS beacon would be a really nice change. Pop a beacon and your session turns into a joinable mini-Alert, and players that come to your aid get "paid" a portion of your mission rewards for helping. Also something like the Squad Support console from Scarlet Spear, where players outside of your session can call in care packages to help you out. Resetting all the alarms, calling in an airstrike, dropping a health tower, etc.

26 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Something like an SOS beacon would be a really nice change. Pop a beacon and your session turns into a joinable mini-Alert, and players that come to your aid get "paid" a portion of your mission rewards for helping. Also something like the Squad Support console from Scarlet Spear, where players outside of your session can call in care packages to help you out. Resetting all the alarms, calling in an airstrike, dropping a health tower, etc.

This is fantastic 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb PhiThagRaid:

I'm just surprised there are no questions relating to deciding to be host or avoid being host.

"Opt out of hosting" was part of the QoL survey and I felt it was too early to repeat it.
Here are the results for "opt out of hosting" from January:

Spoiler

eeq9IlH.png

Spoiler

Gl1LlUD.png

1 hour ago, Purzzle said:

"Opt out of hosting" was part of the QoL survey and I felt it was too early to repeat it.
Here are the results for "opt out of hosting" from January:

Reveal hidden contents

eeq9IlH.png

Reveal hidden contents

Gl1LlUD.png

Fair enough. Although, I think it would've been fine if such questions were added given their relevance to the topic and there could've been a comparison between surveys similar to what you did with excavation. 

1 minute ago, Purzzle said:

Whoops, should be fixed now.

Cool, thanks for the data.

I'm quite surprised to see how people voted on "What squad size missions are based around?" Seems way higher than I anticipated. Personally chose 1 since other than Eidolons the game does not seem to be balanced around teams. Many mission types do have some scaling when in a team, but (excluding open world bosses) the benefit you get from team mates isn't needed, but does make things easier. In my opinion if something were balanced around 2 or more player then with that amount of players the game would be at an optimal difficulty, not too easy, not too hard. Thus if you were in a squad with less members than what the game is balanced around it would be more difficult than the developers intended. This is definitely not the case, though, as (non open world boss) gameplay is solo-able with little effort.

The rest of the data seems to make sense, though.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb PhiThagRaid:

"What squad size missions are based around?"

My guess is that a lot of people kept spawn rates in mind when answering that question. Endless missions feel quite different when going solo compared to public.

Archived