Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch paused my stream and I couldn't get the umbra forma

NoMoreFAIL

I need to vent a bit. I had to put my baby daughter to sleep and left Twitch with stream on and somehow it decided to pause itself. When I got back to my PC devstream was almost at 1h so I was only able to get my progress to 40%.

This is a pretty terrible way to distribute super rare rewards like Umbra forma that we can get a total of 6-7 a year considering we can't buy them with plat or any other means other than Steel Essence.

Just now, Yamazuki said:

Dev stream already mentioned making them more common, so don't worry, eventually you'll be complaining anytime Umbra Formas are the reward as they'll be worthless eventually.

I have a feeling that at the current rate they are increasing Umbra forma availability it will be the next century before we can get them like regular forma.

9 minutes ago, NoMoreFAIL said:

I have a feeling that at the current rate they are increasing Umbra forma availability it will be the next century before we can get them like regular forma.

They don't need to be as accessible as normal formas, as there is significantly less use for them in comparison. I find that complaints they are too "rare" just come from people wanting to hoard them. A Warframe will at most need 1 Umbra forma, and only more if you're using 2-3 of the mods on top of a full mod set with high capacity costs, which the majority of Warframes don't make use of. Warframes are released slow enough that you'll eventually run out of uses for them. They aren't used on guns, and the sacrificial mods are only really used for heavy attack builds/exalted.

I would understand the appeal of these formas if they added all polarities in addition to the Umbra one, but they don't; or if they at least introduced more Umbra Mods.

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

They don't need to be as accessible as normal formas, as there is significantly less use for them in comparison. I find that complaints they are too "rare" just come from people wanting to hoard them. A Warframe will at most need 1 Umbra forma, and only more if you're using 2-3 of the mods on top of a full mod set with high capacity costs, which the majority of Warframes don't make use of. Warframes are released slow enough that you'll eventually run out of uses for them. They aren't used on guns, and the sacrificial mods are only really used for heavy attack builds/exalted.

I would understand the appeal of these formas if they added all polarities in addition to the Umbra one, but they don't; or if they at least introduced more Umbra Mods.

There's also weapons. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There's also weapons. 

8 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

They aren't used on guns, and the sacrificial mods are only really used for heavy attack builds/exalted.

For excessive use, other than an event that lets you farm hundreds of them in a short period, it won't ever be enough to satisfy people that fit this category.

13 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There's also weapons. 

Weapons can usually be min/maxed without the use of Umbra forma unlike Warframes which are over 40 at this point. That's more or less 40 Umbra forma and so far I hadn't missed a single one and had like 10 total.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Generally unless you're making a build with high capacity cost, you wouldn't be using umbral forma anyway. As it is, if you want to use more than one umbral forma (ideally the set) on health / armour frames you need a minimum of 2 umbral forma on a build to make it possible. There are a large number of health / armour frames - I've got 2 on frost and 2 on oberon but I'm still waiting on more to be able to use umbral forma on my rhino. You'd very rarely want to just use 1 umbral forma, as its more than possible to make a build where you have umbral intensify in an unformad slot, with the rest of the slots formad. This mostly consists of frames that have less health / armour such as mesa that still want the strength. 

Archived