Thanks for Watching Home Devstream #12/ Devstream #152

I have some questions. You guys made reference to mods in railjack not being depedant on the host, but how will flux and mod capacity work exactly, one gunner shoots and has 500 flux and the other gunner has 700? When an ability is used both will go down? is it possible to have negative flux capacity by being at 10 cpacity for example and then another player with less capacity using a turret?

Will flux capacity be normalized across all ships? how will reactors work? Is the change only to mods and not the ship itself?

You can see the problem right, if each player has it's own flux capacity then the total flux capacity will increase up to 4 times, everytime a player exausts a certain ability spam, the next player can take it's place.
If it's a shared capacity, how will the game manage the value considering everyone has a different starting value.

Edited by KIREEK

Realistically, it seems like the devstream is just bad news and showing they don't understand the community.  

Three of our thousands of players want melee nerfed.  Everyone else wants a gun buff.  Let's buff guns in a useless way and nerf melee!  They want more railjack?  Let's make it worse for everyone too!  Good job us!

Seriously, stop nerfing everything.  Much like life, the goal is to make everything better, not make things worse so bad things look better by comparison.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, (PSN)incompetenceyay said:

Realistically, it seems like the devstream is just bad news and showing they don't understand the community.  

Three of our thousands of players want melee nerfed.  Everyone else wants a gun buff.  Let's buff guns in a useless way and nerf melee!  They want more railjack?  Let's make it worse for everyone too!  Good job us!

Seriously, stop nerfing everything.  Much like life, the goal is to make everything better, not make things worse so bad things look better by comparison.

"10% nerfing melee, 90% buffing guns" due to guns approaching uselessness in Steel Path (when they aren't the top tier AoE or chain weaponry) despite having limited ammo meanwhile melee can be used forever.

"Listening to player feedback, and replacing horrible things with better things, and making meh things better as well, giving you refunds so that you can re-purchase with a different focus if you don't like the new direction"

These collectively sound like straight up buffs to the entire gameplay loop UNLESS you exclusively play via Melee, which isn't really how the game was intended to be played.

@DE, I do agree with the other comments about turning Attack Speed into Multi-Hits. It'd effectively do the same thing as current Attack Speed gives, except you can see the animations for the combos at their normal speed. If people actually prefer to speed up the actual animations, maybe make the first additive 50% attack speed actually speed up the animations, and all % afterwards becomes multihit?

I would also agree with some of the previous comments though, about making combo'ing between melee and primaries mandatory for maximum potential damage output annoying, as there are lots of circumstances where you don't want to be in melee range. We already have that in several ways anyways, with some of the Charger arcanes and the Vigorous Swap mod. We need some universal, self-contained changes/additions to gun-play mechanics that don't further compete with our currently preferred mods/metas, we don't need more OP mods or forced gameplay modifications in order to fix the problem.

• Like 2

I really dont see why your still trying to nerf melee whatsoever instead of buffing and addressing the viability of guns late and endgame/how they scale.

The main reason you see alot of players preferring melee is because guns currently kinda suck at high levels. The damage output becomes pitiful, and you just end up pulling out your blade. Especially on steel path.

The problem Isnt melee, its Guns. Guns need better, more well though off mods, and the ability to scale as melee does. This means rethinking and revisiting how gun damage is calculated based on enemy levels and mods to your weapon.

What worries me the most is your teams belief you need to limit attack speed mods on melee. Does this mean the 2 speed mods I use on melee, beserker and primed fury will be nerfed? Just to allow guns to complete? 

Attacks that stagger every hit need a revisit, its not like there is any gun equivalent of that, and it does sound a bit unfair. 

That being said, in the end, minus anything to melee besides extreme outlier mod combinations and weird stagger mechanics should be left alone.  I would rather have guns buffed to where I legitimately need to choose between which I find more fun, rather then hitting one with a hammer until it matches gunplay output.

Key Points: Leave melee alone, and revist and buff guns. They've needed it forever.

P.S. Thank you to the warframe team for your updates during 2020, as well as the spring roadmap. Looks like we have a fun year ahead.

Edited by CaptainBAMF
  • Like 1

Melee for me is where the fun lives in this game. Speed, too. There are already so many shooters out there; sabotaging what makes Warframe stand out can't really be a great idea in the long run.

• Like 1

Hello, I did not get the drop even though I watched the stream for more than 30 minutes and re-linked my account shortly after you announced Drops 2.0.
The Octavia noggle drops worked just fine.

I watched the stream from 2:37 until 3:09 (when it ended) but my drop-meter got stuck at 76% at some point. Is it possible that the time after 3 o'clock did not count towards the drop anymore?

Would be much appreciated if someone at DE could help me with this issue.

Hello everyone what happened to the Devstream I was waiting for the stream to begin at 8am this morning but I later found out that the time changed I was really hoping to get the Umbra forma Blueprint. Please give us more in the future dev streams please [DE]Rebecca. 

Yo .. do this for that Savagoth signature weapon.

If your hit is a headshot, instead of the reload animation a particle ( the soul or negative feelings of the target xD if his lore is going to be as edgy as him) flies back into the gun, halving or even being immediately ready to fire, without playing that animation.

To incentivize not missing shots, add that every headshot done after a successful headshot ( so after reloading quickly in such a way) has an AOE similar to the Amalgam Sniper.

Really cool, finally we get a sonicor that can actually ... work  :/

Also ... QueenPin Sonicor would be a sin NOT to do.

The Alternate Fire can either be a slow moving pulsing wave  OR a SUPER MEGA Laser that empties the entire magazine and doubles the reload time xD

Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The way she started actually built up my opinion of her, because so much of her prepared content is super stiff and cringey, but this time she went with softballs first and then built to the actual hard questions as the stream settled.

I didn't think of it that way. You have renewed my faith. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, KlutzMeister said:

C.R.A.D.L.E. : Capacitive Rail Assist Drive (and) Logistic Executor

I like it. It makes way more sense than mine. Beautiful solution! 😍

1 minute ago, kyori said:

No need to nerf melee. Just make 50% of enemies immune to melee attacks. wahaha

omg! muhuhaha! We would finally need to bring different weapons for combat strategies. :crylaugh:

4 hours ago, BionicFreak said:

I STILL haven't gotten my Octavia noggle from this weeks twitch drop. I also have not received the Umbra Forma yet, though the stream only recently ended so it might just be delayed. 

However, the Octavia Noggle was days ago and I still haven't gotten it in-game yet. I perfectly linked up and even re-linked when you guys said we needed to. I would very much appreciate a fix on this.

Same happens to me. The stream usually gone to 2am at my place so i usually left my laptop with stream on.  The past month stream i always get the item drop.  Now i dont get my octavia noggle and even forma blueprint. Like at this point, it will make people such as myself that cant watch live stream. Stop trying to take part since its useless. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb CaptainBAMF:

I really dont see why your still trying to nerf melee whatsoever instead of buffing and addressing the viability of guns late and endgame/how they scale.

Ehm.. They said 90% will be buffing guns and 10% nerfing melee and they are making, as you suggested, mods for that. I dunno what will happen with the standard mods or in what way the new ones will be designed (hopefully scaling as you said as that would make sense) but they are primarely working on buffing guns.

Lets see what the Dev Workshop will bring us after Update 30

44 minutes ago, Alejandrokek said:

Nerfing melee instead of buffing guns, classic DE

Have you watched the DevStream ? They said 90% gun buffs 10% melee nerf, that's not horrible at all imo. Yes, it will break some metas, yes it will create new ones, but that's how the game lives. Like the ad says "This war is always evolving".

I don't like the mods system replacing the avionic stuff. For me, having the ability to forma a slot with the current UI is not impossible, and the current UI is more in the Railjack theme than the UI you showed us today :/

I do love however the fact that some avionics are kinda personnal avionics (like maybe turret damage, critical chance and all that stuff), while other are Railjack (aka shared) avionics, like the hull, shields, and railjack-related stats.

4 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

I do agree with the other comments about turning Attack Speed into Multi-Hits

I don't personnaly like this idea. Let's take an hypothetical melee that has a 10sec animation before hit This system would mean that, even if I have a +1000% attack speed (or multi-hit I guess), it will always take 10sec before I deal damage. This doesn't sounds like a good idea to me :/

I'm really exited about more complicated mechanics. This could lead to interesting game modes. One of the best mechanical challenge in the game imo, and the closest to what I would like, is the Lua spy, Pavlov, but with more explantation I guess. 

Edited by fabien21920
hace 25 minutos, fabien21920 dijo:

Have you watched the DevStream ? They said 90% gun buffs 10% melee nerf, that's not horrible at all imo. Yes, it will break some metas, yes it will create new ones, but that's how the game lives. Like the ad says "This war is always evolving".

I don't like the mods system replacing the avionic stuff. For me, having the ability to forma a slot with the current UI is not impossible, and the current UI is more in the Railjack theme than the UI you showed us today :/

I do love however the fact that some avionics are kinda personnal avionics (like maybe turret damage, critical chance and all that stuff), while other are Railjack (aka shared) avionics, like the hull, shields, and railjack-related stats.

I don't personnaly like this idea. Let's take an hypothetical melee that has a 10sec animation before hit This system would mean that, even if I have a +1000% attack speed (or multi-hit I guess), it will always take 10sec before I deal damage. This doesn't sounds like a good idea to me :/

I'm really exited about more complicated mechanics. This could lead to interesting game modes. One of the best mechanical challenge in the game imo, and the closest to what I would like, is the Lua spy, Pavlov, but with more explantation I guess. 

Yeah, I know, it's just that I've seen this happen so many times...they say they're going to do that, and it's a plain lie, they always end up doing it the easier way, just nerfing things.

Take the helminth system as a recent example, "we will buff the abilities that are weak and unused" they said in a devstream previous to the update; well, turns out the grand majority of subsumable abilities are trash, and they didn't make a single buff.

One devstream each month can't be a Q/A

A proper Q/A can be done even "offline", gathering questions on social media then replying to them in a forum thread

Besides that, loads of good talk  that has loads to prove, and it's about "game feeling", so it's talking about "wait till you get your hands on it", which is totally ok, but it's not stuff for a devstream, especially if there's only 1 devstream per month

• Like 1

I'm a bit worried about the melee vs guns tweak. One of the point is due to the imbalance of damages type, forced slash on heavy attacks, or high status / slash melee are better than other weapons, nerfing condition overload / blood rush and weeping wound won't change it much.