Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

coot33

51 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

you don’t have “xyz” item and you can only get it from a specific game mode.

Isn't that what you are suggesting? Dump a large amount of essence to get people to play eidolons?

The whole point of this is to get more players, and your solution is by making them go after shines. However I feel we should instead make players want to play eidolons because they are fun.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Your reply seems to just be lacking any foresight whatsoever , that isn’t to insult but rather is the fault of your arguments .

Thanks but I'm still insulted. If you actually cared you would reword your post to be less insulting. The fact that you know its insulting only makes it more insulting.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Seems more and more apparent that this is not the case for some people. The loudest want rewards and they want to get it by AFK farming while they watch netflix. They will say they find it fun, but considering all the other things they say, it's obviously all BS.

Then they suffer from burnout and leave for a couple of weeks, I know that feeling. I just hope we do not make it worse.

44 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

You must be good then, that being your first ever Hydrolyst kill. Do you have an alternate account to do all that? I do not even see a single amp on your account.

So, yes, Operator, Necramechs, warframes, weapons your amps the whole package in hunting Eidolons vs. what? a NM with and Archgun and your Operator. Exciting.

I dunno where you're looking, I have two amps and will probably gild my 223 this week. As for being good, I'm awful at it, but all the "warframe" part of Eidelon is spending approximately 3 seconds bopping a lure on the head and then exiting your mech/operator every 30 seconds to re-banish them. Wow, such warframe. Totally more warframe action than using Hildryn between orphixes to spawn energy orbs.

15 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

I dunno where you're looking, I have two amps and will probably gild my 223 this week. As for being good, I'm awful at it, but all the "warframe" part of Eidelon is spending approximately 3 seconds bopping a lure on the head and then exiting your mech every 30 seconds to re-banish them. Wow, such warframe. Totally more warframe action than using Hildryn between oprhixes to spawn energy orbs.

Nope. nothing here. I can post it too to show you but we are already off topic.

Anyway, no use proving to me which is the better mechanic. I love how the Tridolon hunt was made, IMO they are and always be the best boss fight in this game (maybe Profit Taker too 😗). If you are convinced that it is otherwise, then that is your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Anyway, no use proving to me which is the better mechanic. I love how the Tridolon hunt was made, IMO they are and always be the best boss fight in this game (maybe Profit Taker too 😗).

I actually agree! Eidelons are a good boss fight as far as this game does (sans bugs), and I don't object to doing them a few times. If I could do a dozen tridolons and have all the arcanes I need similar to how I can do Lech Krill + Vor a dozen times and have Frost, I wouldn't take issue.

Tyl Regor is also a decent boss fight, but farming Equinox is still complete baloney. Orphix Venom is preferable for arcane farming specifically because it's a simpler mode to get into the zone of and just chill for a while with your pals, similar to how I'll do a half-hour survival just for the hell of it and some orokin cells.

Gerade eben schrieb DogsConkers:

Just a thought but Eidolon hunting may get a bit easier with primary weapon buffs coming.

The weapons aren't the tricky part of Eidolon hunting. What you need is some knowledge about warframes, amps, arcanes, mods, sentinels, your operators focus abilities, their interdependency and the gameplay itself (Eidolons, Voms, lures, tactics). And in addition you have to puzzle it together in a timegated gameplay.

Today I was really surprised that I had lesser problems with Garry (never did it successful solo before) by using Trinity|Unairu (for the first time) as I had with my DPS Volt. It was only the timegate that kept me away from my first Harry solo run.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Its universally true, people wouldnt play warframe as much if progression was removed from the game. Burnout would be far more intense than it already is, which can be proven by looking at any older version of a game compared to its newer one, even if that older version is still good like old call of duty games, players move to the newer one for updates and progression

It's not universally true. We have MR 30 players who still play for fun... I'm very soon to be MR 29. What progression do I honestly care about? Not much, I'll tell you that. But I still login and play.

Beyond just simple fun, at some point, you start to mess around and goof off. Like there's a weirdo player who did Tridolon hunts with Stug. The guy who made that video... Do you really think he's playing Eidolons for rewards or progression? I think he did those Stug runs for laughs. Rahetalius did a 10000 forma Vauban. Do you think he's playing for rewards? I made Chroma beat ESO solo with Proboscis Cernos just to see if I could do it... do you think I played ESO for rewards?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I think you missed the point about "mercury" 

Its saying that if you wanted "octavia prime" (to progress in your collection of warframes) and all you needed was 100,000 ferrite and you only had 300. Youd be playing earth or mercury sabotage as opposed to void, or an updated version of void that dropped ferrite

For the sake of progression and because youve been in the void 1,000 times. Nothing left their for you to do there

Add the ferrite to void sabotage and what do you know, you and others are playing void sabotage more.

Progression universally has that effect on people

I think you missed my point. My point is that I basically have absolutely everything the game offers and often many many times over. I am not logging in to play any mission for any reward. I am not motivated by rewards or progression at this point... because there really isn't anything left for me. But I still login and play things like Hive Sabotage and Void Sabotage... they're my absolute favorite Star Chart missions and I play them often... why don't you guess why? It's not for the rewards.

And I'm not the only one... any super experienced long time player is in my shoes. Do you think they login and play Warframe for rewards? Oh sure, some of them complain on the forum about nothing to do... But they still login and play 😉

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

It's not universally true. We have MR 30 players who still play for fun... I'm very soon to be MR 29. What progression do I honestly care about? Not much, I'll tell you that. But I still login and play.

Beyond just simple fun, at some point, you start to mess around and goof off. Like there's a weirdo player who did Tridolon hunts with Stug. The guy who made that video... Do you really think he's playing Eidolons for rewards or progression? I think he did those Stug runs for laughs. Rahetalius did a 10000 forma Vauban. Do you think he's playing for rewards? I made Chroma beat ESO solo with Proboscis Cernos just to see if I could do it... do you think I played ESO for rewards?

I think you missed my point. My point is that I basically have absolutely everything the game offers and often many many times over. I am not logging in to play any mission for any reward. I am not motivated by rewards or progression at this point... because there really isn't anything left for me. But I still login and play things like Hive Sabotage and Void Sabotage... they're my absolute favorite Star Chart missions and I play them often... why don't you guess why? It's not for the rewards.

And I'm not the only one... any super experienced long time player is in my shoes. Do you think they login and play Warframe for rewards? Oh sure, some of them complain on the forum about nothing to do... But they still login and play 😉

They log in because they love the game so much , but we also complain because of that love we want to still say we enjoy the game . I hop on and just sit around trade chat , talk to the clan , and then walk around my ship . Don’t project your ideals on others , you make it sound as if it’s okay for the game to be like that . 

Warframe is a live service game , if it wasn’t no one would have these issues because they finished and got the end of the game .

3 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

'I'm more importanter than all of you, gib me offerings peasants"

think we know the ending of the french revolution  

Please stop with the sarcastic retorts they’re not funny or progressive to the conversation at hand . 

Most of you don’t even comprehend what I wrote And want to just reply to disagree .

1 minute ago, RyAn0099 said:

Maybe allow a use to "normal" eidolon shards? Weekly onkko shop with rotating arcanes so that eidolons remain more efficient than other methods 

That actually sounds good , but it needs to be advertised. As much as it’ll be great for any current hunters future hunters won’t know this out the bat . 

3 hours ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

I agree with you but my worry isn’t for those who already eidolon but for the general playerbase not finding motivation to touch eidolons .

I know a lot of people that would start farming for good amps if they know they could get lots of essence from eidolons . Some argue that the greed is bad but people like to profit for things . The fun may not only be in eidolon but a combination of other things such as a challenge since SP eidolon hunts aren’t easy and fueling your riven fantasy.

Eidolon Hunting will always have a small amount of popularity just like Conclave - it's a part of the game that is more than W+M1 levels of difficulty. that's all there is to it. if the game doesn't basically play itself, the majority of the Community will always hate it.
is that depressing and shameful of them? i'd say so. but it's true nonetheless.

sure, having Steel Essence in more appropriate amounts as well as more of the normal Rewards, is something that should happen for Eidolon Hunting. bare minimum is 1/2/3, so that it isn't just straight worse to play the full set versus just Killing Teralysts. and even then should probably be 1/3/6, indeed.

either way Eidolon Hunting will always remain to be the best way to get Focus Points, and the only way to get Arcanes when there isn't currently an Event/Shop for them. so if people want the Arcanes during the majority of the time, they'll have to do Eidolon Hunting or buy them. it'll be their decision whether to actually go and do it or just not play.

I can understand the OP (wanting to avoid attrition of the community) , but I can't really support the approach.

The game mode already has many exclusives (shards , transmuters , articula cosmetics ) these are already more than many other mission nodes in the game. 

A better approach would be dropping the bar for entry a bit and cleaning up the anxiety raising bugs and migraine inducing visual clutter.

I don't play personally cause I got what I needed from it , and unless some new clan member really needs help, I really do not want to go through the headache.

I could support some exclusive cosmetic content like the conclave syandana that is fed shards to glow a certain way.

4 hours ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

The difficulty for entry isn’t the guns necessarily but the amount of accumulated grind . You need to go through the entirety of fortuna to get the best AMP 

That just isn't true, I was doing 5x3s no worries before Fortuna was even in the game. 177 just makes it easier is all. That was also before they made eidolons weaker.

Honestly to give incentive to farm arcanes from eidolons over the mini orphix in RJ is let us yse an eidolon shard at the shrine right off the bat. If we can choose who to murder right away eidolon hunting has a more focused farm to it but having to take down a eidolon since i imagine the orphix missions may have the while pool to draw from. 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Honestly to give incentive to farm arcanes from eidolons over the mini orphix in RJ is let us yse an eidolon shard at the shrine right off the bat. If we can choose who to murder right away eidolon hunting has a more focused farm to it but having to take down a eidolon since i imagine the orphix missions may have the while pool to draw from. 

Lol you're kiddiing right?

7 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

pls explain it because i quite don't get how part of community gated it from others. did they banned you from cetus?

A new player decides to take the bounty for doing the Tri. They go into PoE and get matched to a squad doin the mission. The squad gets the first one done and then look at the stats of the new guy, see his is new, and they either LEAVE SQUAD or go back to the gates to resquad up. Worse still is when they activate the 2nd one and then Host Migrate to leave the new guy all by themselves.

Heard about these instances and felt them as well for myself from hunters doing it. And if irs happening to many players, that is not a gane thing...that is players doing it on purpose to players. That is gatekeeping as basic as i have seen

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

They do? If so they're doing a pretty bad job at it, at least in terms of "I can taxi my clanmate who can't even pretend to care about actually contributing to the team (he hates Eidolons and is only in it for the NW points), along with two randos (one of which had never even seen Garry before), and not have any problems with gatekeeping whatsoever"

This is still gatekeeping as they are CHOOSING to assist this person since they are clan mates as if a rando joined and they decide "naw...not worth my time to help this person. I am out and gonna wait til next rotation as this person might only have a certain time to be on"

5 hours ago, nslay said:

I'm very soon to be MR 29. What progression do I honestly care about?

Funny thing here, youre trying to fight an argument about the effects of progression by not factoring in progression

Like obviously if you have nothing you want to progress in, it wont affect you.... It doesn't mean that when you have something you want to progress in that it wont affect you

Its what i mean by youre missing the point. The hungry clearly behave differently from the well fed. It makes no sense to try and say "hunger doesnt affect people" just because the well fed are chillen......

If that doesnt make sense to you lets just stop here...

Nobody adresses the elephant in the room there.

1) Eidolons is tailored for veteran player

2) It has a unique and very refined design

3) Before SP(and slightly before OV) it was a decent way getting a bit of currency and eventually keeping refining your account for decently skilled(it's not hard but there are things to understand and it is definitely more sweaty than regular content) and social people

So yes even if it was aging, there is no actual replacement in the game. Right now and in the future there is basically no incentive doing them. Maybe a tiny bit of them everyday for caping Quills lol(20 years from now ^^')

Archived