Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

I would like to manifest my discontent that is shared by most of the Eidolon hunting community, in that we once again are getting shafted in order to make a boring part of the game feel rewarding. Eidolons are the best boss of the game they fit the mechanically difficult boss fight (one of the question that was asked in the dev stream on bosses) and also requires teamwork to get good results consistently. No solo 6x3 has ever been done yet.

We would have preferred that reward for raijack be new ones instead of the arcanes. The new raijack orphix venom is much less resource intensive than eidolons, Where energy pads and cipher are a must. This means that plat from arcane were funnel directly into booster to farm for nano spore, polymer and ferrite as well as rivens to make some weapon shine. It does not appear to be time gated as well, leading to what is likely a market crash for the price of arcanes and the 5/6x3 eidolons lifestyle to no be longer sustainable.

We find this very unfortunate since, since for most eidolon hunters eidolons are the only thing keeping us playing this game, If 5/6x3 become unsustainable many skilled player will simply leave the game.

Thank you for reading our concerns.

• Like 18

I believe Eidolon Hunt rewards needed a revisit. It is clear that DE wants Orphix to be an alternative to the arcane farming. DE needs to put a new shiny behind Eidolons to keep player interested again. 

• Like 10
37 минут назад, DrivaMain сказал:

I believe Eidolon Hunt rewards needed a revisit. It is clear that DE wants Orphix to be an alternative to the arcane farming. DE needs to put a new shiny behind Eidolons to keep player interested again. 

Then why not add new rewards to the orphix venom, and leave the arcanes within the eidolons. only instead of dropping them from the eidolons, make that the capture of a teralist gives, for example, 100 points, a gantulist 200, a hydrolist 300. and then you can buy those arcanes that are needed from the quills

• Like 3

getting Arcanes in an easier way every so often is not a bad thing, and simply adding some stuff worth grinding for: unique armour sets or skins for weapons, and a token system that lets you buy things like Rivens or whatever by capturing Eidolons, with the Token reward increasing for multiple tri-caps. of course, there's the argument of rewards being subjective, but if they made stuff that was exclusive and only available to players via eidolon hunts, there'd at least be something for Eidolon Hunters to show for their time spent on the plains.

another thing I see is that the Eidolon Community are being treated the same way, and are going the same way, as the endurance community: Eidolon Hunters seem to have a bad reputation for elitism and toxicity, and the ones that complain about not being able to sell Arcanes for large amounts of plats don't particularly help matters. the same thing happened to endurance runners, as DE gradually made the shift towards "bite-sized" content like ESO. then they kept removing any reason to go for long periods of time, most recently with the Steel path changes that ended the Khora Farm meta. the number of Eidolon hunters will dwindle if they haven't started already, and eventually there will almost nobody left, same as there's almost none of the Endurance community left.

• Like 8
il y a 29 minutes, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

>Eidolon Hunters seem to have a bad reputation for elitism and toxicity,

Elitism will always come with gameplay that requires teamwork, skill and game knowledge. It is the same in every community  that require this. Be it sports like hockey or video games. But honestly in the eidolon community I have found that people are willing help, teach. share game knowledge to improve themselves and each other. It would be pretty sad to project the action of a small minority of player to the entire community. If you wanna do 5x3 and are willing to learn you have a whole community willing to teach you.

One of the most requested things is mechanically difficult fights that are rewarding. There is only one in game the eidolons. Should anymore be released they will have the same reputation.

il y a 41 minutes, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

> getting Arcanes in an easier way every so often is not a bad thing, [...] Eidolon Hunters seem to have a bad reputation for elitism and toxicity, and the ones that complain about not being able to sell Arcanes for large amounts of plats don't particularly help matters

Hunting eidolon requires resources investment in energy pads and ciphers. Meaning many resource farm and buying booster. Cutting the plat value of arcane impacts this. Unless those mechanic get changed to compensate it would make hunting detrimental. We don't do 5/6x3 like once a week we do it 1-3 a days sometimes more.

il y a 42 minutes, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

>the number of Eidolon hunters will dwindle if they haven't started already, and eventually there will almost nobody left, same as there's almost none of the Endurance community left.

This is a good thing in your opinion ? I don't want to infer things from your post. Do you not like both eidolon hunter and the endurance runner and wish we leave the game ?

• Like 3

Cheating the best hunters in the community out of their well-deserved pay is not a wise decision.

I, like other hunters, have worked diligently for a long time in the past to earn my rewards, and now I have to see that those rewards will no longer have any value worth mentioning in the future.

With one unwise decision, millions of platinum owned by players will be destroyed.

Quo vadis, Warframe?

• Like 3
vor 11 Minuten schrieb cliffghost:

Cheating the best hunters in the community out of their well-deserved pay is not a wise decision.

I, like other hunters, have worked diligently for a long time in the past to earn my rewards, and now I have to see that those rewards will no longer have any value worth mentioning in the future.

With one unwise decision, millions of platinum owned by players will be destroyed.

Quo vadis, Warframe?

Your platinum will be untouched. You're not entitled to have the value of your hoarded Arcanes preserved, and I don't have the slightest idea why you think you would be.

• Like 48

"Millions of plat will be destroyed," I'm curious by that statement. There's nothing in this game that requires so much plat, not even buying every riven you can. I'd love to know just how many people do thousands of eidolons so that they can sell plat for RMT either to randoms or friends. What other reason for doing thousands of eidolons is there really? You don't need millions of plat to buy the best new rivens with god rolls, they don't go for more than about 25K plat. 

• Like 13

People who enjoy hunting eidolons can continue to hunt eidolons to their hearts' content. People who enjoy controlling a limited market are going to have to look for a new market. I don't see the problem here. Warframe is a game, not a market.

Edited by motorfirebox
  • Like 45
4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

People who enjoy hunting eidolons can continue to hunt eidolons to their hearts' content. People who enjoy controlling a limited market are going to have to look for a new market. I don't see the problem here. Warframe is a game, not a market.

Again the only reason I see that they would stop hunting is because they do it for the rewards and not because they actually enjoy the content. Those people caring about rewards can farm the new content and anyone who's been using it to sell plat for real money deserves to be screwed imo.

• Like 15
4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Please no.

I couldn't care less about OP's sentiment, I just dont want to ever have to go back to those.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

I'm not sure you realise how strong of a reason for going ahead with their plans that is for DE. They WANT millions of platinum gone from the market. It means players will have to buy more and re-inject it into the market.

• Like 7
Gerade eben schrieb Krankbert:

Your platinum will be untouched. You're not entitled to have the value of your hoarded Arcanes preserved, and I don't have the slightest idea why you think you would be.

😆

• Like 1

As with virtually every reward that has been put in the game they get easier to obtain over time. Either through the content being nerfed, rewards added elsewhere, content becoming indirectly easier, or as usual all of the above. This has already happened to Eidolon Arcanes multiple times with SS and OV giving them out, general power creep making Eidolons incredibly easy relative to their state on release, and Necramechs making it even easier for casual players to access damage. Doing it yet again isn't going to harm Eidolons any more than they already have and will continue to be.

Even if they're given a new reward it would just follow the same pattern as everything else eventually. And swapping out rewards on Eidolons will have their own issues and is a silly thing to do just for the minority of diehard Eidolon hunters.

There is no reason to gate certain rewards specifically to Eidolons and even then unless the Arcanes get added to a non-event source they are still exclusive to Eidolons over 90% of the time.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

I don´t see what the problem is. If you enjoy hunting Eidolons, you will continue to do so. Nothing about the mechanics of the fight will be changed. Or do you mean you don`t actually like them and only did them because of what you got out of them? If so, then what is the problem? Wouldn't you be happier by getting what you want without having to do an activity you don't like to do? It's win-win.

• Like 15
4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don´t see what the problem is. If you enjoy hunting Eidolons, you will continue to do so. Nothing about the mechanics of the fight will be changed. Or do you mean you don`t actually like them and only did them because of what you got out of them? If so, then what is the problem? Wouldn't you be happier by getting what you want without having to do an activity you don't like to do? It's win-win.

What a good argument. I spent a lot of hours playing and learning how to do eidolon hunts to get nothing in return. I like doing it but dont make sense do something hard like eidolons to get arcanes if they dont return the cost of the hunts. Its like doing ESO until zone 8 and dont get any relics. If you dont like or dont know how to do eidolons just buy the arcanes. This change will make the majority off the hunters just stop playing, and its obviously not good for the game. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, lobatoelias2247 said:

What a good argument. I spent a lot of hours playing and learning how to do eidolon hunts to get nothing in return. I like doing it but dont make sense do something hard like eidolons to get arcanes if they dont return the cost of the hunts. Its like doing ESO until zone 8 and dont get any relics. If you dont like or dont know how to do eidolons just buy the arcanes. This change will make the majority off the hunters just stop playing, and its obviously not good for the game. 

Sorry mate but that just means you don't actually enjoy it that much. If you legitimately enjoy something, you keep playing it for FUN.

And once again like Coot33, is there any reason you need to make a fresh account to tell us this? 

And again, losing millions of plat from the market is actually VERY GOOD for DE.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 9
16 minutes ago, Pagasarri said:

law of retribution: grace r0 200p each

veredict of jordas: energize r0 600p each

now eidolons hunter crying :D

Difference is I did Raids cos I enjoyed them not for the rewards.

• Like 2