Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

The only thing they should do with Eidolons is improve their arcane yield to make them on par with the event. Nothing else is needed since you'd then have 2 different routes that are close to equally viable. Because isnt that really the problem eidolon hunters see with the OV mode becoming a common thing? Or is the "problem" only an excuse to ask for "me me me!" rewards that lets you feel special?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, cliffghost said:

The weapons aren't the tricky part of Eidolon hunting. What you need is some knowledge about warframes, amps, arcanes, mods, sentinels, your operators focus abilities, their interdependency and the gameplay itself (Eidolons, Voms, lures, tactics). And in addition you have to puzzle it together in a timegated gameplay.

Today I was really surprised that I had lesser problems with Garry (never did it successful solo before) by using Trinity|Unairu (for the first time) as I had with my DPS Volt. It was only the timegate that kept me away from my first Harry solo run.

Yes trinity with smite is much easier than volt. Yes, volt is the "King" of eidolons, but if you solo you're just gonna have to possibly keep replacing lures.

I use smite Trinity with Klamora Propa Plaga and Unairu wisp. I basically just get my wisp and unload klamora, the plaga brace recovers my energy in like 1.5 secs and I'm back to rapid fire. 

4 часа назад, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken сказал:

A new player decides to take the bounty for doing the Tri. They go into PoE and get matched to a squad doin the mission. The squad gets the first one done and then look at the stats of the new guy, see his is new, and they either LEAVE SQUAD or go back to the gates to resquad up. Worse still is when they activate the 2nd one and then Host Migrate to leave the new guy all by themselves.

Heard about these instances and felt them as well for myself from hunters doing it. And if irs happening to many players, that is not a gane thing...that is players doing it on purpose to players. That is gatekeeping as basic as i have seen

made about 100 captures and 100 kills of hydrolysts using public bounties and this never happened

sometimes i carried whole squad, while others had like 1-2% damage, sometimes whole squad did equal damage, and sometimes we got some guy in a squad who did all job by himself using trinity

so i think or you are lying or you greatly exaggerate

• Like 1

So with same logic we should ask new rewards for PT and exploiter orb? Considering most players just need do them for a nightwave.

But unlike eidolon hunters I don't see posts made by people who killed 10k Profit Takers asking for new stuff to capitalize on market!

Like most people said you pushed the arcane prices that far, this is the consequence, you should start think about play the actual game and forget about platinum for a long while.

• Like 5
5 минут назад, Radu10 сказал:

So with same logic we should ask new rewards for PT and exploiter orb? Considering most players just need do them for a nightwave.

But unlike eidolon hunters I don't see posts made by people who killed 10k Profit Takers asking for new stuff to capitalize on market!

Like most people said you pushed the arcane prices that far, this is the consequence, you should start think about play the actual game and forget about platinum for a long while.

are DE going to add toroids from the profit taker somewhere else?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

pls explain it because i quite don't get how part of community gated it from others. did they banned you from cetus?

Nah but it's the only content people casually can't complete even trying hard like they can unlock profit taker but have no archgun builded correctly, 0 tank frames, 0 weapons to dmg PT shields in reasonable time before they die 4 times.

A tridolon hunt requires some specific frames, (trinity for sure in a casual run), 1-2 players with a good dmg weapon so limbs can be destroyed in reasonable time, a built amp! (most still uses the mote amp), and they also have no idea how capture works, charging lures and all that stuff.

Now those players can be casuals for "choice", or maybe they started really recently, or have not much time to play the game 'cause they work.

And what's their punishment? They need pay 1k plat for a stupid arcane if they ever desire it.

DE now wants make arcanes more accessible, having new rewards for eidolons will repeat this cycle of events!

Profit Taker is good to get credits for example, but people can always do index. Same will be for eidolons now, so my suggestion to just move on is still valid.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

are DE going to add toroids from the profit taker somewhere else?

Nah but you can casually get the less version of them just killing enemies around the vallis :)

You can't get a fragment of arcane outside eidolons ;)

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Voltage said:

If you enjoyed Trials so much, you should have a bit of sympathy for a player getting the same treatment to their content. They just want something meaningful added to Eidolons so that it isn't completely undermined by a new system. It's valuable feedback, especially when DE does this regularly to older content. Kuva Floods and Kuva Survival are completely undermined by Arbitrations and the Steel Path. It would be nice if all content had niches and some rewards that can't be earned elsewhere. I don't like Eidolons myself. I did 1,000 Captures and burned out 2 years ago. They are rather boring to me. I would still be open to making them unique in rewards once their reward table is basically moved somewhere else if you finished Focus.

Ever read the poem "First they came ..."? It's kind of the same principle here.

Something meaningful and that is "tradable" ofc, otherwise they will define the new potential rewards put by DE as useless, and nobody here can deny that.

Considering the only reason people keep doing eidolons is get tradable rewards, not for fun... I am really curious if those would keep doing them if arcanes were untradable in the first place :)
I should also say I respect people doing them for focus, with half meta builds (3x3/4x3 runs), those people also have more will to carry casuals in eidolon hunts, and I love that part of community!

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, -SG-Spirik said:

I like eidolons, i dont play them regularly, but when i do i really enjoy myself.  I like it for the gameplay, not for the loot. I would still play it for the fun even if there are no worthy rewards. I would have some fun and get some arcanes (even if less than in orphix) and some focus too.

This

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

This

I am only recently getting into eidolons, but to me they are just plain fun. I like fighting giant monsters. 

Don't care whether it has exclusive rewards or not, the only reason I haven't gotten more into them faster is honestly the whole day/night thing I wish they would find some creative way to get rid of that nonsense, you can play PT for example nonstop all day.  

Far too often I have a limited time window to play due to work/chores/or a billion other adult responsibilities, and when I am ready to go play eidolons:

Tesseract, checks navigation:

PoE: Night in 59 minutes... 

:sadcry: 

happens almost every time. Feels bad man... 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if slaughtering the gigantic sentients themselves isn't reward enough, then your good old days of fun while hunting Eidolons has passed, and it's time to move on. I think the only way more people would get into Eidolons is if DE made it a bit like a Monster Hunter-lite mode where you capture/kill Eidolons and use bits of them to make stuff, which then lets you fight even stronger Eidolons. really, they kinda should have done that from the start IMO: kill Terry with standard Quill gear, then make new gear to fight Garry, then use Garry's gear to fight Harry, then Harry's gear for ropalolololololololyst. after that it's just a question of reskinning Eidolons in new colors and giving them new attacks, with a unique all-new eidolon added every so often. boom, content!

same formula could've been used for Orbs too: use whatever scraps Fortuna gives you to kill Profit-Taker, then whatever you learned from that to fight Exploiter, and then a combination of previous methods and new gear for the third Orb (which is supposedly gonna be a Trial now, or something similar).

point being: the best way to keep a Hunter interested is to keep giving them something new to Hunt. remember your first capture/kill? your first successful Tricap? it was a rush wasn't it? you felt like you really accomplished something, and the rewards were just the icing on the cake. That feeling is what Eidolon hunters, monster hunters, hunters of basically anything challenging, want: it's why you keep doing it, but it's just not the same when you're killing the same things over and over. and granted, the fun would still wear off eventually, but then a new Eidolon comes out and it's all hands on deck again!

TLDR: Eidolon hunters are chasing that high they got from their first kill/capture which they can never hope to replicate, so the next best thing would be to keep adding more Eidolons to hunt, however cheaply-reskinned they might be. hell, we could even have an Eidolon in space that we fight with our Railjack!.

I know monster hunter, which like someone said should also be a "looter" "shooter" even if the rewards aren't fun, but killing those monsters is the main engaging thing.

Love your idea!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Funny thing here, youre trying to fight an argument about the effects of progression by not factoring in progression

Like obviously if you have nothing you want to progress in, it wont affect you.... It doesn't mean that when you have something you want to progress in that it wont affect you

Its what i mean by youre missing the point. The hungry clearly behave differently from the well fed. It makes no sense to try and say "hunger doesnt affect people" just because the well fed are chillen......

If that doesnt make sense to you lets just stop here...

But he progressed 'till that point without making stupid posts about it, so maybe his experience should mean more than someone still "progressing"?

So I will say lets just stop here

46 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

PT and Exploiter are quick and reliable ways of getting Vox Solaris standing, which can be converted into Magus arcanes. You can get a max-rank Magus Lockdown (as well as many other rewards) in a week with 35 PT takedowns (without boosters). These can fairly easily be sold for decent amounts of plat. While a max-rank Energize would yield a lot more, eidolon arcanes have a lot of built-in RNG and take a lot longer to obtain.

So PT and Exploiter communities are not asking for new rewards because their current rewards are already very monetizable.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Galuf said:

Nobody adresses the elephant in the room there.

1) Eidolons is tailored for veteran player

2) It has a unique and very refined design

3) Before SP(and slightly before OV) it was a decent way getting a bit of currency and eventually keeping refining your account for decently skilled(it's not hard but there are things to understand and it is definitely more sweaty than regular content) and social people

So yes even if it was aging, there is no actual replacement in the game. Right now and in the future there is basically no incentive doing them. Maybe a tiny bit of them everyday for caping Quills lol(20 years from now ^^')

Getting more focus than daily cap is also really appreciated considering how many milions are needed in total.

It's thanks to them I finished 4/5 schools. So I'm happy I played this content for a part of my life, will still do them sometimes for "fun" or helping and teaching some new players approaching them, seeing him succeed will also be a great reward!

13 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

PT and Exploiter are quick and reliable ways of getting Vox Solaris standing, which can be converted into Magus arcanes. You can get a max-rank Magus Lockdown (as well as many other rewards) in a week with 35 PT takedowns (without boosters). These can fairly easily be sold for decent amounts of plat. While a max-rank Energize would yield a lot more, eidolon arcanes have a lot of built-in RNG and take a lot longer to obtain.

So PT and Exploiter communities are not asking for new rewards because their current rewards are already very monetizable.

But on trade chat I only see people asking 1200p for those 3 arcanes from eidolons, never saw someone selling Magus Lockdown.

Maybe PT can be monetized for [Critical Focus], but even this isn't really required anyway, unlike energy, who doesn't want more energy without use pizzas? (health/shield as well ofc)

Edited by Radu10
24 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am only recently getting into eidolons, but to me they are just plain fun. I like fighting giant monsters. 

Don't care whether it has exclusive rewards or not, the only reason I haven't gotten more into them faster is honestly the whole day/night thing I wish they would find some creative way to get rid of that nonsense, you can play PT for example nonstop all day.  

Far too often I have a limited time window to play due to work/chores/or a billion other adult responsibilities, and when I am ready to go play eidolons:

Tesseract, checks navigation:

PoE: Night in 59 minutes... 

:sadcry: 

happens almost every time. Feels bad man... 

Yes the time limit only makes them less fun imo, it could've been surely managed in a better way.
And like I said somewhere not only casuals may have issues "playing" this content, but people who have real life needs, work mostly.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yes the time limit only makes them less fun imo, it could've been surely managed in a better way.
And like I said somewhere not only casuals may have issues "playing" this content, but people who have real life needs, work mostly.

The way I would do it is use ideas from both the PT/Exploiter bounties, and the Deimos Vault Bounty unlocks. 

Basically, Teralyst maybe can still pop up randomly at night for ambiance, but apart from that, everything about the way the encounters work changes to be more accessible. 

So, instead of needing to chain summon to fight all of them, you would have bounties available all the time, not just at night, to go fight any of the three of them, and choose which one you want to go fight.

Like the Deimos stuff, you would still need to beat each one once before you unlock the next one forever. 

And when you go in on these bounties, it will be night, no matter whether it is on the world clock or not. Might slow down acquisition rate to a certain extent, due to loading times and having to load in and out anytime you want to fight one of the three kaijus, but it is made up for by the fact an eidolon hunter can now hunt as long as they want anytime of day, and target which drops they are going for by choosing their monster to fight. 

Dunno just an idea I have been knocking around, not sure if it would work or not. 

2 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

made about 100 captures and 100 kills of hydrolysts using public bounties and this never happened

sometimes i carried whole squad, while others had like 1-2% damage, sometimes whole squad did equal damage, and sometimes we got some guy in a squad who did all job by himself using trinity

so i think or you are lying or you greatly exaggerate

What is wrong with you?

Since YOU have not done this means that others experience in having this happen does not exist?

Its like all the racist things that happen daily but since YOU did not do it or experience it, its a lie or greatly blown out of proportion- EVEN WHEN ITS CAUGHT ON VIDEO. Thank goddesses that YOU are not where the game revolves around. 

Really disgusted with peeps saying this. I didnt experience this or do it so you are lying.

Damn....wish i had your priv.....but I got the REAL experience you been blind to. 

Please sit down with the others that have had perfect runs so those who HAVE had this happen can show you its not a lie

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The way I would do it is use ideas from both the PT/Exploiter bounties, and the Deimos Vault Bounty unlocks. 

Basically, Teralyst maybe can still pop up randomly at night for ambiance, but apart from that, everything about the way the encounters work changes to be more accessible. 

So, instead of needing to chain summon to fight all of them, you would have bounties available all the time, not just at night, to go fight any of the three of them, and choose which one you want to go fight.

Like the Deimos stuff, you would still need to beat each one once before you unlock the next one forever. 

And when you go in on these bounties, it will be night, no matter whether it is on the world clock or not. Might slow down acquisition rate to a certain extent, due to loading times and having to load in and out anytime you want to fight one of the three kaijus, but it is made up for by the fact an eidolon hunter can now hunt as long as they want anytime of day, and target which drops they are going for by choosing their monster to fight. 

Dunno just an idea I have been knocking around, not sure if it would work or not. 

I like the idea based on monster hunter someone said :)
A progressive run with more eidolons as well, (even in space), each you kill you get better equipment for next tiers, that could even turn into an endless mode with eidolons more stronger and better rewards for those looking at them.

Sharing ideas is always good

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

What is wrong with you?

Since YOU have not done this means that others experience in having this happen does not exist?

Its like all the racist things that happen daily but since YOU did not do it or experience it, its a lie or greatly blown out of proportion- EVEN WHEN ITS CAUGHT ON VIDEO. Thank goddesses that YOU are not where the game revolves around. 

Really disgusted with peeps saying this. I didnt experience this or do it so you are lying.

Damn....wish i had your priv.....but I got the REAL experience you been blind to. 

Please sit down with the others that have had perfect runs so those who HAVE had this happen can show you its not a lie

Yes I confirm this happened and keeps happening, I did a pubs 4 days ago, we had one guy with MR10, 2 with MR>20 said something about luck with public lobbies and quitted.

I kept playing and eventually other 2 players joined and we helped that MR10 getting his first tricap, he was happy and we all were satisfied.

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 2
Just now, Radu10 said:

I like the idea based on monster hunter someone said :)
A progressive run with more eidolons as well, (even in space), each you kill you get better equipment for next tiers, taht could even turn into an endless mode with eidolons more stronger and better rewards for those looking at them.

Sharing ideas is always good

Maybe they could have four bounties, one where you choose to just go fight one of the three eidolons by themselves (once you have unlocked it), and one endless mode like you are proposing, where you don't have to load in and out, and you can keep fighting starting the cycle over in the same instance, with them getting higher level, maybe getting some kind of sortie modifiers as they get stronger or something, and progressively better rewards as you stay longer. 

Then casuals and hardcore players have something to do, and eidolon hunters can try to see how many hours they can go and really get to enjoy it for the sake of it in a more meaningful way, while getting a nice big loot pile while they are at it. 

Then they just need to find something for people with maxed focus to do with all their friggin shards... 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Maybe they could have four bounties, one where you choose to just go fight one of the three eidolons by themselves (once you have unlocked it), and one endless mode like you are proposing, where you don't have to load in and out, and you can keep fighting starting the cycle over in the same instance, with them getting higher level, maybe getting some kind of sortie modifiers as they get stronger or something, and progressively better rewards as you stay longer. 

Then casuals and hardcore players have something to do, and eidolon hunters can try to see how many hours they can go and really get to enjoy it for the sake of it in a more meaningful way, while getting a nice big loot pile while they are at it. 

Then they just need to find something for people with maxed focus to do with all their friggin shards... 

Yeah I still believe in a focus update someday, but I am getting off-topic now.

• Like 2
Il y a 2 heures, Radu10 a dit :

Getting more focus than daily cap is also really appreciated considering how many milions are needed in total.

It's thanks to them I finished 4/5 schools. So I'm happy I played this content for a part of my life, will still do them sometimes for "fun" or helping and teaching some new players approaching them, seeing him succeed will also be a great reward!

Yes it is definitely true. However let me point out that nowaday you get way more focus passively by just doing stuff, there are thinks like did not exist back in the eidolon release that generate huge amount of affinity without having to go out of your way getting it. New players will really struggle getting meaningfull focus through Eidolon if there is not veterans with them, I will you good fun on trying to help newer players on this.

• Like 1

Weren't Arcanes originally a reward for raids? How could Orphix Venom be stealing EIdolon rewards when they are actually Raid rewards. At least Eidolon Hunts are staying in the game.

Edited by Void_Ocelot
  • Like 7