Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

coot33

3 hours ago, Radu10 said:

But on trade chat I only see people asking 1200p for those 3 arcanes from eidolons, never saw someone selling Magus Lockdown.

Maybe PT can be monetized for [Critical Focus], but even this isn't really required anyway, unlike energy, who doesn't want more energy without use pizzas? (health/shield as well ofc)

Right now on the Switch Market a rk 5 Energize seems to be selling for around 700-1000p, while a rk 5 Lockdown for 150-200p (on PC - around 800p and 120p respectively). Both have a very healthy numbers of registered sales in the last 90 days. If anything, I suspect Lockdown sales on PC might be safer because smaller transactions are less useful for laundering dirty plat.

This would make farming Toroids for Lockdown (or other similar arcanes from the same shop) at least as profitable, probably more - since toroid farming from PT/Exploiter involves zero RNG (35 PT takedowns guarantee you 210K Vox Solaris standing, not even accounting for resource boosters). Especially if you consider the fact that PT/Exploiter fights don't have the same time gating or gear checks that Tricaps do.

10 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Oh boy, more rewards locked behind eidolols

Exactly what would be locked behind it ? .  Cosmetics ? Well conclave have that , syndicates have that . The exclusive arcanes idea ? Well I clearly stated I want the stats to only apply to eidolons. 

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am only recently getting into eidolons, but to me they are just plain fun. I like fighting giant monsters. 

Don't care whether it has exclusive rewards or not, the only reason I haven't gotten more into them faster is honestly the whole day/night thing I wish they would find some creative way to get rid of that nonsense, you can play PT for example nonstop all day.  

Far too often I have a limited time window to play due to work/chores/or a billion other adult responsibilities, and when I am ready to go play eidolons:

Tesseract, checks navigation:

PoE: Night in 59 minutes... 

:sadcry: 

happens almost every time. Feels bad man... 

I think it would be great if the time limit was gone , that probably could be the only fix and it would solve plenty of issues . Then meta builds won’t be sought after as much since you’re aren’t limited to a time frame .

4 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Something meaningful and that is "tradable" ofc, otherwise they will define the new potential rewards put by DE as useless, and nobody here can deny that.

Considering the only reason people keep doing eidolons is get tradable rewards, not for fun... I am really curious if those would keep doing them if arcanes were untradable in the first place :)
I should also say I respect people doing them for focus, with half meta builds (3x3/4x3 runs), those people also have more will to carry casuals in eidolon hunts, and I love that part of community!

For me , when I want to do some good runs . I host for 5x3’s . So I expect perfection for that hunt . It’s hard to find remaining players that have the knowledge .

I’m also fair in knowing you can’t just expect new hunters to be great that’s why I host schooling at times . But my efforts are for nothing since everyone seems to never want to endure the grind.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Exactly what would be locked behind it ? .  Cosmetics ? Well conclave have that , syndicates have that . The exclusive arcanes idea ? Well I clearly stated I want the stats to only apply to eidolons.

Don't get me wrong - I'm on your side here. I completely agree that Eidolon hunts need to have much better rewards. But I don't think making more exclusives is the right way to go.

I think it would be better if they were a good source of some items/resources you can also get in other places. Make it a choice, but make Eidolons still worth the effort.

As an easy example, DE could make a Hydro capture give a decent amount of endo: make it high enough to be worth it, but comparable with the amounts you can get from other "good" sources with a similar amount of effort. That would give players a choice - and those who enjoy hunting Eidolons will choose them, while those who dislike hunting Eidolons will choose the other available methods.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb (PSN)ggh667124:

Since DE is expanding the accessibility to farming for arcanes . Which in my opinion is great for the game but it also might become the more attractive option . Eidolons should get new rewards to compensate.

Eidolons already have a really difficult requirements of entry; especially for the meta/efficient runs . You know 177/777 AMP and Void strike as well as limited frames to play a role . Which causes the community to be really small and with low growth rate . 

I think we deserve new rewards especially in the SP version . I think for the steel path the eidolons should have a guaranteed drop of essence that goes in the lines of 1 - 3 - 6 . Must be for captures too . Else it’ll be 1 - 1 - 2 . These should also be effected by boosters so for people like me on console we can basically farm 100 essence in a night from 5x3 with a booster. 

This in of itself would be adequate since that requires another layer of entry being clearing entire star chart . So this definitely is an end game . Would really help the hunters get rivens .

In addition I thought maybe we could get exclusive arcanes that would help in eidolons , for example . “Killing a vomvalyst gives 1 sniper shot with 300% cc” stackable to 5 shots . Also it goes on different arcane slot so we can still run 2 of the general arcanes . This is clearly based around the meta of Eidolons being snipers. So it shouldn’t effect the other parts of the game much aside from RJ anomaly’s .

Also  thinking of maybe DE adding 3 new ephemeras that is connected with each of the eidolons . They can have this in 2 ways : profitable or exclusive. Profitable = blueprint drops at low rate but tradable to non eidolon hunters . Exclusive would be a route of making it a milestone reward . 100 captures , 500 captures , 1,000 captures . This is totality so it’s not the hardest feat but still impressive and requires commitment. 

you can do it with tockens or reputation.
this cazy random simply has to be eliminated. in the past, someone might have motivated. but now I prefer to wait months and buy what I need after a few weeks at the latest ...

6 hours ago, Radu10 said:

But he progressed 'till that point without making stupid posts about it, so maybe his experience should mean more than someone still "progressing"?

Thats right, I 100% agree. I too agree that a person whos progressed would be the best person to talk to about the effects of progressing. They will have experienced almost every effect it could have on a person.

But hes not talking about the effects of progressing. He is talking about the effects of no longer progressing, to have finished. Progressed. To no longer be performing progression. Is that the same thing? No. 

Those 2 words have different effects on people. Just like being poor and rich effect people differently, being hungry and well fed. When you lack something you want, you work to obtain it. Yet hes trying to say im wrong because those who have everything they want and can get, arent working to obtain anything else. 

Thats not how it works! Youre essentially saying that a person whos hungry wouldnt go eat food because the well fed arent going to eat some food.

If youre not saying that, then why are you saying that progression doesnt lead people to do other things, with your reasoning being because mr29s and mr30s who are finished with progression, are people who are not being lead by progression? Like yes! Mr29s and 30s that you speak of arent hungry, theyre well fed, hunger is not leading them as they have nothing to be hungry for, when they do it leads them, a new skin they want, a new warframe.

Heck being mr29 and 30 actually proves my point as theyve clearly all have done something other than one mission they enjoy in order to progress, theyve lead by it. More than me even, a guy whos mr26 with 5k hours, still plays the game, and still has no plans to reach mr30. An mr2-5 still playing earth extermination for 2 years would aid at disproving my point. Especially if that mr5 wants to be mr30 (hes hungry). Like the mr2-5 never played another mission or been to another planet since the day he came out the cryopod, hes just been doing earth exterminate day in and day out. He wants to progress and he can, but for 2 years he is like "nope, im gonna keep playing exterminate, its too much fun".

Then it would make more sense for you to say im wrong since progression is not only being factored in by him being mr2-5 and wanting to progress, but it is overkilled by this dude ignoring it for 2 years (burnout should have got to him by now). Id tip my hat to you...

6 hours ago, Radu10 said:

So I will say lets just stop here

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Thats right, I 100% agree. I too agree that a person whos progressed would be the best person to talk to about the effects of progressing. They will have experienced almost every effect it could have on a person.

But hes not talking about the effects of progressing. He is talking about the effects of no longer progressing, to have finished. Progressed. To no longer be performing progression. Is that the same thing? No. 

Those 2 words have different effects on people. Just like being poor and rich effect people differently, being hungry and well fed. When you lack something you want, you work to obtain it. Yet hes trying to say im wrong because those who have everything they want and can get, arent working to obtain anything else. 

Thats not how it works! Youre essentially saying that a person whos hungry wouldnt go eat food because the well fed arent going to eat some food.

If youre not saying that, then why are you saying that progression doesnt lead people to do other things, with your reasoning being because mr29s and mr30s who are finished with progression, are people who are not being lead by progression? Like yes! Mr29s and 30s that you speak of arent hungry, theyre well fed, hunger is not leading them as they have nothing to be hungry for, when they do it leads them, a new skin they want, a new warframe.

Heck being mr29 and 30 actually proves my point as theyve clearly all have done something other than one mission they enjoy in order to progress, theyve lead by it. More than me even, a guy whos mr26 with 5k hours, still plays the game, and still has no plans to reach mr30. An mr2-5 still playing earth extermination for 2 years would aid at disproving my point. Especially if that mr5 wants to be mr30 (hes hungry). Like the mr2-5 never played another mission or been to another planet since the day he came out the cryopod, hes just been doing earth exterminate day in and day out. He wants to progress and he can, but for 2 years he is like "nope, im gonna keep playing exterminate, its too much fun".

Then it would make more sense for you to say im wrong since progression is not only being factored in by him being mr2-5 and wanting to progress, but it is overkilled by this dude ignoring it for 2 years (burnout should have got to him by now). Id tip my hat to you...

Agreed. 

He's saying after you done progressing, discuss for things like drops or rewards from a random mission have less to 0 value, 'cause at that point you will just play whenevr you want for "fun", no second meanings

Eidolons are the only thing in this game I haven't/can't do.     Would love to see them nerfed to hell.

I hate steel path with my entire soul but I did the 1k kills and got a few steel essense lol.   Only 70 to go for the nice ephemera.  

Now I only have that stupid Hydrolist challenge staring at me for the next 2-6 months....  

50 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

He's saying after you done progressing, discuss for things like drops or rewards from a random mission have less to 0 value, 'cause at that point you will just play whenevr you want for "fun", no second meanings

Eaxctly

after you done progressing

Progression is no longer a factor, no longer desired, you are well fed. And there is no more food

drops or rewards from a random mission have less to 0 value,

Eating lost its value, you are well fed. Ate up all the food

that point you will just play whenevr you want for "fun"

You do things other than be lead by hunger

no second meanings

None derived

My point exactly. It has nothing to do with what will happen when you have something you want and can progress towards. When there is food. The argument made previously is about there being food, there being progression. Progression being a factor, not finished or done away with

People like myself find eidolons fun, but a lot of us are not doing it right now for reasons such as progression (in warframe or other games) and burnout. Its not because the enemy isnt fun to face, the same way choosing to not hear your favorite song on repeat 1trillion times (burnout), or choosing to listen to other songs by the same artist (progression), doesnt mean that you dont think your favorite song is bad. This is universally true

3 hours ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

For me , when I want to do some good runs . I host for 5x3’s . So I expect perfection for that hunt . It’s hard to find remaining players that have the knowledge .

I’m also fair in knowing you can’t just expect new hunters to be great that’s why I host schooling at times . But my efforts are for nothing since everyone seems to never want to endure the grind.

6x3s I could understand but 5x3s can be carried by 2 players no sweat using just a 223 amp even, so I would lower the recruitment demands for a 5x3. 5x3 is a casual run for decent hunters.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Eaxctly

Progression is no longer a factor, no longer desired, you are well fed. And there is no more food

Eating lost its value, you are well fed. Ate up all the food

You do things other than be lead by hunger

None derived

My point exactly. It has nothing to do with what will happen when you have something you want and can progress towards. When there is food. The argument made previously is about there being food, there being progression. Progression being a factor, not finished or done away with

People like myself find eidolons fun, but a lot of us are not doing it right now for reasons such as progression (in warframe or other games) and burnout. Its not because the enemy isnt fun to face, the same way choosing to not hear your favorite song on repeat 1trillion times (burnout), or choosing to listen to other songs by the same artist (progression), doesnt mean that you dont think your favorite song bad.

In fact nobody or DE told you listen that song so many times, so yeah the song is still good, and doesn't need be changed to be catchy again or something if we are using this comparison.

12 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

doesn't need be changed to be catchy again or something if we are using this comparison.

No but if you want people to listen to the song more, saying theyll get access to more songs by the artist (more warframes from DE) or from a different artist (something new you like in another game) can get people to listen to it more.

Since it doesnt do that but playing a different song (an assassination mission) does get you more songs (more warframes), the effects of progression lead you away from the eidolons. If the eidolons dropped warframes too, the effects of progression are no longer leading you away

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

No but if you want people to listen to the song more, saying theyll get access to more songs by the artist (more warframes from DE) or from a different artist (something new you like in another game) can get people to listen to it more.

Since it doesnt do that but playing an assassination mission does get you more songs (more warframes), the effects of progression lead you away from the eidolons. If the eidolons dropped warframes too, the effects of progression are no longer leading you away

But then every boring (boring 'cause overplayed) mission will need and deserve the same treatment.

We are still dealing with railjack bugs, when those "fixes" will be released if DE ever decides dealing with each "annoying" 'cause overplayed mission?

25 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

But then every boring (boring 'cause overplayed) mission, will need and deserve the same treatment

Are you saying thats a bad thing?

Last time i checked, normalizing things by letting them play and share with the whole game like adding railjack & necramechs to normal missions, expanding their reward pool as the game progresses, giving them graphic updates etc is more healthy than leaving these modes out to just collect dust... to just be released and forgotten

On 2021-02-26 at 7:37 PM, Jarriaga said:

I don´t see what the problem is. If you enjoy hunting Eidolons, you will continue to do so. Nothing about the mechanics of the fight will be changed. Or do you mean you don`t actually like them and only did them because of what you got out of them? If so, then what is the problem? Wouldn't you be happier by getting what you want without having to do an activity you don't like to do? It's win-win.

I honestly don't know how this thread keeps going when this was already posted.  *chef's kiss*

i like when players say "you are not doing hunts for fun, you are doing hunts for rewards" Probly the most empty and generic answer you can find in this forum.  Its for the fun and its also for the rewards, want kill exploiter orb. Add another boss dropping the same ammount of credits and make it easier, you will see how pepega is that answer.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Are you saying thats a bad thing?

Last time i checked, normalizing things by letting them play and share with the whole game like adding railjack & necramechs to normal missions, expanding their reward pool as the game progresses, giving them graphic updates etc is more healthy than leaving these modes out to just collect dust... to just be released and forgotten

Yes 'cause I want to add 2 things

First I am MR17, playing the game for almost 6 years, and like those "hungry" hunters I got all arcanes max rank, and almost done with focus 4/5 shools done. And guess what I will still do eidolons whenever I feel do them, just to play the game, not because I want get new exclusive and most importantly "tradable" rewards to capitalize on.

Getting hungry for new stuff is totally right, but being hungry and wanting a specific thing for an old content instead accepting how it actually is and enjoyed the time spent on it is not ok for a lot of people here.

Casuals would love eidolons if more elitists would host "school" runs, and be fine with 1/2 hunts at night. But guess why this didn't happened and who needs be blamed if not many people even considers this mode "fun", when actually it is and they just need try it!

2 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

i like when players say "you are not doing hunts for fun, you are doing hunts for rewards" Probly the most empty and generic answer you can find in this forum.  Its for the fun and its also for the rewards, want kill exploiter orb. Add another boss dropping the same ammount of credits and make it easier, you will see how pepega is that answer.

I would be fine, another boss to fight and get used to, more variety in-game.

Also both sides provided generic and empty answers, starting from OP, comparing to people who actually suggested some tweaks to make eidolons more interesting without need add new rewards to capitalize on.

21 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yes

Well then you are in the minority. Explore the forums, most if not every player in the game has something they would hate to be ignored and forgotten due to something else offering far more.

It can be a ranging from old warframes falling behind to new things like railjack thats never caught up. Its not okay to forget your content

54 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

We are still dealing with railjack bugs, when those "fixes" will be released if DE ever decides dealing with each "annoying" 'cause overplayed mission?

I didnt respond to this

No i do not think DE should drop everything and start working on eidolons. My comment was only about what people consider fun.

I think DE should continue working on railjack for the same problem eidolons face. When their done work on the next most popular thing your players hunger for more of

Essentially they should go in order of popularity. Addressing the minority here and there doesnt hurt though. Its nice showing players you care about everybody instead of just 51%+ of it.

21 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Casuals would love eidolons if more elitists would host "school"

See now youre just supporting using progression to lead vets

Im out

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

See now youre just supporting using progression to lead vets

Im out

You are out, but this is true!

Speaking of priority what about raids, and all the ones who loved doing them, rearrange the priority list you just made!

People here want make eidolons more meaningful to do, but how many here asked casual players, people with no much time to play their "experience" in this game mode?

In this case their experience would matter a lot more than MR30's.

I asked them what they think of this mode, most of them told me a lot of randoms left as soon as they saw them, some even insulting them asking why they want do eidolons at that point.

So DE also needs be blamed 'cause maybe the access to eidolons should be more restricted, so everyone comes prepared enough to not be rejected by every egoistic platinum makers this game is full of.

31 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

I would be fine, another boss to fight and get used to, more variety in-game.

Also both sides provided generic and empty answers, starting from OP, comparing to people who actually suggested some tweaks to make eidolons more interesting without need add new rewards to capitalize on.

Im not against having variety ingame, im agaisnt making the content ultra easy, because people are lazy to farm.

The same example its for railjack, rewards are very good, but people dont want farm mods, railjack parts, get ready to do fast runs for railjack, and again rewards are good.

talking  about eidolon hunts in steel path, yes rewards are super bad, and this is why nobody does in steel path. 

Do you actually understeand eidolon hunts have clans, and his own active community its actually the only content in the game where actually people get fun, and also you not feel its a waste of time because rewards are good and the content its core in warframe.

Hey! you dont like eidolons? do you feel its repetitive? you not like the fight? its totally fine! for example in my case to farm 10 energize (maxed in old arcanes mechanic) was something 300 hydrolist cap.  Do you want farm arcanes, make it the same time as eidolons.

And yes you are against that because in your opinion maxed energize should be farmed in hours like SS event.

PD: I have 1500 hydrolist cap, And i have months without hunts. And honestly and like a lot of people in warframe think, eidolon hunts are the best part of warframe even if DE is trying to nerf so hard almost saying "hey stop doing this, we want you playing the other content in the game!".

In my opinion its time to have new operator, new schools, new arcanes.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Well then you are in the minority. Explore the forums, most if not every player in the game has something they would hate to be ignored and forgotten due to something else offering far more

Who said OV raijack will provide more arcanes than eidolons in less time, stop panicking and stop caring about marketing!

This only shows what you trying defend here. 

You don't care about eidolons being forgotten

Archived