Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

coot33

Il y a 1 heure, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

@coot33 why did you need a fresh account to tell us this? 

It's my only account I'm not a old veteran I have been playing for less than a year. I was just not active on the forum since I had no reason to be.

Edit : I do them for fun. As I have explained in my post the plat form arcane exist to make hunts sustainable. Booster for farming and rivens for memes weapons so we dont keep using rubico forever. You can spend 100-150 energy pads a run in duo 6x3. Without counting ciphers.

13 minutes ago, coot33 said:

It's my only account I'm not a old veteran I have been playing for less than a year. I was just not active on the forum since I had no reason to be.

Edit : I do them for fun. As I have explained in my post the plat form arcane exist to make hunts sustainable. Booster for farming and rivens for memes weapons so we dont keep using rubico forever. You can spend 100-150 energy pads a run in duo 6x3. Without counting ciphers.

As a former hunter doing casual 5x3s I absolutely understand the resource investmemt although I don't consider them as difficult as many hunters will have people believe, my internet wasn't good enough to go for 6x3(door loading times). But I didn't consider them fun so I stopped once I had what I wanted from them. And I am certain not all players use their plat for meme rivens just as I'm also sure you know that. Simply put though, if I considered the content fun I'd be doing it despite the rewards being diminished, I have everything in the game already, I don't need anything else.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sorry mate but that just means you don't actually enjoy it that much. If you legitimately enjoy something, you keep playing it for FUN.

And once again like Coot33, is there any reason you need to make a fresh account to tell us this? 

And again, losing millions of plat from the market is actually VERY GOOD for DE.

What is your logic man? Why i would waste my time doing something that rewards nothing for me in a game that requires hours of grinding. Like i said, would be like doing ESO without getting relics. Even enjoying the eidolon hunts, doing them to get almost nothing is just not worth it. 

And my account is fresh because i dont use the foruns, i didnt create a new account

2 minutes ago, lobatoelias2247 said:

What is your logic man? Why i would waste my time doing something that rewards nothing for me in a game that requires hours of grinding. Like i said, would be like doing ESO without getting relics. Even enjoying the eidolon hunts, doing them to get almost nothing is just not worth it. 

And my account is fresh because i dont use the foruns, i didnt create a new account

My logic is that IT IS A GAME and people play them for fun, not to be rewarded, you should try it some time. If it's not worth it in your mind then you don't actually enjoy it that much. I would happily play Raids over and over for no reward because I enjoyed the gameplay. This seems to be a foreign concept to you.

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Eidolon Hunters seem to have a bad reputation for elitism and toxicity, and the ones that complain about not being able to sell Arcanes for large amounts of plats don't particularly help matters. the same thing happened to endurance runners, as DE gradually made the shift towards "bite-sized" content like ESO. then they kept removing any reason to go for long periods of time, most recently with the Steel path changes that ended the Khora Farm meta. the number of Eidolon hunters will dwindle if they haven't started already, and eventually there will almost nobody left, same as there's almost none of the Endurance community left.

1. People say that, but just about all of the toxicity in this game I encounter is outside of Eidolons.  The fight itself is extremely harsh by design.  If you just drop into a 5x3 hunt only vaguely knowing what Eidolons are or something, YOU are the one being rude to your squad.  You should expect some unkind words in return for unkind behavior. What would make you so special that you get to be rude and others don't, even in response to your bad behavior? Maybe this is where it's coming from?  I just went one step at a time, never taking on much more than I knew (from experience) that I could do.  Always with a sense that it's important that I'm pulling my own weight in the squad.  And I've found it to be an incredibly kind, friendly, and helpful, and fun community.  Far better than anything else I've encountered in any other corner of Warframe.
  2. So DE has a history of disregarding what their community wants, and making their game less interesting and engaging, and just greasing the wheels of the demise of their communities?  Doesn't that sound like terribly incompetent game design and community management?  Seems to me like it's fair to voice disagreement and concerns here.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Again the only reason I see that they would stop hunting is because they do it for the rewards and not because they actually enjoy the content. Those people caring about rewards can farm the new content and anyone who's been using it to sell plat for real money deserves to be screwed imo.

Why do you assume we are greedy?  As go the rewards, so go the Tenno.  It's such an extremely grindy game, that it's the way Warframe is.  So when they make Eidolons WAY less rewarding than Orphix Venom, nobody new gets into Eidolons, everybody does the extremely boring OV garbage, complain that Warframe is just a trivially easy boring grindfest, get burnt out, and stop playing the game.  And of course SOME Eidolon hunters will quit at some rate per year no matter what.  With no new hunters getting into it, it gets harder and harder to find squads, until it more or less just isn't a thing anybody does.

I don't want my community to die with a whimper like that.  I don't want my friends quitting the game en masse because DE has made it clear they don't care about us.  I want a developer that actually gives a damn about the actual communities that play their game.  That is NOT too much to ask, and NOT me being greedy.  But I have more plat than I know what to do with and am not going anywhere so long as it's possible to find a squad.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

By that statement the rewards are no longer worth anything to you so why would you stop playing them?

What are you talking about?  I specifically said I wasn't going anywhere.  Why are you projecting things onto me that aren't true of me?

4 minutes ago, eboomer said:

What are you talking about?  I specifically said I wasn't going anywhere.  Why are you projecting things onto me that aren't true of me?

No not at all, I'm asking why you said that if the rewards aren't worth it, players won't play the content if you already don't value the rewards and are still keen to play it.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No not at all, I'm asking why you said that if the rewards aren't worth it, players won't play the content if you already don't value the rewards and are still keen to play it.

But that's not what you actually asked me.  SMH

I probably wouldn't have gotten into Eidolons in the first place if I didn't consider them to be highly rewarding at the time.  As I already explained, the issue is that new players will follow the reward structure, so if Eidolons aren't that rewarding we won't get new hunters and it will die with a whimper (and I've been seeing that happen for years now).  Is there a specific part of that which you don't understand?

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I think it's great there's an alternative for the arcanes not everyone has the time to wait for the night cycle and finding a group can be annoying as alot of people ask ridiculous requirements just to join them like 100+ hydro caps which pretty much screws new players trying to learn cause of the gatekeeping. 

Good to have an alternative.  I agree.  What I disagree with is Orphix being far more rewarding for your time spent than Eidolons.  As almost always with this game, they really suck at balancing things.

10 minutes ago, eboomer said:

But that's not what you actually asked me.  SMH

I probably wouldn't have gotten into Eidolons in the first place if I didn't consider them to be highly rewarding at the time.  As I already explained, the issue is that new players will follow the reward structure, so if Eidolons aren't that rewarding we won't get new hunters and it will die with a whimper (and I've been seeing that happen for years now).  Is there a specific part of that which you don't understand?

I too have seen it happen for years eg Raids but what I do know is that if content is genuinely fun to play, people will play it. If people are just playing for the rewards and nothing that's kinda their loss really. I played Raids up until they were removed despite it not giving any decent sort of rewards.

1 minute ago, eboomer said:

As almost always with this game, they really suck at balancing things.

This however I agree with whole heartedly but for me the bigger issue is that they simply fail to make new content actually fun. So as you previously stated, only players who want rewards want to play it. IF the content was simply fun to play, perhaps players wouldn't care so much about rewards.

Good to have an alternative.  I agree.  What I disagree with is Orphix being far more rewarding for your time spent than Eidolons.  As almost always with this game, they really suck at balancing things.

I feel like making eidolon shards useful for something could help, i got buckets of the things and there very little use for them aside focus but that for the radiant  and brilliant shards, base shards are useless can't even sell them for credits

eidolon hunts are not self sustainable in plat values for years. before ss even come it's already was about 100 plat per 6x3 average, complete joke in terms of plat/time among any plat farm in game and in terms of difficulty/plat neither.

nowadays value is 50p average at best.

so like all hunters tears are late.

eidolon hunts abandoned content full of bugs hanging years and there's nothing gonna happen about that.

you guys are CoNcLaVe pve edition, except a bit more players willing to try this dull buggy grindfest.

amount of 1k hc players was about 300 people at end of 2019, today sure it's way more, but remaining active 5/6x3'ers quantity won't reach even 200 people.

such amount of players doesn't worth to look and listen at. you don't exist ^^

also need to say de listen only few people and consider their feedback valued, just look at upcoming melee nerf caused by few trash ytbers, or look at old self damage nerf caused just by 1 trash ytber at all.

so to summ: its not worth for way longer than many of "hunters" play their hunts. you are extreme minority, rest players want easier access to those rewards, wanna change something, well, you are not considered as feedback source because you are not shy or leyzar or any other incompetent player-content creator.

shoo.

Thank you for demonstrating that the true toxicity in this game comes from the general player base of Warframe and not from actual communities like ours <3

Anyone in any given community, or sub-community, can be toxic.

Either way, I don't see why it matters that arcanes lost value. Just about everything in this game gets to a point they're low in plat value. Something easy to get like drift mods at one point was free plat income, but they're worthless due Nightwave. Veiled Rivens of some weapon types sold for a fair amount anytime you got them, but now they're barely worth anything due to alerts etc. Completed Rivens so far are the only relevant item that DE hasn't gone out of their way to devalue plat wise. No one really cared any other time, so why are arcanes a special case? If you didn't complain about DE devaluing other activities, don't expect people to do so for you.

6 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

People who enjoy hunting eidolons can continue to hunt eidolons to their hearts' content. People who enjoy controlling a limited market are going to have to look for a new market. I don't see the problem here. Warframe is a game, not a market.

No, they work hard/diligently for their rewards, not for fun. Read the responses man!

Paradoxically it's being called the "best boss" in the game while somehow being considered hard work for the rewards. IMO, the Eidolon hunters have actually subjected themselves to the absolute worst boss in the game and that they actually did work very hard for those rewards... and not actually for fun (I mean, IMO it's really not fun). Hence, this is mostly why they are complaining about the rewards being easier and a lot less unfun* to acquire in some kind of Railjack mode.

* to say "more fun" would imply Railjack is fun... which IMO, it is not. Though maybe it will be in the new update!

Also there are people who like markets in games more than the games themselves. I've seen this in Diablo 3 Auction House where a lot of early D3 players spent more time looking at Auction House than playing D3. Not surprisingly, we have players in Warframe that really love trading... probably some like it more than playing Warframe itself. I don't agree with this style, but I respect it.

Personally I find it fun to get items in Warframe. The game has sort of conditioned you to enjoy that.
However sometimes the activities that are required to get some items, are just not fun in my subjective opinion.
Like Eidolons and Arcanes for example. I absolutely hate Eidolons (and Profit-Taker for that matter)
to the point I would rather miss out on arcanes.
That doesn't mean I want the Arcanes "for free", just that I supremely hate Eidolons and would rather do another game activity
to obtain Arcanes.
I suspect there are a lot of people who actually hate Eidolons but were willing to put up with it to get arcanes.

Just another Universal Medallion Conclave fiasco in the works.

I prefer having multiple methods for accomplishing the same goal. The injected variety is definitely needed at this point to prevent the grind from becoming even more contrived. Enough gatekeeping, no one is forcing you to give up Eidolon hunting &  no one will force you to hop into a Railjack to grind Orphix. There's a clear intention to keep Arcanes closely tied to the Sentients, this is just another expansion upon that idea.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Just another Universal Medallion Conclave fiasco in the works.

I prefer having multiple methods for accomplishing the same goal. The injected variety is definitely needed at this point to prevent the grind from becoming even more contrived. Enough gatekeeping, no one is forcing you to give up Eidolon hunting &  no one will force you to hop into a Railjack to grind Orphix. There's a clear intention to keep Arcanes closely tied to the Sentients, this is just another expansion upon that idea.

Agreed. I don't understand the mentality of "getting X sucked for me personally, therefore it must suck for everyone else"

2 minutes ago, Nok-Rntha said:

Agreed. I don't understand the mentality of "getting X sucked for me personally, therefore it must suck for everyone else"

I'm currently still stuck at rank 1 of Vox Solaris and have had people tell me that exact same thing about systems farming and it makes me blindingly furious every time it happens.

If you gave me the power to change any one farm in Warframe it would be Systems farming, I'd kill it dead in the street and put its head on a pike.

Archived