Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.


Recommended Posts

Arcanes from Orphix Venom, oh boy. Why can't I be excited about it?

I like Necramechs a lot, in the Open World setting. The last test event was not only a rough experience, being squeezed and stumbling inside claustrophobic hallways, it was also laboriously repetitive.

Exchanging the Eidolon mechanics which is far superior than being locked into using the operator and Mechs only to farm Arcanes is just sad. I wonder how many OV do we need to kill to get one? Will it be available for exchange in another shop or a rotating RNG drop? I wonder.

Anyway, Scarlet Spear was already a precedent, so why not. DE sure is running out of ideas to entice players to participate. Must it really be another Arcane farm? I just hope they work on the movement and collision physics of Necramechs thoroughly this time because that will be a lot of playing time grinding only to be harassed by it.

The market obviously is not on DE's priority list. OP should just accept it. Arcanes prices will surely be affected. But players will have to weigh in too if doing OV ad infinitum willl be enjoyable and worth the effort. Keep on having fun hunting Eidolons. It is it is too early to panic if not entirely nonsensical to be flustered by someone stealing your rewards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Exchanging the Eidolon mechanics which is far superior than being locked into using the operator and Mechs only to farm Arcanes is just sad. I wonder how many OV do we need to kill to get one? Will it be available for exchange in another shop or a rotating RNG drop? I wonder.

It is not going to instead of eidolons, it is going to be AS WELL as eidolons.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Third , i personally dont like eidolons cause they are quite literally migraine inducing , when i got my last waybound unlocked i never touched it , there were multiple reasons for it ,

  1. The time dependency - you can only hunt at night, those of us with jobs may not always be playing at the right time.
  2. The expectation of meta - if you arent using meta gear other players will not want to pair with you, you might pair up with like minded players once in a while , but there are very few of those - the game mode seems to attract a very specific type of player which i dont enjoy being around.
  3. The literal light show of blinding headaches - i am not sure who thought it was a good idea to have extremely bright colorful lights flashing in dark areas, i am absolutely certain someone must have gotten a seizure while playing it,
  4. Bugs - i am told that the bugs are more manageable now , but if you spend nearly an hour doing something only for it to not progress further it tends to piss people off.

So for these reasons anything that reduces the exclusiveness of Eidolon hunting is welcome change in my opinion.

Exactly this, I think Night coincides once maybe twice a week with my game time due to RL, secondly, I do one session of Night, which I now have to do for Nightwave (which I dont mind as i still need shards to unlock my last waybounds) but after ive completed a single Night session with the eidolons i have to actually turn the game off as it kills my eyes (ive had eye surgery for corrective vision so I get halos in my eyes from bright lights).

The amount of missions i instant quit because theres some idiot with super bright colours on their weapons or frames I've lost count. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, coot33 said:

If DE just keeps playing whack a mole with every small community of player. Everyone will be gone. Is this what this game is about just turn everyone against each other till we all just stop playing ?

I manifest the problems we have to get in front of the change and address our potential death of our community and you are asking for some sorts of 40 pages economic thesis. We don't know the drop rate, the time gate if any and how the farm will be comparable to the event and eidolon. We know its was boring and trivial event and the goal is to get people to play raijack.

If you literally think this way, why would you even play their game in the first place?

You are literally creating a conspiracy theory now that DE is making these changes to eliminate it's own customer base? If you really think this, why would you play the game made by such people? Your post here is full on 'doom and gloom' over a change in a video game. Take a breath, it's just a game.

The only goal is for player the have fun. No game like this please all of the players, all of the time.

If you are having fun, play the game, if not, go find one one you like.

Your 'social justice war' against changes in a GaaS game that changes all the time is silly from my POV.

You literally sound like you are trying to 'parent' DE, as if you have some magical knowledge they don't.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It is not going to instead of eidolons, it is going to be AS WELL as eidolons.

I know that.

If OV becomes another glorified RJ taxi to capital ship like the SS we had before, it will be the default Arcane farm while Eidolons will be reduced to your "AS WELL" option. But who cares? as long you enjoy what you are doing.

DE really has to sell this two scenario though by improving Necramechs physics in a confined space and do more additional tilesets other than the lone capital ship shown in the last devstream.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since DE is expanding the accessibility to farming for arcanes . Which in my opinion is great for the game but it also might become the more attractive option . Eidolons should get new rewards to compensate.
 

Eidolons already have a really difficult requirements of entry; especially for the meta/efficient runs . You know 177/777 AMP and Void strike as well as limited frames to play a role . Which causes the community to be really small and with low growth rate . 
 

I think we deserve new rewards especially in the SP version . I think for the steel path the eidolons should have a guaranteed drop of essence that goes in the lines of 1 - 3 - 6 . Must be for captures too . Else it’ll be 1 - 1 - 2 . These should also be effected by boosters so for people like me on console we can basically farm 100 essence in a night from 5x3 with a booster. 
 
This in of itself would be adequate since that requires another layer of entry being clearing entire star chart . So this definitely is an end game . Would really help the hunters get rivens .

In addition I thought maybe we could get exclusive arcanes that would help in eidolons , for example . “Killing a vomvalyst gives 1 sniper shot with 300% cc” stackable to 5 shots . Also it goes on different arcane slot so we can still run 2 of the general arcanes . This is clearly based around the meta of Eidolons being snipers. So it shouldn’t effect the other parts of the game much aside from RJ anomaly’s .

Also  thinking of maybe DE adding 3 new ephemeras that is connected with each of the eidolons . They can have this in 2 ways : profitable or exclusive. Profitable = blueprint drops at low rate but tradable to non eidolon hunters . Exclusive would be a route of making it a milestone reward . 100 captures , 500 captures , 1,000 captures . This is totality so it’s not the hardest feat but still impressive and requires commitment. 

 

Edited by (PSN)ggh667124
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a post of this on the general discussion so I’ll keep this short .

DE should make eidolon drops in SP have guaranteed essence . 
Captures : 1 - 3 - 6

kills : 1 - 1 - 2 

For their respective eidolons , also should be effected by boosters meaning 5x3 would payout 100 essence a night .

Another reward is eidolon exclusive arcanes that mainly helps for eidolon hunts. An example I have is : killing a vomvalyst gives a sniper shot 300% cc , stacks 5x. This clearly would mainly effect hunts and not the main game as much apart from maybe anomaly’s . Also these arcanes shouldn’t consume a general arcane slot .

My last reward idea can be given in 2 ways which either is acceptable . 3 ephemeras . The first way it could be implemented is for allowing profit from it , by the 3 ephemeras blueprints dropping with the respective eidolons. They should have the same drop rate as the ship decorations , and be tradable. 
The other option is just making the Ephemeras exclusive to eidolons through milestones : 100captures , 500 captures , 1,000 captures . This is totality not just hydrolyst . So this could be done with 1,000 terralyst but either way it’s an above average feat that requires commitment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I always love these discussions when group A tries to argue how they deserve more and better stuff than the rest of the community.

I think you’re missing my point , I’m arguing that eidolons should have incentives to be farmed and played still since the ways to obtain arcanes would be expanded . 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are only doing eidolons for exclusive rewards, then I think there is a bigger problem here. 

Content shouldn't be so inaccessible only a tiny handful of players do it, and then gatekeep the rewards, and expect compensation when those rewards are finally spread out. 

You should be arguing for eidolons to be more accessible, not for more shiny new toys for your exclusive club. What you are asking for would only exacerbate the very kind of problem DE is trying to solve by spreading out acquisition for the Eidolon arcanes, more rare rewards gatekeeped behind content almost no players are actually running. 

And even those running it claim it is "fun" yet also claim, in the same breath, their fun will be instantly ruined if their rewards are no longer exclusive. 

So which is it? 

If I don't enjoy the gameplay in a Warframe mission on its own, not for some reward, I don't play those missions. The reward should be a bonus, good gameplay should be rewarding in itself. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 32
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)ggh667124:

I think you’re missing my point , I’m arguing that eidolons should have incentives to be farmed and played still since the ways to obtain arcanes would be expanded . 

I absolutely got your point, this is the reason why you want more and better stuff. And why exactly? You can still farm arcanes and you will still get plat for them, just that an arcane essence will never cost 1500p again, which is good for the game.

Eidolon community could dictate the prices of arcanes, they got greedy and wanted 1500p. DE saw that and said, no, this is not what we want. All that happened is your own fault.

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

I think you’re missing my point , I’m arguing that eidolons should have incentives to be farmed and played still since the ways to obtain arcanes would be expanded . 

If you need to argue this, it sounds like Eidolons aren't actually fun and that sane players wouldn't play it beyond Nightwave or Quills standing.

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

If you are only doing eidolons for exclusive rewards, then I think there is a bigger problem here. 

Content shouldn't be so inaccessible only a tiny handful of players do it, and then gatekeep the rewards, and expect compensation when those rewards are finally spread out. 

You should be arguing for eidolons to be more accessible, not for more shiny new toys for YOUR exclusive club. What you are asking for would only exacerbate the very kind of problem DE is trying to solve by spreading out acquisition for the Eidolon arcanes, more rare rewards gatekeeped behind content almost no players are actually running. 

And even those running it claim it is "fun" yet also claim, in the same breath, their fun will be instantly ruined if their rewards are no longer exclusive. 

So which is it? 

Well I didn’t claim any of that so please don’t project others ideals on me .

The point I’m trying to make is eventually there will be no reason to do Eidolons . They’re fun but it’s hard enough to get a group going for a decent run . 
 

I left out the accessible  part because DE seems to struggle on that aspect . For instance , the new player experience still has no noticeable change that explains the game 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nslay said:

If you need to argue this, it sounds like Eidolons aren't actually fun and that sane players wouldn't play it beyond Nightwave or Quills standing.

Or maybe no one wants to play months on end for an arcane set . So wouldn’t you agree there should be more rewards that is for short term grinds .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I absolutely got your point, this is the reason why you want more and better stuff. And why exactly? You can still farm arcanes and you will still get plat for them, just that an arcane essence will never cost 1500p again, which is good for the game.

Eidolon community could dictate the prices of arcanes, they got greedy and wanted 1500p. DE saw that and said, no, this is not what we want. All that happened is your own fault.

Nothing is better , eidolon hunting is hard on SP so 5x3 would require a lot of skill and knowledge. It’s just rewarding those who goes for a challenge . I said exclusive arcanes that only effect eidolons so it will be no bother to the rest of the player base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Well I didn’t claim any of that so please don’t project others ideals on me .

The point I’m trying to make is eventually there will be no reason to do Eidolons . They’re fun but it’s hard enough to get a group going for a decent run . 
 

I left out the accessible  part because DE seems to struggle on that aspect . For instance , the new player experience still has no noticeable change that explains the game 

That is what you are asking for though, even if not in those words. Anyways, 

There is still reason to do eidolons, just not for people only doing them to make gobs of plat overcharging for arcane energize:

Get focus, for those who haven't maxed out everything and been hunting for years

Get arcanes in a way that doesn't make me personally want to gouge my eyes out (Orphix Venom, a tedious, awful gamemode I don't enjoy)

Rank up in the Quills

And to be honest that's enough. 

It doesn't need to have some extra super incentive to get endgame plat traders super rich. 

It's one of the open world syndicates for the first ever, nooby planet, earth. 

It's not designed to be something you spend all day on, every day making gobs of plat. It's meant for players to max out the syndicate on earth, get the stuff they need from it, and then move on the other planets. 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Since DE is expanding the accessibility to farming for arcanes . Which in my opinion is great for the game but it also might become the more attractive option . Eidolons should get new rewards to compensate.
 

Eidolons already have a really difficult requirements of entry; especially for the meta/efficient runs . You know 177/777 AMP and Void strike as well as limited frames to play a role . Which causes the community to be really small and with low growth rate . 
 

I think we deserve new rewards especially in the SP version . I think for the steel path the eidolons should have a guaranteed drop of essence that goes in the lines of 1 - 3 - 6 . Must be for captures too . Else it’ll be 1 - 1 - 2 . These should also be effected by boosters so for people like me on console we can basically farm 100 essence in a night from 5x3 with a booster. 
 
This in of itself would be adequate since that requires another layer of entry being clearing entire star chart . So this definitely is an end game . Would really help the hunters get rivens .

In addition I thought maybe we could get exclusive arcanes that would help in eidolons , for example . “Killing a vomvalyst gives 1 sniper shot with 300% cc” stackable to 5 shots . Also it goes on different arcane slot so we can still run 2 of the general arcanes . This is clearly based around the meta of Eidolons being snipers. So it shouldn’t effect the other parts of the game much aside from RJ anomaly’s .

Also  thinking of maybe DE adding 3 new ephemeras that is connected with each of the eidolons . They can have this in 2 ways : profitable or exclusive. Profitable = blueprint drops at low rate but tradable to non eidolon hunters . Exclusive would be a route of making it a milestone reward . 100 captures , 500 captures , 1,000 captures . This is totality so it’s not the hardest feat but still impressive and requires commitment. 

 

With helminth thing there is no more requirements to use certain warframes. I can solo using my atlas with roar + mausolon....no knockback anymore.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

That is what you are asking for though, even if not in those words. Anyways, 

There is still reason to do eidolons, just not for people only doing them to make gobs of plat overcharging for arcane energize:

Get focus, for those who haven't maxed out everything and been hunting for years

Get arcanes in a way that doesn't make me personally want to gouge my eyes out (Orphix Venom, a tedious, awful gamemode I don't enjoy)

Rank up in the Quills

And to be honest that's enough. 

It doesn't need to have some extra super incentive to get endgame plat traders super rich. 

It's one of the open world syndicates for the first ever, nooby planet, earth. 

It's not designed to be something you spend all day on, every day making gobs of plat. It's meant for players to max out the syndicate on earth, get the stuff they need from it, and then move on the other planets. 

You say that now , but they literally are adding Orphix to railjack on a timed event . I really don’t see how any of this is bad at all . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But Eidolon hunting DOES have an exclusive reward: focus farming. Every tricap is 65,000 focus, and it's focus that does NOT count against your daily cap. And with a little team comp even average hunters can get two, three, sometimes four tricaps in a single night

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vaml77 said:

With helminth thing there is no more requirements to use certain warframes. I can solo using my atlas with roar + mausolon....no knockback anymore.

No group would allow that , this isn’t about solo . In that line I directly said meta/efficient 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 минут назад, Dunkelheit сказал:

I always love these discussions when group A tries to argue how they deserve more and better stuff than the rest of the community.

everyone can access this rewards. if you refuse to do eidolons then it is only your fault

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TARINunit9 said:

But Eidolon hunting DOES have an exclusive reward: focus farming. Every tricap is 65,000 focus, and with a little team comp even average hunters can get two, three, sometimes four tricaps in a single night

That isn’t exclusive , most of the playerbase farm focus through lenses

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Merrcenary said:

everyone can access this rewards. if you refuse to do eidolons then it is only your fault

Exactly, I think he didn’t read what I wrote at all or doesn’t know the fact that arcanes are being moved to railjack through the Orphix venom 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb TARINunit9:

But Eidolon hunting DOES have an exclusive reward: focus farming. Every tricap is 65,000 focus, and it's focus that does NOT count against your daily cap. And with a little team comp even average hunters can get two, three, sometimes four tricaps in a single night

Dont forget riven transmuters.

 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)ggh667124:

That isn’t exclusive , most of the playerbase farm focus through lenses

The exclusive things are not being affected by daily standing cap and the waybound nodes unlock.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Or maybe no one wants to play months on end for an arcane set . So wouldn’t you agree there should be more rewards that is for short term grinds .

Well... I often play Void Sabotage and Hive Sabotage because I enjoy them... even though I have everything they offer. I think rewards could be improved for these missions, but I still like them.

I think if Eidolons were a bit more accessible (e.g. no more dumb time gating) and a bit less annoying in some aspects (e.g. bugs like downed Eidolon inexplicably performing devastating attacks), I think I could enjoy Eidolons more. But they're often not available when I randomly check Cetus (day time) and they're very annoying to fight.

I gotta be honest here... even before Scarlet Spear, I was not liking Eidolons so much that there would be no way I would put myself through that for complete sets of Arcanes. I maxed Quills, made my Paracesis and I never looked back.

I think Eidolons should be made more appealing and fun and then these reward issues will largely go away.

EDIT: I mean, just look QoL for Isolation Vaults... now you can pick the Tier of the vault you start with. I would be more likely to do Hydrolyst nightwave if I could just start with Hydrolyst. And they removed time gating for Vaults too... time gating needs to go. Nobody likes the novelty of time gates on Earth, Plains of Eidolon and Eidolon hunting. Same with weather in Orb Vallis... this stuff is laaaaaammmmeeeee...

 

Edited by nslay
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...