Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealing Eidolon hunter rewards.

coot33

Here is the thing- Eido are a job in this game...not by the games choice but by the community that has grabbed it and gate it from others being able to attempt it as a part if the game. This makes it that those who find it profitable and fun as long as done by their guidelines, quite loud when the Arcanes are in the New War chapters while at the same time not very accepting of others that want to learn cuz it slows down the bizznezz.

To up the rewards for these players....is not how rewards should go. They want to gatekeep the Eido, enjoy the pool in there. They want more rewards, be more open to others and expand the ways to do it. Give more to get more but that messes up efficiently doing that aspect of the game so only serious hunters allowed.

There should be some incentive to doing them on SP...but more Essence is not it. Give something worthy of SP and these that go for the challenge. What that could be, ihave nay an idea as i dont play for the reward or challenge.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Dont forget riven transmuters.

It seems like DE has.  They should have more drop sources.  I can run a tridolon, but I hate it, and it's never night when I finally muster the energy to do it.  If arcanes are being spread out (as they should), then riven transmuters deserve another source too.

Только что, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken сказал:

Here is the thing- Eido are a job in this game...not by the games choice but by the community that has grabbed it and gate it from others being able to attempt it as a part if the game.

pls explain it because i quite don't get how part of community gated it from others. did they banned you from cetus?

7 minutes ago, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

No group would allow that , this isn’t about solo . In that line I directly said meta/efficient 

You claim you aren't a gatekeeper and then say this. 

You agree with a guy claiming anyone can just do eidolons, but you say this. 

Do you FREAKING hear yourself? 

This is why people call it gatekeeping. Because unless you are solo, the only established hunting groups pretty much expect you to be maxed to the nines AND have tons of caps already. 

It's absolutely ridiculous and you sound incredibly silly. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

Here is the thing- Eido are a job in this game...not by the games choice but by the community that has grabbed it and gate it from others being able to attempt it as a part if the game. This makes it that those who find it profitable and fun as long as done by their guidelines, quite loud when the Arcanes are in the New War chapters while at the same time not very accepting of others that want to learn cuz it slows down the bizznezz.

To up the rewards for these players....is not how rewards should go. They want to gatekeep the Eido, enjoy the pool in there. They want more rewards, be more open to others and expand the ways to do it. Give more to get more but that messes up efficiently doing that aspect of the game so only serious hunters allowed.

There should be some incentive to doing them on SP...but more Essence is not it. Give something worthy of SP and these that go for the challenge. What that could be, ihave nay an idea as i dont play for the reward or challenge.

I still can’t see exactly what is wrong with the incentive to do SP eidolon being essence . SP eidolon isn’t easy , I should probably say these changes shouldn’t only be eidolons but orb fights also . 

The fact that this is remotely controversial considering everything that will happen in these new updates is mind boggling.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

They do? If so they're doing a pretty bad job at it, at least in terms of "I can taxi my clanmate who can't even pretend to care about actually contributing to the team (he hates Eidolons and is only in it for the NW points), along with two randos (one of which had never even seen Garry before), and not have any problems with gatekeeping whatsoever"

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You claim you aren't a gatekeeper and then say this. 

You agree with a guy claiming anyone can just do eidolons, but you say this. 

Do you FREAKING hear yourself? 

This is why people call it gatekeeping. Because unless you are solo, the only established hunting groups pretty much expect you to be maxed to the nines AND have tons of caps already. 

It's absolutely ridiculous and you sound incredibly silly. 

Umm I didn’t say I did that personally did I? If it running with people I know I would do it because I know how far their knowledge of the hunts go . I hosted many Eidolon schooling so I have merit to gatekeep which I don’t but sure.

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Dont forget riven transmuters.

The exclusive things are not being affected by daily standing cap and the waybound nodes unlock.

I have many riven transmuters and only used them 2 times to clear space . No one actually uses them cause they suck

Just now, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

Umm I didn’t say I did that personally did I? If it running with people I know I would do it because I know how far their knowledge of the hunts go . I hosted many Eidolon schooling so I have merit to gatekeep which I don’t but sure.

Well you said "no group" so I would assume that would be groups you run with too, if you aren't like that sorry for assuming. 

My point is, if Eidolon groups are at such a point, where like you said, no group will allow that kind of slightly more casual play, then we have a serious problem. These people pretty much are gatekeeping, as in, plenty of players can handle stuff like eidolons solo, but some people just aren't solo players, they want to do groups, not just for difficulty, but for fun and just how they do things. 

If eidolon groups are locking out casuals who want to learn or just do 3-4 caps a night maybe, then non-solo players are soft-locked or "gatekeeped" from the content, and can only get stuff like the arcanes from buying them with plat. 

Eidolon farmers can go farm plat elsewhere if Eidolons aren't worth the return anymore. After all that is literally the only reason those who're into farming them enough to be part of a community around the activity and are worried about rewards. If it isn't for the plat farm then the arcanes can be more easily gotten from other sources when they're here and those who just enjoy Eidolons shouldn't require a new reward to continue to enjoy them.

But regardless just as all other rewards in the game have gone if they did add anything new to Eidolons they'll just get added elsewhere eventually. 

Eidolons killed Trials, and now something is killing Eidolons. I don't see compensation coming as undermining previous content is staple to the development cycle of the game. You can try to speak up, but just like Trials, it just gets forgotten and people let go and forget about it.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well you said "no group" so I would assume that would be groups you run with too, if you aren't like that sorry for assuming. 

My point is, if Eidolon groups are at such a point, where like you said, no group will allow that kind of slightly more casual play, then we have a serious problem. These people pretty much are gatekeeping, as in, plenty of players can handle stuff like eidolons solo, but some people just aren't solo players, they want to do groups, not just for difficulty, but for fun and just how they do things. 

If eidolon groups are locking out casuals who want to learn or just do 3-4 caps a night maybe, then non-solo players are soft-locked or "gatekeeped" from the content, and can only get stuff like the arcanes from buying them with plat. 

I don’t think the community is the issue , the game only gives us so much option to make runs that are effective . I deem effective on console as 3x3+ . Economy is about profit right ? We all do our parts for gain .

Well then what’s to say those greedy players won’t just migrate to the soon to be Orphix change . The issue you’re arguing is bigger than my post as it’s just the issue of the games balance . 

I just want to make it still appealing to do eidolons past the superficial aspect of just arcanes , after the greed players is gone the eidolon playerbade will fall.

I literally ask many people in my alliance to try eidolons since I always struggle to find people , I have no issue teaching but I need to know that’s what I’m doing when I go in a run. Many players lie about their experience and knowledge, when I’m open about helping since then I can invite them for other runs . 

6 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I know that.

If OV becomes another glorified RJ taxi to capital ship like the SS we had before, it will be the default Arcane farm while Eidolons will be reduced to your "AS WELL" option. But who cares? as long you enjoy what you are doing.

DE really has to sell this two scenario though by improving Necramechs physics in a confined space and do more additional tilesets other than the lone capital ship shown in the last devstream.

Ugh scarlet spear was horrible I agree. Meh, the eidolon hunters who apparently love the content will still be able to do said content and yeh Orphix is a bit boring but as you said it's an extra option. This whole thread however is just the hunters complaining they're going to be losing plat and it's all a bit silly really.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Eidolons killed Trials, and now something is killing Eidolons. I don't see compensation coming as undermining previous content is staple to the development cycle of the game. You can try to speak up, but just like Trials, it just gets forgotten and people let go and forget about it.

That’s exactly what I’m trying to prevent . It’s a swansong at best , from all the replies people seem discontent. But I tried to make my points only effect the people that eidolon, I literally want the exclusive arcanes to only have effects during eidolon hunts and no where else in the game . 

31 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I absolutely got your point, this is the reason why you want more and better stuff. And why exactly? You can still farm arcanes and you will still get plat for them, just that an arcane essence will never cost 1500p again, which is good for the game.

Eidolon community could dictate the prices of arcanes, they got greedy and wanted 1500p. DE saw that and said, no, this is not what we want. All that happened is your own fault.

I really don't understand this angle. Do Fissure runners dictate the price of vaulted Prime Warframes? It's a player driven market. Energize was 6000 Platinum when Trials were a thing, because they were a rare reward and not everyone was geared to coordinate these missions and get this end-game arsenal enhancement. Now they have been added to Eidolons, Scarlet Spear, and Orphix Venom and the price dropped considerably due to availability. I would argue that this has nothing to do with greed and is just purely due to acquisition being easier (supply vs. demand). Your angle is specifically demeaning towards OP.

The real elephant in the room is how broken the gear progression is now that only Riven Mods remain an end-game arsenal enhancement. Everyone now has access to a relatively quick and/or cheap avenue for Arcanes (mainly Energize, Aegis, Guardian, and Grace), and this really hurts the game as it further trivializes the energy economy and power level across the board. Energize was balanced by the fact barely anyone had full sets on their Warframes, but now DE needs to consider balancing for 4 Rank 5 Energize sets in squads. This is probably one of the reasons why Orphix Venom just straight up disabled 99% of your Arsenal, and we will see more and more Warframe content that doesn't allow you to use the majority of your gear.

Handing everything out for less effort doesn't suddenly make the game in a better or healthier state. Just my 2 cents.

Oh god another thread about this. How about NO? How about you accept that your content will still be there as an option for arcanes and you can still play it regardless. You'll make less plat now, boohoo. At least you still get to play your beloved content unlike the ones like me who enjoyed Raids and played them for the fun of them not the rewards. So continue to enjoy your content but you don't deserve anything extra for them, you're just upset that you're losing your exclusivity that's all.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh god another thread about this. How about NO? How about you accept that your content will still be there as an option for arcanes and you can still play it regardless. You'll make less plat now, boohoo. At least you still get to play your beloved content unlike the ones like me who enjoyed Raids and played them for the fun of them not the rewards. So continue to enjoy your content but you don't deserve anything extra for them, you're just upset that you're losing your exclusivity that's all.

You didn’t read the post at all . I literally support that arcanes will be more accessible .

Just now, (PSN)ggh667124 said:

You didn’t read the post at all . I literally support that arcanes will be more accessible .

And yet you expect more rewards. Your  comment is actually that you want more things for your time and resource investment. Don't we all? Doesn't mean you deserve it. What you actually want is exclusive arcanes and Steel essence on top of the arcane rewards you're already getting. Let me tell you how that ends up. Those new exclusive arcanes just mean you still have something to sell for a high price to any new players that want to get into eidolon hunting. Hence why I say Hell NO.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If you enjoyed Trials so much, you should have a bit of sympathy for a player getting the same treatment to their content. They just want something meaningful added to Eidolons so that it isn't completely undermined by a new system. It's valuable feedback, especially when DE does this regularly to older content. Kuva Floods and Kuva Survival are completely undermined by Arbitrations and the Steel Path. It would be nice if all content had niches and some rewards that can't be earned elsewhere. I don't like Eidolons myself. I did 1,000 Captures and burned out 2 years ago. They are rather boring to me. I would still be open to making them unique in rewards once their reward table is basically moved somewhere else if you finished Focus.

Ever read the poem "First they came ..."? It's kind of the same principle here.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

And yet you expect more rewards. Your  comment is actually that you want more things for your time and resource investment. Don't we all? Doesn't mean you deserve it. What you actually want is exclusive arcanes and Steel essence on top of the arcane rewards you're already getting. Let me tell you how that ends up. Those new exclusive arcanes just mean you still have something to sell for a high price to any new players that want to get into eidolon hunting. Hence why I say Hell NO.

If you read it and comprehended I said the arcanes should only have effects that apply to hunts . They would literally be useless anywhere else in the game . So what is the issue ? , also Steel path eidolons isn’t easy either . 

I don’t want just more rewards I want to let eidolons have an appeal , since DE are moving Orphix to railjack . Which that only spells out an easier grind , therefore the already limited hunters in recruitment would just keep going down . I simply don’t like solo eidolon hunts.

Simplest thing DE can do to make Eidolons worthwhile again is make Rivens Transmuters tradeable. 

OP, the warframe community as a whole has a “bitter taste” against any “endgame” warframe community. Endurance runners, Raiders, and Eidolon hunters falls on this category. They only see the bad sides and stereotypes them. “Oh this group demand 200 captures so they must be full of elitists”. You are probably not gonna get good replies here.

26 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Then why you bother even joining those groups? There a lot of people hosting casual Eidolon hunts in recruit chat. 

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you enjoyed Trials so much, you should have a bit of sympathy for a player getting the same treatment to their content. They just want something meaningful added to Eidolons so that it isn't completely undermined by a new system. It's valuable feedback, especially when DE does this regularly to older content. Kuva Floods and Kuva Survival are completely undermined by Arbitrations and the Steel Path. It would be nice if all content had niches and some rewards that can't be earned elsewhere.

You’re the most understanding person in this thread . 

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

If you enjoyed Trials so much, you should have a bit of sympathy for a player getting the same treatment to their content. They just want something meaningful added to Eidolons so that it isn't completely undermined by a new system. It's valuable feedback, especially when DE does this regularly to older content. Kuva Floods and Kuva Survival are completely undermined by Arbitrations and the Steel Path. It would be nice if all content had niches and some rewards that can't be earned elsewhere.

Eidolons aren't being deleted though. The part I'm not on board with is new exclusive arcanes for it. That's just asking for exclusivity and something to sell at a high price. That's a no from me. Steel essence? Ok that doesn't hurt anything besides some extra kuva. Exclusive arcanes however...

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Same treatment? Did DE announce the removal of eidolon hunts?

I was talking in the aspect of moving rewards. DE treated Trial Arcanes (now Eidolon Arcanes) the same way they treat Kuva and other rewards across the game. Just look at Tusk Thumpers. They completely undermine the fishing and mining system in the Plains of Eidolon, something some of us (like me) spent many hours doing to craft Arcanes. Now you can kill an enemy in under 60 seconds and be showered in resources.

Archived