Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ropalolyst fight unplayable

(XBOX)S2 Marcus374

I’ve been attempting to solo the steel path ropalolyst fight 3 times now and I’m unable to do so because the “ropa” will not fly near enough for me to properly shoot at it with my amp, which it prolongs this to the point where my game times out and forces me to fail. Every. Single. Time. No one on Xbox does steel path and I want to complete that one mission but if the enemy isn’t able to be killed because it stays out of range for so long and causes the game to force a fail then what’s the point of having that mission or broken boss fight?

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)S2 Marcus374 said:

I’m using the 2/2/3 build. But it sits so far away from the platform, shooting its laser blast that I can’t do anything 

well, you did choose like, tied for the shortest Range Amp in the game(and also a low Damage Prism, but that's a different matter). and now you see the repercussions of choosing that.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

well, you did choose like, tied for the shortest Range Amp in the game(and also a low Damage Prism, but that's a different matter). and now you see the repercussions of choosing that.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

But sitting distance wise from the charge coil as the main platform isn’t helping anything. Range on any amp isn’t going to hit it.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)S2 Marcus374 said:

But sitting distance wise from the charge coil as the main platform isn’t helping anything. Range on any amp isn’t going to hit it.

You can shoot its Shields away while on the main platform. You have to deal with the death-laser, of course, but its doable. Then you go to the Capacitor thingies afterwards.

I did it like that when I fought it with short-range Amps.

Big warning though!!!!!!!

I did the Ropy in Steel Path several times, and there's a hidden timer. If you bring a low-damage Amp, the time it takes you to chew through the Ropy's shields you could wind up wasting half an hour or more, only to be told you have one minute remaining to finish the mission.

That happened to me a couple of times, and it really sucked.

So really, if you have to solo it, get yerself a powerful Amp. 😉

2 hours ago, (XBOX)S2 Marcus374 said:

Range on any amp isn’t going to hit it.

an Amp with good Range can hit the entire room at once. shrug.
it'd be nice if Amp Parts were better balanced between each other, but it is what it is.

33 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

there's a hidden timer.

all Missions have one, FWIW - 15 Minutes of not Killing an Enemy starts a 60 second countdown to Extract or auto-fail.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

all Missions have one, FWIW - 15 Minutes of not Killing an Enemy starts a 60 second countdown to Extract or auto-fail.

The Ropalolyst timer is different.

I recorded some of the runs, and there didn't seem to be any pattern as to when it kicked in. It'd been less than 15 mins since I killed the last mook but by differing times, different total mission times, different times since I popped the last Synovia...

I honestly couldn't figure out from the videos what the trigger for the timer was.

11 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

The Ropalolyst timer is different.

I recorded some of the runs, and there didn't seem to be any pattern as to when it kicked in. It'd been less than 15 mins since I killed the last mook but by differing times, different total mission times, different times since I popped the last Synovia...

I honestly couldn't figure out from the videos what the trigger for the timer was.

mkay, maybe just spaghetti or arbitrary restrictions. what else is new in Warframe, eh? heh.

Archived