Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL: instead of leaving players logging into their orbiters, could you work it out so we all log into relays?

b3rzz

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

yea id go for the option, since some people have issues loading relays

you were forced out of this in content islands, the experience is way different if you are running a SSD

tbh im really asking an illusion to be made here, it will not change the fact that gameplay is 4 players, but at least will make it sell more fashion frame =/

@Uhkretor or maybe stop smoking entirely, most of ur message was completely irrelevant.

while yes the idea doens't sound that appealing with current issues regarding relay/dojo (such as not updating a lot of things while there, like weapon XP), it sure sounds like a cool idea.

though if relays and dojo were just a bit more relevant (and perhaps had remote access to foundary and would update accounts) then the option would be a really good thing to have.

Could you perhaps explain how the game will choose which relay to spawn you in? Since higher relays have to be unlocked in the chart before you can even visit them. All platforms don't even have Strata Relay so that is out as a unified spawn. Also, instances can only hold 50 players, how much lag from players will the game be able to cope with in trying to put you in an instance that doesn't already have 50 players? You would still have to go back to your orbiter if you want to use the foundry or change anything with your operator. Overall, this is a crummy idea.

its a needed hub, 30 or 50 players, doesn't matter, the current format makes you feel like you are playing a single player game, not a multi.  

you can start the game being introduced to the orbiter but after a certain lore point, be logged in the relay. since accessing the orbiter is a personal experience, you could simply add an animation/sound towards transportation/teleportation whatever you want, since the smaller individual instance could be loaded player-side along the relay with no bigger issues. (others players would not be loaded or access without invitation anyway, you would just stop seeing players around you as you phase out to your individual instance. multiple games already do that)

some aspects can be accessed from menus and terminals just like it already works and do you really need to go back into something that has construction timers of 12-24h on average?

...wait have you never changed gear in other spaces like cetus or in the dojo? both systems work outside the orbiter. what are you smoking?

anyway, they could not decide if the lore has 2 or 3 tenno or a legion or how much a hub with more players breaks their original concept/story but, since now we even have fantasy wings, a little overpopulation can be easily accepted and we can use relays to at least make the game feel more populated instead of empty decorated spaces. 

18 minutes ago, b3rzz said:

...wait have you never changed gear in other spaces like cetus or in the dojo? both systems work outside the orbiter. what are you smoking?

As person above said, Foundry doesn't work. Making old pets (Kavats and Kubrow) won't work as well. Helminth probably too. For early players every "installing segment X" have to be in orbiter.

18 minutes ago, b3rzz said:

anyway, they could not decide if the lore has 2 or 3 tenno or a legion or how much a hub with more players breaks their original concept/story but, since now we even have fantasy wings, a little overpopulation can be easily accepted and we can use relays to at least make the game feel more populated instead of empty decorated spaces. 

You know what makes game more lively? More people to talk. Seeing in relays tons of people that walk without saying a word doesn't make relays more "populated".

I don't really care what most people look. If I want to see given person I would just ask for a [look].

Going directly to a relay would be an extra step for me (since I'd immediately return to my orbiter; I basically only go to relays to see Baro and turn in syndicate pickups), but I see no problem with an option in settings to pick your "landing page," so to speak. 

Archived