"Proper" capital ship fights with procedural generation?

Capital ship fights could be really fun if they were implemented as giant mobile enemies with distinct weak points and deadly weapons (as opposed to how Grineer galleons are currently implemented as static indestructible terrain) and several ways to destroy them (like how crewships can be weakened with conventional fire then finished off with artillery, or we can board them).

Furthermore, I feel enemies the size of a capital ship would benefit greatly from being built with a degree of procedural generation. The bigger an enemy is, the more effect its physical structure has on how it must be fought, so good structural variety would help give capital ship missions plenty of replayability!

I'm hoping that some of the technology used to generate levels can be used to generate capital ships in a similar way, substituting connected rooms for connected ship segments.

Edited by ImWithDerp
  • Like 5

As much as I want capital ship battles, I think we both know that this would just become missile platform 2.0; people parking the ship right in front of it and then wondering why their ship blew up.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

As much as I want capital ship battles, I think we both know that this would just become missile platform 2.0; people parking the ship right in front of it and then wondering why their ship blew up.

You cannot plan for morons. Semi-random enemy capital ships would be an interesting addition to Railjack.

• Like 2

You could have them fly on a rail (HA!) around the map.

But more weapons on them aside from "Missiel Launch Detected" would be great... also greater range, those things have what? 1Km range?

• Like 1
On 2021-02-28 at 3:00 PM, o0Despair0o said:

i mean they already are , there are capital ships already and they act just like the missile platform only they have a ship captain, we could make it so that some have to for example shut down outside defenses before the Tenno can get in and fight captain and some of those defenses could require Railjack weapons to finish just like whit Crew Ships.(although allowing for missiles to be used instead incase we run out of the Nuke Lasers. or place enough resource in the map to recharge the nuke laser )

personally i think a Railjack version of Formorian battle would be Cool.

• Like 2