Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion for Octavia Prime

Vlaun

Overall, I must say I quite like Octavia Prime's look. There's a lot of small details that catch my eye. The various motifs to different instruments throughout her design especially: like the obvious violin from head to toe even with bows as shins. Also the carbon microphone earloops, the xylophone ribcages, the trumpet valves, harp string visor, and plenty more that I'm probably missing. Some subtle details too like rivets on her thighs and the geometric pattern in her reflective material that when it hits the light in just the right way you'll notice them. Fantastic if I must say.

However, to get to the point: I do find that there is one thing that feels a bit off and that is the area between her thighs and her bulky leg attachment, circled in the example below. Specifically, there's a gap between the attachment and her thigh that kinda looks odd, empty, and leaves the attachment looking like it's floating in place. It looks a bit like something took a bite from her thigh. I suppose this is leftover from how her original's leg attachment attached to the leg. My feedback here is that perhaps there should be a bit more bulk added within the gap so that her thighs don't look so frail/odd and so that the attachment doesn't look like it's just floating there. Or, to follow the design already in place, perhaps place a glowy wire that follows the contours of where her thigh already go but abruptly end. Have it follow along the back of the leg attachment.

Something kinda like this, if you excuse my shoddy example:
IYYE3fa.jpg

Basically, I think perhaps some sort of detail or some mass should be placed in this spot because it looks odd and the contours of her thighs are off because of it. It's a subtle thing, admittedly.

Archived