Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee, yay or nay?

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Question

So I’ve noticed today that all of my inventory has been mastered, great. Means it is time to go on another crafting spree and freshen up my gameplay. So i’m crafting the Fulmin, Zakti, and the Dragon Nikana. Thoughts on this weapon selection? 

Now finally I’m looking into my next frame, i’m currently crafting Loki though I’ve had my eye on Banshee. She seems like a neat frame but I hear she very niche and useless 80% of the time. I also hear her “stealth” abilities are pretty weak compared to other frames. Pros and Cons/personal thoughts of Banshee? I’m not sure if I should craft her or leave her for MR fodder later on.

11 answers to this question

She isn’t a stealth frame, her passive makes all guns silent. 

She is one of the few frames left without damage reduction powers. and even comparing frames without them using damage reduction, she is one of the squishiest frames. She has one of the best damage multiplier abilities. 

So you will be helping the team kill enemies much faster, but you will also be down if an enemy looks at you. Only play if you want to play very aggressively and never take your eyes off of the action. 

She has a lot of damage potential, but she can't tank many hits. Her powers are highly reliant on the augments and knowing which play style you want to use. I've never heard of stealth for Banshee, her Passive is silenced weapons.

• 1st augment grants 70% armor stripping. Good for everything.
  • 2nd ability (with or without augment) makes killing enemies easier. Good for spamming melee or precision shooting.
  • 3rd augment with negative range lets you proc lots of finisher kills. Good for solo play.
  • 4th augment is great area damage. Without the augment she is vulnerable to ranged attacks.

Parts of her kit work together, some don't. You need to move with skill and determine ahead of time how you will play her.

@Gibsonx Excellent synopsis! I agree with you.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I heard her damage multiplier has the highest damage potential in the entire game, referring to wiki and the way it works. So would you say she’s a squishy “buff” frame?

One of best, the best whatever. 

I would say her use is long survival with a frame on team that can give DR, like safeguard nezha or gara. 

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

She has a lot of damage potential, but she can't tank many hits. Her powers are highly reliant on the augments and knowing which play style you want to use. I've never heard of stealth for Banshee, her Passive is silenced weapons.

• 1st augment grants 70% armor stripping. Good for everything.
  • 2nd ability (with or without augment) makes killing enemies easier. Good for spamming melee or precision shooting.
  • 3rd augment with negative range lets you proc lots of finisher kills. Good for solo play.
  • 4th augment is great area damage. Without the augment she is vulnerable to ranged attacks.

Parts of her kit work together, some don't. You need to move with skill and determine ahead of time how you will play her.

@Gibsonx Excellent synopsis! I agree with you.

Ah, okay, well I think i’ll go ahead and try her out. She sounds fun for a more in-your-face playstyle. Thank you both

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Pros and Cons/personal thoughts of Banshee?

With a high Range 100% Armor shred build, my Banshee does pretty well against Steel Path Grineer, FWIW.

I also slapped Pull on her (replacing Silence) so she can yoink & yeet with reckless abandon :D

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Just used Banshee and Redeemer to pass the MR 19 test, which is a stealth test. She made Redeemer's shots silent and I just pew pew the guards. 

I'll keep her in case there's another stealth test she might be useful for.

Are you fr?? It took me a good three tries for the MR9 test, now i'm hearing the MR19 test is the same thing 😭

Archived