Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Will a central view ever be available?

Hi everybody, it's been a long time that I'd like to get on "Warframe", only here's a detail that I can't manage to stay on it, yes I've already tried an approach to the game, but because of this camera called TPS, if I'm not mistaken, This camera has always unsettled me in games that use it, even when trying to move the camera as far back as possible, it doesn't work, there is always this unpleasant effect of the camera on the side, for the fighting phases, it's not really practical and can sometimes be unsettling.

So, I would like to know, will there be an option of this kind one day, allowing you to play properly with the type of camera of your choice? I don't think this is harmful for anyone, because whoever is used to playing with such and such a view, this one should not be bothered by the view of the other, it's just a matter of camera and visuals.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just waiting for that to be able to spend more time on Warframe, of which I've heard a lot of good things and I often see great news about the game, I would like to add, that, I'm far from being the only one to find this current camera system unpleasant, as I've already seen a lot of discussions on the subject (on various forums) and many people don't play Warframe simply because of this detail, so allowing such an option would (I think) be (I think) more "beneficial" than "bad" for the game.  

I hope to get a little feedback from the devs on this point, or at least from the person in charge of answering this ;)

Cordially, a potential player ! :p

• Like 3

I'd hope for this as well. Would go a long way toward removing the "Frame gets in front of the camera" issues.

7 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If you mean a first person camera view then don't hold your breath. Don't think DE will ever add that to the game.

Pretty sure he means a third person camera that is centred on the player model, ala Lost Planet. Forgive the Ant resolution:

Lost-Planet-pc-download-300x180.png

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 5
vor 8 Stunden schrieb BZHNewbie:

I'm far from being the only one to find this current camera system unpleasant, as I've already seen a lot of discussions on the subject (on various forums) and many people don't play Warframe simply because of this detail

Can you link one?

• Like 1

Being able to customize somewhat freely the camera ? Yes, yes, yes and yes everyday !

Solely the option to center it ? I mean if it makes some happy I won't fight it, but such an overwhelming meh imho.

What I would be extatic to have would be the ability to push the camera MORE to the side, so that I can finally equip some shoulder pieces without having them covering my entire aiming reticule.

• Like 3

I guess the option wouldn't hurt, but you'd still have to put up with shoulder aim with guns. when the camera is already offset, it doesn't have to "move" as much to go into aiming mode, so it's a lot less disorienting than going from central to right should aim. 

11 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If you mean a first person camera view then don't hold your breath. Don't think DE will ever add that to the game.

Cosmetic sales are DE's bread and butter money makers.

They'd never do anything like FPS camera that might potentially remove those cosmetics from your attention.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

They'd never do anything like FPS camera that might potentially remove those cosmetics from your attention.

You do realise that if you're looking at a cosmetic in 3rd person when you can't in 1st, it's one you've already bought, right?

Also, there's a whole laundry list of games that prove players care what they look like in-game even if they can't see it themselves.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 2

Cosmetic sales are DE's bread and butter money makers.

A lot of first person games still sell cosmetics for your character, dude.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

as an option would be cool. because I know skins almost by heart. 🙃
and weapons have a decent resolution.

3 hours ago, BZHNewbie said:

No, I'm not talking about an FPS view, but a common view as on most MMORPGs where the character serves as the centre of the camera, seen in the 3rd person.

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

You do realise that if you're looking at a cosmetic in 3rd person when you can't in 1st, it's one you've already bought, right?

Also, there's a whole laundry list of games that prove players care what they look like in-game even if they can't see it themselves.

You know this, I know this, most players do too.

But does the DE higher up who mandated "3rd person exclusive, gotta work those cosmetics" know this? Probably not, its the only explanation for this and many other decisions that seem arbitrary.

But does the DE higher up who mandated "3rd person exclusive, gotta work those cosmetics" know this? Probably not, its the only explanation for this and many other decisions that seem arbitrary.

Aside from the fact that making a proper 1st person camera mode is actually a surprising amount of work. And the fact that games that let you switch between 1st and 3rd person are an extreme minority to begin with.

Also, you do realise that those "Higher ups" are the same people we see in the devstreams, right? They aren't just faceless people in suits.  You're making an assumption by saying that cosmetics are the reason for the 3rd person viewpoint, despite that being something that was decided on back when the project was still called Dark Sector (in other words, back in the mid-2000s).

Edited by Corvid
2 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

Imagine bullet jumping in first person...

As has been said many times before, 1st Person =/= 1:1 camera parity with the player model's eyes. So if this is your grounds for objection, I suggest you drop it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BZHNewbie said:

No, I'm not talking about an FPS view, but a common view as on most MMORPGs where the character serves as the centre of the camera, seen in the 3rd person.

Like these (pic 1 is from FF14, pic 2 is from WoW, and pic 3 is Star Wars: The Old Republic):

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.51.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.52.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_5.02.33_PM.png

From watching the three videos for a bit is that the camera moves in the direction the player moves. If that is what you mean, I don't think DE will add that considering Warframe is meant to look and play like an action adventure game and therefore the camera not being tied to player movement is a given.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Do you mean you get car sick or?

Or do you mean you want classic PC controls, where you strafe instead of turning with wasd confg?

Could be wrong, but I think @BZHNewbiemeans this: where the camera moves with the player (video is timestamped for relevant part)

5 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

Imagine bullet jumping in first person...

Pulling the camera back and centering the character would be fine though, and should be an option.

The camera doesn’t need to spin with you... Warframe isn’t the first game to have a character that spins.

No game designer would make the camera spin specially not on an action you need to do hundreds of times per mission.

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

Aside from the fact that making a proper 1st person camera mode is actually a surprising amount of work. And the fact that games that let you switch between 1st and 3rd person are an extreme minority to begin with.

Also, you do realise that those "Higher ups" are the same people we see in the devstreams, right? They aren't just faceless people in suits.  You're making an assumption by saying that cosmetics are the reason for the 3rd person viewpoint, despite that being something that was decided on back when the project was still called Dark Sector (in other words, back in the mid-2000s).

Yep

and I even though they show their faces in camera

I don't trust them and consider them to be creedy corpos who put money first

but hey, I don't have a founder tag, so I guess I'm biased. or is the other way around? hmmmmh

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

As has been said many times before, 1st Person =/= 1:1 camera parity with the player model's eyes. So if this is your grounds for objection, I suggest you drop it.

I for sure would love a 1:1 camera. I mean, I player S#&$loads of mirrors edge and I damn love the feeling that the rolling camera gives, even if its not practical. I would love to see the bullet jump spin with my own eyes, the rolls and knockdowns too.

Edited by KittySkin
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

but hey, I don't have a founder tag, so I guess I'm biased. or is the other way around? hmmmmh

Ah, so you're accusing me of being a dishonest interlocuter?

To the ignore list you go.