Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Will a central view ever be available?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KittySkin said:

I for sure would love a 1:1 camera. I mean, I player S#&$loads of mirrors edge and I damn love the feeling that the rolling camera gives, even if its not practical. I would love to see the bullet jump spin with my own eyes, the rolls and knockdowns too.

Warframe would be the most motion sick inducing game ever with the bullet jump>roll>slide movement loop most experienced players use, and imagine how crazy it would be with some of the high speed melee combos that include spins or flips!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMostFrench said:

Warframe would be the most motion sick inducing game ever with the bullet jump>roll>slide movement loop most experienced players use, and imagine how crazy it would be with some of the high speed melee combos that include spins or flips!

Im not going to deny that haha, that being said, I would love to at least have thebchance to experience it without doubts. I mean, Ill go for a 100% 1:1 camera when we ever have weapon recoil, running motion, etc, 100% like mirrors edge. After all, managing to perform in any level with that camera will be fun itself haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let it be said for the record that KittySkin does not represent the desires of all 1st-person-camera advocates.

And since the topic isn't even about a 1st person camera, I would advise dropping the tangent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Corvid said:

As has been said many times before, 1st Person =/= 1:1 camera parity with the player model's eyes. So if this is your grounds for objection, I suggest you drop it.

1. First person view isn't even what the op is asking for.

2. Who has said, many times before, that a first person view isn't a viewpoint from the eyes of the player?

3. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll file it right here...

James May GIF by DriveTribe

Edited by Psianide73
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psianide73 said:

Who has said, many times before, that a first person view isn't a viewpoint from the eyes of the player?

Myself, among others, in previous threads on the subject, because the same tired objections keep being raised despite being refuted ad nauseum.

For example, take the Evade ability from Halo Reach. When you use it, you see your camera dip slightly while retaining its orientation, while other players will see your character model doing a full 360 degree flip. Since I don't think anyone is going to seriously argue that Halo is not a First Person Shooter, it is safe to say that a first-person camera can in fact deviate from what the character model would indicate. Or for a more recent example, look at McCree from Overwatch, who does the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, Psianide73 said:

First person view isn't even what the op is asking for.

Read the thread again and you will see that I'm not the person you need to be telling that to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Myself, among others, in previous threads on the subject, because the same tired objections keep being raised despite being refuted ad nauseum.

For example, take the Evade ability from Halo Reach. When you use it, you see your camera dip slightly while retaining its orientation, while other players will see your character model doing a full 360 degree flip. Since I don't think anyone is going to seriously argue that Halo is not a First Person Shooter, it is safe to say that a first-person camera can in fact deviate from what the character model would indicate. Or for a more recent example, look at McCree from Overwatch, who does the exact same thing.

Read the thread again and you will see that I'm not the person you need to be telling that to.

My "Imagine bullet-jumping in first person" comment was an aside. I knew what the op was asking for, and agreed with him.

I don't think fpv would work in this game particularly well, but that's another topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 21 heures, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 a dit :

Comme ceux-ci (la photo 1 est de FF14, la photo 2 de WoW et la photo 3 est Star Wars: The Old Republic):

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.51.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.52.54_PM.png

 

Il y a 22 heures, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 a dit :

Like these (pic 1 is from FF14, pic 2 is from WoW, and pic 3 is Star Wars: The Old Republic):

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.51.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_4.52.54_PM.png

 

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_5.02.33_PM.png

From watching the three videos for a bit is that the camera moves in the direction the player moves. If that is what you mean, I don't think DE will add that considering Warframe is meant to look and play like an action adventure game and therefore the camera not being tied to player movement is a given.

That's how it is, I put up with a lot more of this shooting than the camera on the side of the person, it gives me a very unpleasant feeling of having one eye amputated each time, there are many games I've always dreamed of doing, but this damned camera blocks me.

I really have a hard time to understand games calling themselves MMO (or like) not allowing more flexibility on some way to play it, we're human beings anyway, not clones ... ^^

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Why derive the subject on the 1st person view? When I was looking for a 3rd person view, not an FPS view, but one like Final Fantasy Online, Elder Scrolls Online, DC Universe Online and so on, for me, it's a much more pleasant view to play and also to handle.

Edited by BZHNewbie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'd be nice to have as a third option built into the toggle camera shoulder button.

Sevagoth's Shadow used something similar to the above images because it's such a big character model. Maybe after they implement it this suggestion can gain some traction for default Warframes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should be able to change the camera position ourselves

But then again, this is WF what we're talking about, who knows how many things are directly tied to the current camera position and if it were to change, how many things would break completely

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...