Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to not worry about energy?

(NSW)Sin

Question

I just wanted to know how do I stop worrying about my energy when on missions? I put energy siphon and coaction drift on all my warframes instead of putting something that could benefit the frames abilities.

This didn’t bother me for a while until the time a friend of mine in game showed me the opticor vandal, I knew I wanted one for myself but I couldn’t find people all the time to help me farm fractures, so I had to solo a few runs. Throughout the runs I used my nezha since he was my most tanky frame. But despite his DR there were times where I ran out of energy, so I holed my self up in some trench praying the coolant wouldn’t be destroyed as I waited for my energy to regen so I could use my 3rd ability again.

I see a lot of people not use energy siphon yet they still survive. I heard of arcane energize but I can’t do eidolons yet, I am not strong enough.

PS: Sorry for the rant.

13 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, (NSW)BadLittleBoy said:

I just wanted to know how do I stop worrying about my energy when on missions? I put energy siphon and coaction drift on all my warframes instead of putting something that could benefit the frames abilities.

This didn’t bother me for a while until the time a friend of mine in game showed me the opticor vandal, I knew I wanted one for myself but I couldn’t find people all the time to help me farm fractures, so I had to solo a few runs. Throughout the runs I used my nezha since he was my most tanky frame. But despite his DR there were times where I ran out of energy, so I holed my self up in some trench praying the coolant wouldn’t be destroyed as I waited for my energy to regen so I could use my 3rd ability again.

I see a lot of people not use energy siphon yet they still survive. I heard of arcane energize but I can’t do eidolons yet, I am not strong enough.

Try rage or hunter adrenaline mods. Both are relatively easy to acquire. 

Nezha pairs nicely with both as his damage reduction ability was changed so it isn't just a copy of rhino anymore. 

You just take reduced damage, so when you take damage, the rage/hunter adrenaline mod will give you energy for damage taken. Then just heal up and keep fighting. You can sustain forever that way with tanky enough frames. 

I use rage and hunter adrenaline on a lot of frames that most people wouldn't normally use them on especially on lower solar map missions where they don't even need to be that tanky against the enemies I am facing, and I don't need arcane energize or zenurik or have to waste my polymer bundles on energy pad items. 

A lot of other solutions are going to take you way longer, and are much more "endgame", as it were and some are rather grindy or resource intensive. Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, especially on tankier frames, will help you on the early solar map if you are struggling with keeping enough energy to regularly use abilities and doesn't require any grinding. 

Increase your ability efficiency by combining Streamline with Fleeting Expertise, only rank both mods to rank 4 to save capacity and only reduce your ability duration by 50%.

175% efficiency is the max, so only use both mods maxed at the same time when you're using blind rage.

Unlock the Zenurik Focus school and max our energizing dash, only further look into this after completing "The War Within" you unlock on the Sedna Junction.

This is too resource intensive for a new player, but obtain the 100x Large Energy Pad blueprint from the corpus energy lab in your dojo, they will restore 100 energy on each pulse.

Not sure how well you can spam them on console, but I bound a button on my mouse to place one, I can get back to max energy in no time if I need it!

I use energizing dash and arcane energize as the core of my energy management strategy.  Aside from that, different frames will have different energy management strategies (i.e. efficiency/duration in your build, some you might have to be economical in making sure you get the most effect out of each cast, some you might have to figure out specific timings, sometimes but very rarely I'll need pads, edit: energy generator on dethcube can come in handy too for energy hungry frames.)

As far as thermia fractures, I like using Amesha, where you can drop your bubbles, then fly straight up out of combat range.  Pair with a sniper or rocket launcher to deal with beacons and the few ground targets that can still cause problems.  For mopping up on the ground, voidrig really changed the game there, now all you should need a frame for is something unkillable just in case you end up in it somehow (mesa can easily replace voidrig since mopping up is way less stressful in this scenario, but an invincible inaros build would make a lot of sense, since with voidrig it would just be a fallback.)

vor 44 Minuten schrieb mkah_mvet:

I use energizing dash and arcane energize as the core of my energy management strategy.  Aside from that, different frames will have different energy management strategies (i.e. efficiency/duration in your build, some you might have to be economical in making sure you get the most effect out of each cast, some you might have to figure out specific timings, sometimes but very rarely I'll need pads, edit: energy generator on dethcube can come in handy too for energy hungry frames.)

As far as thermia fractures, I like using Amesha, where you can drop your bubbles, then fly straight up out of combat range.  Pair with a sniper or rocket launcher to deal with beacons and the few ground targets that can still cause problems.  For mopping up on the ground, voidrig really changed the game there, now all you should need a frame for is something unkillable just in case you end up in it somehow (mesa can easily replace voidrig since mopping up is way less stressful in this scenario, but an invincible inaros build would make a lot of sense, since with voidrig it would just be a fallback.)

actually only arcane energize is enough. you can go further and add protea's dispensary skill to it. with arcane energize flow (especially primed flow) is much better than streamline.
I don't run out of energy with ~ 45% effeciency.

however, if you play more with "rage", you can also convert pet for healing (hunter recovery) and that's how it works ...

3 hours ago, (NSW)BadLittleBoy said:

Not a rant at all. I had the same problem when i was still a rookie. I just couldn't figure out how people are casting abilities left and right while i ran out just after a couple of casts.

There are some very effective energy solutions. But fortunately and unfortunately at the same time, there are no 1 magical strategy that everybody are using, we all have our own energy plans.

What worked for me at earlier levels was energy pizzas. I just bought truckload of them from the syndicate and use em everytime i feel i could use some energy boost. Mods doesn't seem like much, but when combined, they can help greatly. Maxing streamline and other energy related mods also helped.

Then after i finish the main story quest, i received a spoiler that allows me to get more energy from pickups. Not gonna spoil anything, but if you play the story quests you'll find out.

Then Orphix Venom came along and gave me arcane energize. I slap it on each of my energy hungry frames.

Later i found out that there are frames who can create their own energy sources. Like hildryn, or octavia.

At that point i was already a different player. I kill faster, and way more enemies. How you kill stuff and move around the map can contribute to your energy as well since you'll be finding more orbs.

Just hold on there, mate. Do what you can to survive for now. And should you prevail, i promise you'll have access to all of these stuff!

11 hours ago, (NSW)BadLittleBoy said:

I waited for my energy to regen so I could use my 3rd ability again.

One important thing about Nezha's 3 is that it has a short invulnerability phase when you cast it. During that time, all damage taken is added to its strength. I've seen videos when Nez cast it while a few heavy gunners were shooting at him. Ended up with 99k strength. Which is nice, so cast it in the middle of battle - don't run away to regen it and it'll last longer.

One thing I've yet to see mentioned is Dethcube and it's aug from Simaris or whichever kubrow it is with the Dig mod. Both options, while not amazing in my mind for long term energy economy or extensive ability use, can give a nice boost and are relatively cheap options for newer players. They can also be supplemented down the road with other things like Zenurik's passive or Arcane Energize. All in all nothing else I can think of that hasn't been mentioned. Good stuff all around.

On 2021-02-28 at 9:31 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Try rage or hunter adrenaline mods. Both are relatively easy to acquire. 

Nezha pairs nicely with both as his damage reduction ability was changed so it isn't just a copy of rhino anymore. 

You just take reduced damage, so when you take damage, the rage/hunter adrenaline mod will give you energy for damage taken. Then just heal up and keep fighting. You can sustain forever that way with tanky enough frames. 

I use rage and hunter adrenaline on a lot of frames that most people wouldn't normally use them on especially on lower solar map missions where they don't even need to be that tanky against the enemies I am facing, and I don't need arcane energize or zenurik or have to waste my polymer bundles on energy pad items. 

A lot of other solutions are going to take you way longer, and are much more "endgame", as it were and some are rather grindy or resource intensive. Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, especially on tankier frames, will help you on the early solar map if you are struggling with keeping enough energy to regularly use abilities and doesn't require any grinding. 

On 2021-02-28 at 9:33 PM, 16Bitman said:

Increase your ability efficiency by combining Streamline with Fleeting Expertise, only rank both mods to rank 4 to save capacity and only reduce your ability duration by 50%.

175% efficiency is the max, so only use both mods maxed at the same time when you're using blind rage.

Unlock the Zenurik Focus school and max our energizing dash, only further look into this after completing "The War Within" you unlock on the Sedna Junction.

This is too resource intensive for a new player, but obtain the 100x Large Energy Pad blueprint from the corpus energy lab in your dojo, they will restore 100 energy on each pulse.

Not sure how well you can spam them on console, but I bound a button on my mouse to place one, I can get back to max energy in no time if I need it!

On 2021-02-28 at 10:00 PM, mkah_mvet said:

I only recently got a hold of hunter adrenaline, but I don’t think it goes well with my current mods, I prioritize armor and power strength for my nezha so that the halo’s health is high.

I also have only recently unlocked tenno schools, went with zenurik but have problems unlocking the energy dash. I also don’t know if I can unlock the energy dash right away or do I need to unlock the one in the middle first.

Dunno exactly what mods u have but I would definitely sacrifice some strength or armor to fit hunter adrenaline/rage in there, at least test it out. Also, health conversion, equilibrium and reaping chakram are very useful mods for Nezha. Combining all these you can get him to self loop and not worry ab energy or health.

Rage and hunter adreneline do not really work on nezha, try equalibreium. Energy orb also refill part of health and health refills part of energy. 

Void dash and large energy restores are must haves. Streamline is mandatory, Flow if you need a larger energy pool. 

My current config for Nezha Prime comes from The Kengineer, which is rush, sprint boost, Vitality, steel fiber, narrow minded, gladiator aegis, auger message, Continuity, intensify, and equalibreium. Used to have problems when armor worn out and then get one shot but this config to me makes Nezha allot more solid and tanky to run. 

For thermia fractures I use wukong prime with no melee weapon, makes it easier. Use celestial twin and a good companion with a hard hitting primary and it wrecks things. 

On 2021-02-28 at 8:20 AM, (NSW)BadLittleBoy said:

There are builds that require a considerable investment and I have a personal build that I use where I don't ever really run out of energy anymore, pretty much no matter the situation, and that is without an arcane energize and rage/hunter adrenaline. But what I can give you for your current situation is the fact that rage or hunter adrenaline are nice until you have Arcane Energize. Run a flow or primed flow to have a bigger reserve if you are concerned about your energy. It takes a healthy balance and understanding of each frame to know what their build really requires in order to maintain an energy efficiency to the point where you don't run out of energy. Energy siphon is ok, but you are better suited with something else honestly, especially with Nezha. 

In the beginning, you will not be able to cast abilities as often, that's an expected (if unfortunate) aspect of the game.

The biggest helpers in the early game are the mods Streamline and Fleeting Expertise.  These lower the cost of your abilities, making it much easier to use them more.  I'm not sure where you get Streamline nowadays, but Fleeting Expertise (arguably the better of the two for the early game) can be earned in Deimos missions by unlocking the vaults with Dragon Keys.  I pretty commonly see people in Recruitment Chat looking for partners for vault runs, so check it out!

At some point in the story, you will earn spoiler mode and when you get it, you will be offered your choice of 5 schools.  Pick Zenurik.  The Zenurik skill tree has an ability that lets you regenerate energy at a much faster pace that Energy Siphon.  Pour all of your points into that skill.

Finally, there's Arcane Energize.  This will be much easier to get soon, as you won't have to kill Eidolons to get it.  It will still take a lot to farm, but once you get a maxed Arcane Energize your energy troubles will be mostly behind you.

Another possible solution to the energy problem would be to get an extra Protea warframe and feed her to the Helminth system (once you unlock it).  Then you can put her Dispenser ability on any Warframe you want, which will generate Energy Orbs for you.

You could also get a Dethcube sentinel pet.  It has a mod you can buy from Simaris that causes it to generate Energy Orbs.  I haven't used this mod but it sounds useful.

There are plenty ways:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Capacity#Restoring_Energy

The ones i use the most:
- Rage / Hunter Adrenaline
- Energizing Dash
- Large Squad Energy Restore
- Energy Generator
- Arcane Energize
- Equilibrium (+ Synth Deconstruct)

You can also reduce energy consumption (Ability Efficiency) and/or stock up ((Primed) Flow).

Archived