Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Nightwave "Platinum Rewards", An Extra Reward Set Paid in Platinum

Nightwave has a lot of ups and downs. Wether it's the annoying random enemy spawn, or how the event lasts extremely long.

Even so, i love this feature. It's a "To do list" that is quite flexible for players who have busy life activities.

So now, i'd like to recommend for Nightwave to have a feature where you get more reward feature if you pay with platinum.

This kind of "Free Reward" and "Premium Rewards" thing is quite popular in some MMOs. I've seen in popular games like Destiny 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2.

So it goes like this:

Nightwave has a reward line that is free (Which all players have right now).

Level 1 until 30 rewards, and beyond level 30 are "Prestige Rewards" for players who are -insane- enough to reach the cap.

But, if you pay with platinum, you will unlock a "Platinum Reward" line. The rewards are shown above the "Free Rewards" From Level 1 to level 30, and extra prestige cap. Either something like extra creds, arcanes, cosmetics, weapon skins, etc.

See these images below as a reference:

editor-pso20200313_104350_010-43174.png Destiny-2-Year-3-Season-Pass.jpg

Knowing that platinum is tradeable, this feature won't be completely "Pay to win" at all. It also pushes players put more effort on getting more rewards.

Hope this idea goes into your consideration.

• Like 1

that's a big fat N O from me, chief. premium battle passes are just conceptually awful, and nightwave being totally free and not a miserable slog only just barely worth the effort if you pay for the privilege to grind are what sets it apart from every other battle pass system

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Rasdan said:

Knowing that platinum is tradeable, this feature won't be completely "Pay to win" at all.

Wow. This is a terrible idea. This is P2W, even if you try calling it "earn to win". Casual and new players are not familiar with earning plat. So "won't be completely" is simply a technicality.

Within "free to play" games there is a trend of different "pay to win" business models. The specific example of Destiny 2 is clearly P2W: you get weapons, armor, and consumable resources otherwise unobtainable.

Warframe specifically features "grind or pay" and "pay to fashion". If Warframe was to switch business models, it would damage their relationship with players and harm their ancient reputation of "free to play-done right".

• Like 1

Okay what company is paying you to make this post, because surely you cannot seriously believe that this brainless draining of players' wallets is in any way, shape, or form a good direction for Warframe to go. Battle Passes, free or otherwise, are already a blight upon modern gaming- to push Warframe in an even more nauseating direction would surely be the death of it. Please, for the love of god and for yourself, think about how these corporations are using you.

• Like 5

Imagine being so delusional that you think a paid version would be something extra and not just the current rewards being locked behind a paywall with garbage rewards for the free tracks instead (many times literally nothing). How much consumer juice do you need to inject into your brain to think that this would be a good idea and would make the game better?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rasdan said:

getting all rewards makes me feel good?

This is called "dopamine response" and shares many similarities with drug addiction. Business marketers and UI engineers specifically train and hone their craft to trigger this reaction in someone's brain. Try finding a way to reward yourself, for yourself. This will also protect you from potential gambling addiction.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

This is called "dopamine response" and shares many similarities with drug addiction. Business marketers and UI engineers specifically train and hone their craft to trigger this reaction in someone's brain. Try finding a way to reward yourself, for yourself. This will also protect you from potential gambling addiction.

Exactly this. These predatory tactics are used to pry on people with addictive personalities- I should know. That's why they're so insidious and should be railed against with utmost vehemence.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Ironically, I don't enjoy gambling, or anything with a game of chance. Especially when the loss is high. I like it when there's a clear goal i can achieve (Nightwave rewards are fixed). And yes, i do the same in my life of learning.

When i reread it, I figured it's a bad Idea.

Right now, the only thing that keeps me returning to Warframe is Nightwave and Sortie. I check Random Rivens using Slivers and umbra forma from teshin every 8 weeks.

It's tough being that player who already maxed everything (except Zenistar, i haven't reached the required daily logins), owned all arcanes, etc etc. So far I love this game so much, I bought all the tennogens.

DE really need a "foolproof content" that is timeless for endgame players. It's PVP still suck imo.

Edited by Rasdan
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Rasdan said:

Nightwave has a lot of ups and downs. Wether it's the annoying random enemy spawn, or how the event lasts extremely long.

Even so, i love this feature. It's a "To do list" that is quite flexible for players who have busy life activities.

So now, i'd like to recommend for Nightwave to have a feature where you get more reward feature if you pay with platinum.

This kind of "Free Reward" and "Premium Rewards" thing is quite popular in some MMOs. I've seen in popular games like Destiny 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2.

So it goes like this:

Nightwave has a reward line that is free (Which all players have right now).

Level 1 until 30 rewards, and beyond level 30 are "Prestige Rewards" for players who are -insane- enough to reach the cap.

But, if you pay with platinum, you will unlock a "Platinum Reward" line. The rewards are shown above the "Free Rewards" From Level 1 to level 30, and extra prestige cap. Either something like extra creds, arcanes, cosmetics, weapon skins, etc.

See these images below as a reference:

editor-pso20200313_104350_010-43174.png Destiny-2-Year-3-Season-Pass.jpg

Knowing that platinum is tradeable, this feature won't be completely "Pay to win" at all. It also pushes players put more effort on getting more rewards.

Hope this idea goes into your consideration.

If I want to play games with this kind of system, I don't need to install anything in my PC. I'll just login over at Nutaku and pick a random game - ANY of them has THIS SCHTICK.

... ok, back to grinding.

I understand that veterans need more things to do in this game but NO don't even give DE these ideas. Just please NO.

From what I understand, you want a battle pass system in the game - that's the last thing id want in this game and I'm glad it doesn't have it already especially when so many other games are doing this.

Edited by (PSN)ZUBY_1101

if there is too much platium in the game, it makes the game less interesting. then you can go to work straight away and buy several thousand platium a day.

only then can i buy 2 new and full-fledged games. with top action, story etc. as it should be.

and work is usually super easy. it is already a waste of time to farm resources or even exp without booster. takes forever and loot frames cannot compensate for that.