Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm unable to play this game anymore

Torrempesta

I have had the same account for years, literally since the main trailer had female Excaliburs, but now I am literally at loss.

I tell myself everyday "Let's just play randomly, just join a random mission for some brainless fun".

But I can't. Every time I have to choose among a lot of different types of mission and I end up telling myself "Ok, then what do I bring? Do I use the same WFs? Is it a defense? Then Mesa? Frost? Nova? Saryn? What if I want to use, I don't know, Nidus? Let's take Nidus." And I end up with another Nidus in team which sucks.

Basically I am ranting now because I don't want to let go of this game but at the same time it's pointless to me to keep going. I just use the same 4-5 WFs and I strongly feel that the game lacks some kind of thread that links and binds everything together. There is no guide, you are dropped into a huge universe without guidance and even if you let it go for a while but you are brought back because there is that WFs that seems interesting it is blocked behind a wall of huge, redundant and boring farming.

A personal problem also is the fact that my potato pc can't run smoothly on Daymos... So not only I have to spend hours and hours into the same 4 mission for Xaku, but then I also need to grind for materials, which are blocked because the lack of "status" in the specific Hub.

Weapons are pointless, they are all the same and basically melee stomps.

I have a clan, but I am the only playing member.

I loved this game, literally. It was amazing to play 1 year ago during the lockdown, but now it doesn't bring that same mindless fun it used to give.
A lot of new WFs are basically boring. Grendel is a slow and weaker version of Inaros,
Protea seems, at best, the worst possible version of Mesa.
Garuda is the "existential crysis" WFs, because it seems unable to decide if she is a tank or a DPS. Who needs some slash procs when you have goddamn Saryn?!
Baruuk makes sense in this game style like anchovies for breakfast: in a world where you have to mow large numbers of enemies in co.op let's stay still and do nothing! Wow!

Am I missing something? Am I just lacking the ability to adapt? I am not a kid anymore and maybe the fact that I have to work doesn't allow me to spend too much time into a game, but a few years back I could! I could come home after work and do 2-3 missions for fun. Also because Intermissions and Nightwave pushed you to do stuff. But now? The last Nightwave was soooo damn boring and slow... and for what? A sword? WOW! Intermission? Why do I need all that useless crap?
It is all so lacking a goal.

Oh! And what about "moral conduct"? You know, that compass with "dark side" and "light side" moving according to your decision! What about that? How many years ago was that introduced?
And for what?

Maybe I am terribly wrong, but this game is losing purpose.

(On a side note: I tried to publish this post on Reddit, seeking help or guidance and the said moderators did not allow me to post it. Afraid of something?)

My suggestion? 

Take a long break, the game will probably be back for you when you feel like returning. 

I came back at the beginning of 2020 reinvigorated after a sweet, two year break.

When I came back, there was so much more to do and so much new lore that I no longer felt burnt out. I felt almost overwhelmed with how much I had to do now. 

But I know your feeling, that's how I felt when I quit for a loooooooong hiatus. Apart from mastery ranking all the stuff I didn't have yet, I had done pretty much everything. PoE came out and I did have something new to do, but I was already burnt just playing sortie and logging off, and not knowing what else to do with myself and my heart wasn't in it. I was already too burnt out at that point. 

If you are feeling that way don't force yourself to keep playing regularly and let the sunk cost fallacy ruin your mental health. 

Just play other games. 

And the game and the community will still be here for you when you return. 

38 minutes ago, Torrempesta said:

I have had the same account for years, literally since the main trailer had female Excaliburs, but now I am literally at loss.

I tell myself everyday "Let's just play randomly, just join a random mission for some brainless fun".

But I can't. Every time I have to choose among a lot of different types of mission and I end up telling myself "Ok, then what do I bring? Do I use the same WFs? Is it a defense? Then Mesa? Frost? Nova? Saryn? What if I want to use, I don't know, Nidus? Let's take Nidus." And I end up with another Nidus in team which sucks.

Basically I am ranting now because I don't want to let go of this game but at the same time it's pointless to me to keep going. I just use the same 4-5 WFs and I strongly feel that the game lacks some kind of thread that links and binds everything together. There is no guide, you are dropped into a huge universe without guidance and even if you let it go for a while but you are brought back because there is that WFs that seems interesting it is blocked behind a wall of huge, redundant and boring farming.

A personal problem also is the fact that my potato pc can't run smoothly on Daymos... So not only I have to spend hours and hours into the same 4 mission for Xaku, but then I also need to grind for materials, which are blocked because the lack of "status" in the specific Hub.

I loved this game, literally. It was amazing to play 1 year ago during the lockdown, but now it doesn't bring that same mindless fun it used to give.
A lot of new WFs are basically boring. Grendel is a slow and weaker version of Inaros,
Garuda is the "existential crysis" WFs, because it seems unable to decide if she is a tank or a DPS. Who needs some slash procs when you have goddamn Saryn?!
Baruuk makes sense in this game style like anchovies for breakfast: in a world where you have to mow large numbers of enemies in co.op let's stay still and do nothing! Wow!

Am I missing something? Am I just lacking the ability to adapt? I am not a kid anymore and maybe the fact that I have to work doesn't allow me to spend too much time into a game, but a few years back I could! I could come home after work and do 2-3 missions for fun. Also because Intermissions and Nightwave pushed you to do stuff. But now? The last Nightwave was soooo damn boring and slow... and for what? A sword? WOW! Intermission? Why do I need all that useless crap?

Oh! And what about "moral conduct"? You know, that compass with "dark side" and "light side" moving according to your decision! What about that? How many years ago was that introduced?
And for what?

(On a side note: I tried to publish this post on Reddit, seeking help or guidance and the said moderators did not allow me to post it. Afraid of something?)

I definitely have the same sentiment, I’ve taken many breaks and come back to nothing .

Hearing the new ideas on the devstreams it seems like they are actually trying to tie the game together for once . Railjack and corpus , and with command intrinsic you get your helpers from orb vallis. Definitely trying to connect the contents . 

Definetly keep an eye out for the next few updates .

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Torrempesta:

And for what?

I only read at the beginning because the meaningless content is constantly repeated. so nothing against you. Almost everyone has that.

simply answer the question: what is the goal of your topic?

do you want someone to persuade you to play? variety, other games, hobbies like martial arts, fun with women and much more.
there are alternatives like sand by the sea! everything gets boring over time.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My suggestion? 

Take a long break, the game will probably be back for you when you feel like returning. 

Agreed.  Sounds like bad burnout or you may just finally be done with Warframe.

Don't linger in any game when you are no longer having fun.  You'll only punish yourself and that isn't healthy.

Hardest part about addiction. Quitting.  Gamers suffer it. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My suggestion? 

I came back at the beginning of 2020 reinvigorated after a sweet, two year break.

i did the same, 2 years break in 2018 and i can't agree more, i have so much stuff to do now in 2020-21.

I'm not trying to rush things, i do it in my own pace, i'm going out my confort zone to try weapons and frames i don't usually play. 

OP, one thing i can say, don't try to take the most efficient route everytime because it get super boring. This for me could be one of your problem :

1 hour ago, Torrempesta said:

I just use the same 4-5 WFs 

There are ton of options i think that are not the most efficient but still fast enough. You talk about Protea, it's funny because it's one of the new frame i enjoy atm and she can be quite efficient, i admit i also play her for her "roll" animation, i just love it ( please let me buy that animation so i can put it on other frames.)

Some weapons / Frames might not be the best for steelpath but can be great for fissures and others missions. My point, try sometimes to play for the fun, find your own weapons / frames instead of going with the meta.

Though i can understand the lack of meaning in the missions. It's a game where you win everytime, it's just a matter of how fast you win so there isn't much at stake. I used to play killing floor and one thing i liked about this game was that you always had to be on your toes because if someone f"up your team could be wiped. Here in warframe there isn't really that, you could have half of your team afk and it wouldn't change much most of the time. I also play pug all the time when i co-op because that's the only way i get surprised anymore (good or bad).

I also don't really care about unity, for me warframe is a sandbox game so island content problem doesn't really connect with me, my problem is more that the Devs themself don't use the full potential of the sandbox in that game. 

And OP, if you take a break, maybe you will have a new pc next time you go back to the game. Or just upgrade your rig with second hand hardware if it's not a laptop, it's cheap and sometime just one component can improve the game.

2 hours ago, Torrempesta said:

Am I missing something?

Yes, time.

Honestly, you're burnt out, take a break. Refresh your batteries.

It's okay to not want to play the game anymore. Take it from me, I burnt out back in 2018, I spent months away from the game and came back to find there was new things, there were new people, and I was able to actually enjoy things again in a more balanced way.

I don't put the same amount of time in, and that's fine. I enjoy the bits I play, and don't sweat the smaller stuff about the game any more.

You're completely normal, you're fine. Pick up something new for a bit.

Oh...

And a few more things, because, yes, you did miss a few other bits:

what about "moral conduct"? You know, that compass with "dark side" and "light side"

First, this wasn't about 'dark' and 'light' or morality. Steve mentioned that this is a Yin-Yang system where both sides are completely balanced and valid, they tell more about how you approach things than about how good or bad you are.

Second, Steve also said he regretted putting it in and that all the things he'd planned for it didn't pan out, so it's likely never going to be relevant.

And then there's a really, really niche, but key thing you missed here:

If you're standing still as Baruuk... No, I won't judge, but let me give you a little enlightenment:

Spoiler

Grab Steel Charge and Cunning Drift for your Aura and Exilus.

Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify for that base Health and Strength. Transient Fortitude to get you over 200% Strength and lower your Duration. Reactive Storm is the Augment you need, specifically. Max your Efficiency with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise (also to lower your Duration), then top that off with a Stretch for Range and a Primed Flow because you'll want to be able to absorb the bursts from an Arcane Energise. Add on Arcane Fury for more Melee damage.

With this you then mod your Desert Wind with base damage from Primed Pressure Point, Sacrificial Steel and Organ Shatter, then Primed Fury for some attack speed, and you pop on Melee Prowess to get you to that magical 107% Status chance (it really helps). Three mods for Elementals, I like Primed Fever Strike, North Wind and Molten Impact for Viral and Heat. Do note that Reactive Storm will make the Impact from the weapon into the damage type that's most suited for the enemies you're facing as well, so you'll be likely combining in other elements with every hit.

The purpose of this build is simple; Baruuk's Restraint erosion and gain is not affected by any mods, so modding to make the mechanical process of Eroding Restraint faster and easier makes his 4 basically infinite duration and incredibly powerful.

You have max Efficiency so you can run his 1 with minimum Drain, meaning that you can run around with it on and not care, it lasts an insane amount of time from max energy (around 7 minutes if you're doing nothing else). Max Efficiency and Minimum Duration also means that you can cast and recast his 2 over and over again, it lasts less than a second, so you can affect and re-affect enemies around you again and again for the mechanical gain on his Restraint meter (and enemies still get slowed, do the 'falling asleep' animation as well, meaning that you still have decent CC. His 3 has 16 daggers, meaning you can lose 7 of them before worrying about damage reduction and you can recast it incredibly cheaply with max Efficiency, but you'll be so high on Restraint most times that you never really drop anywhere below 90% DR regardless, and can go up to around 99% if you're in a crowded situation.

In fact, the build can Erode restraint so fast that you're actually using his 1 for the damage evasion while you're casting rather than for the Erosion per shot.

This build maximises the up-time on his 4. And Baruuk then becomes a wall of damage. His basic standing combo is massive range and high damage, while his Blocking combo actually pulls enemies in for more consistent damage and has a spinning heel kick that hits pretty much the entire screen. Simply jumping and ground slamming (not even a Heavy Ground Slam) will do amazing radial damage if you're struggling, and if you want to try out how effective this can be, I have screen-shots of my over 2-hour run in Steel Path Void Survival on Ani to show that it just scales and scales.

And to be clear, I don't actually use the Melee Combo Counter spoofing method that many other players use (by running Naramon and all of the Combo Duration mods to build up nearly 40 seconds of max Combo Counter duration) and using this ability at the ramped up 12x Combo damage numbers.

Baruuk just does that well without it.

So... yeah.

My primary point is that you're sounding genuinely burnt out.

Relax.

Don't feel bad about that.

Do something else, I really recommend it.

My secondary and tertiary points are that you're also missing out on a few bits of the game in specifics, so maybe there are some things you could try that could be fun.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I already took a long break, I only recently tried to come back.

2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

simply answer the question: what is the goal of your topic?

Just some type of guide or tip from active players, maybe I'll find the game interesting again. Right now I am just bored and overwhelmed by content I feel I am unable to reach. Not without bore me to death trying to reach it.

For example: I don't mind playing a lot for obtaining things. But repeating the same mission 10-12 times because RNG is against me is just frustrating.

I would really prefer a less frequent WFs output but an actual story in order to get them, like: 10-12 different chained missions in order to get a chassis, you get me?

updates with story and things you're looking for are the exact kind of update that can't be peddled out constantly, because it would be rushed to hell if they tried.

I'd just wait and come back whenever there's an update. aside from Prime Grinds and events, I wouldn't say I even play Warframe as much as I used to, and I've literally only missed two weeks of logging in and doing missions... in 5 years. the Railjack update should connect the game a bit more with the Void Storms and CotT will scratch the itch for a story. just gotta wait it out. 

@TorrempestaI recommend moving on to different games, preferably to one that doesn't have a time limit (seeing as how you have less free time). Also since you have a potato PC, I can recommend one game:

Factorio, which is a sort of a puzzle/builder/strategy game. You crash landed on a planet with only a few tools and resources. Your mission is to launch a rocket into space. It has a huge modding community as well, I heavily recommend it. (You may also turn off enemies if you want to play relaxed) It's well optimized, and playing smart will also reward you with better performance.

You should also take a look into the 2D RPG genre, since their gameplay is often decent, and so are the stories. Maybe visual novels as well, but I'm only planning to check them out in the future too, so I can't recommend anything in that regard.

Play something else. 

Games aren't exclusive, despite how some might act. Some games may require a lot of time, but those sorts of games seem to be a disappearing genre. 

I find the base game to still be fun, despite it being pretty old as video games go. However, some of the design directions DE has gone with recently don't interest me very much. So I don't play them. The community also has changed enough that I generally prefer to avoid public games these days. This isn't a huge deal since there's always another mission, but it's a factor. 

WF shares a lot of time with other games. There are about five games on PC I spend time in (in various amounts). I also spend a fair amount of time on console, most of which is in about three games. WF isn't one of them. 

There's lots to do out there. Just have to explore a bit and find things that interest you. I've been spending a more and more time of late in retro-gaming and this year will probably bring even more to the table. 

Archived