Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More than 1300% attack speed?

CrimsonSpawn

So, before attack speed is nerfed, thought I might actually calculate and see how fast I can get with the ceti lacera. With riven, warframe buffs (shock and warcry) and all of the A.S. mods......... things may have gotten a bit out of hand.

Edit: Only other thing than speed is the Sacr Steel (for berserker) and the tox with status on the riven. Apart from that, no dmg mods.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Thanks for bringing me back to 2006 YouTube with the music

System of a down for life,

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

3.12 melee speed is just a bit ridiculous.

Hopefully the melee changes are gonna address that, cause right now its just too much, pretty sure I would've destroyed my keyboard if I'd have kept smashing E.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

But the players are gonna go "muh power fantasy."

the rule of cool and fun. If it cool and fun then fyuckh em

On 2021-03-01 at 4:43 PM, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

I think it just comes down to a feeling of entitlement.

well, I'd disagree, since its really easy to get that fast and play that way, so kinda difficult to feel entitled when all I'm doin is scroll up, scroll down. plus literal anyone can achieve that amount.... so doesn't even feel exclusive or something to be earned.

On 2021-03-01 at 4:43 PM, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

percentage of the player base insists spamming a clicker macro is fun.

for me its like, ok lemme see how crazy can it get.... then, wow that got really crazy, hehe Attack Speed is so broken.

what?..... do I wanna play like this regularly?....... I mean, its funny as a meme but.... not as regular game play for me

Attack Speed already has a cap anyways, of something like 3, 4x of where you start. you can tell pretty clearly when you have a large bonus and then add another one, you don't actually get any faster.

this limit was put into place many Years ago when myself and i'm sure other Players found that if you increased your Attack Speed too high, the attack would actually end before it started, and thus your Melee Weapon was literally unable to attack.

On 2021-03-02 at 7:38 PM, taiiat said:

Attack Speed already has a cap anyways, of something like 3, 4x of where you start. you can tell pretty clearly when you have a large bonus and then add another one, you don't actually get any faster.

I don't need to actually get faster, just need my screen to start freezing and lagging..... that's proof enough for me 😁

On 2021-03-02 at 7:51 PM, ganjou234 said:

They should just make the animation stop scaling with the attack speed. It looks ridiculous hahaha

Imagine the animators, painstakingly aligning 3D models for each frame for hours, to achive cool ninja like motions..... and me be like, SCOLL TO FASTFORWARD. 😂

On 2021-03-01 at 8:44 AM, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

3.12 melee speed is just a bit ridiculous.

It isnt ridiculous because its not in a functional build (and requires p2w gacha lootbox mod). Tho really the as in question is closer to 8.51~ minimum (assumption based on average volt stat ranges, arcane strike and accounting berserker).

On 2021-03-02 at 3:51 PM, ganjou234 said:

They should just make the animation stop scaling with the attack speed. It looks ridiculous hahaha

12 hours ago, CrimsonSpawn said:

Imagine the animators, painstakingly aligning 3D models for each frame for hours, to achive cool ninja like motion

No matter the engine tick pace the animation start and end are set at, a animation that initially looks good as a loop works well even at x16 speed.
Its part of why melee 2.99998 butchering stances and glueing them with animation locks was a terrible move instead of just shuffling the order around with the new keybinds.
Seriously just compare old tempo royale vs new "rempe toyalo".
I mean right now there are stances whose attack chains outright dont end up in neutral animation state causing the frame to teleport back to the starting animation (or teleport slightly left right because the attack animations werent aligned properly like half of the prior mentioned ex-TR).

Archived