Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the new Railjack Interior already done? [Pictures from devstream seems to say "Yes"] [It seems we had a stealth addition]

Kaotyke

I saw it during the stream and took note of it.

The minimap shows a smaller ship.

y7nqpi3d83k61.png

Got the image from this reddit post.

But think the ship is already done? We see that it got very thin and short here. 1/3 of the length is gone, the Gunner seats no longer have the bathtub drop from the looks of it, so it might now be like getting into pilot seat...

No idea how many levels there will be in the back area... but I think there will be only 1 sets of doors this time: Cockpit/Gunner Seats > Main Area.

Notice all areas in the map we have that the areas that have doors are clipped making it... 4 sets of doors.

Pictures from Devstream:

Spoiler

RWx3uJ6.jpg

lUKrN9w.jpg

v0H3S4H.jpgHZhgjGz.jpg

Stealth addition:

hsTrTSL.jpg

While it's a shame seeing all this space gone, there was a lot of rooms that didn't serve any purpose & made travelling it tedious sometimes, even if warping helped a little

They also may just be looking at how it works in practice before showing us anything

there are some upsides to downsizing:

- no more games of "where's the last boarder?", if they make it onto your ship now there's only one or two places they can be, which makes it far quicker and easier to locate and kill intruders, no more room to room sweeping for 5-10 mins while the butcher giggles and beats the crap pout of your ship's interior. guess this means no chance of ever getting those automated turrets I wanted, but shouldn't need them now.

- it should load faster and smoother and that's one of the things DE wanted to address to make Railjack feel more "seamless".

- quicker to get to each position mid combat, meaning a faster response time for gunners, faster crafting process etc. shaving off even a couple of seconds can make all the difference in combat.

and this is just for me, but the more "intimate" interior makes it feel more like a submarine or something, and submarines are cool. 

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, since DE plans to release it in the next few weeks it would be weird if most of it wasn't completed, tbh.

I bet it's mostly a matter of finishing touces, ironing out stuff and catch bugs at this point.

I'm just a touch surprised they didn't launch a test server for it this time.

Maybe they will. IIRC, the test servers came shortly before the launch? And I think they will send the Devsworkshop first then make the PTS?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- no more games of "where's the last boarder?", if they make it onto your ship now there's only one or two places they can be, which makes it far quicker and easier to locate and kill intruders, no more room to room sweeping for 5-10 mins while the butcher giggles and beats the crap pout of your ship's interior. guess this means no chance of ever getting those automated turrets I wanted, but shouldn't need them now.

They appear in the Tactical map.

2 minutes ago, XAN3MK said:

To be fair, very little is changed between the two maps outside the Forge being culled on the new one and since DE said they'll be reworking how the Forge works in RJ 3.0, it likely makes sense within the context of the new system.

They mentioned Battle Forge, the Avionic. Not the Forge itself.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I didn't know that, and basically never used the tactical map lol. still, even better that having basically 2 rooms makes them easy to find without needing to pull up a map. 

I noticed because I use the map a lot. Engineer 10 makes it kinda standard. Then I throw Air support in the Away team's place. Usually a Radial Howl.

Not that they need it considering how weak the Grineer currently are, but I feel like I'm contributing more while in the ship waiting for them to make a Radiator appear.

I hope those missions get some heavy changes, I'm sick of Radiators...

And Crewships.

And the general emptiness of the place once all Fighters and Crewships are gone.

And Crewships.

How easy it is to avoid what is supposed to be a shipkiller.

And Crewships.

How the Galleon is just standing there.

And have I also mentioned Crewships?

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

and this is just for me, but the more "intimate" interior makes it feel more like a submarine or something, and submarines are cool. 

I mean, the RJ was always meant to be a interceptor-type ship, not a battleship/cruiser, so having a massive ship like the current RJ but only 1/2 main guns was kinda stupid.

1 minute ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

It's not always the case but sometimes you just get stuck on nothing while trying to go through the door and have to jump through it.

Host/client issue perhaps? Game does have plenty of those to go around. Can't say I recall running into this and the vast majority of my RJ time has been solo.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

It's not always the case but sometimes you just get stuck on nothing while trying to go through the door and have to jump through it.

I've yet to experience this, have had no problems going thru the doors. You by chance running Grendel or someone else is? He might just be blocking the doorway then.

I wonder if they will shrink the exterior too? Then again, in the existing gameplay we already have, the Railjack exterior and interior already don't match (one was longer than the other, though I forget which was the longer one) so it's not like they have incentive to

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I've yet to experience this, have had no problems going thru the doors. You by chance running Grendel or someone else is? He might just be blocking the doorway then.

I can confirm, by playing hours & hours of Railjack, it may have happened twice or thrice to me

The animation of the door opening plays, but it continues to act like a wall, hence you are stuck if you don't have the teleportation intrinsic

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm just a touch surprised they didn't launch a test server for it this time

25 years of online gaming has shown me that when the Devs are making big changes that are going forward come hell or high water and that have the potential to upset a large number of the player base all the testing is done closed as any and all feedback ends up being more or less useless for them.

I just hope they fix the issue of enemies getting stuck inside the walls of the Railjack when boarding, I can't count the number of times I've had to use Exalted Blade and swing wildly to get rid of one last boarder who got stuck in the wall.

I just want them to fix the interior colour scheme, I'm sick of it changing it everytime I board my Railjack so I've taken to resetting it to my colours before going out, look DE if I want bright green I'll set bright green from my the off white interior I use, thought about asking DE for a Kermit skin for my Warframe. lol

Being a smaller ship maybe we wont get that mini map teleporter covered by that hideous big menu.

I hope we don't get our Primed/Animal Instincts shrunken again with the smaller ship, though it shouldn't be that hard to find that last lonely little Grineer fella hiding in a corner wrecking your paint job.

I'm sad. I really liked the huge Railjack interior. I would have rather they added functionality to the space rather than shrink the area. Oh well.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

But think the ship is already done?

The messed-up fast travel spots on that map make me think it's not quite finalised. The Railjack demo from TennoCon 2018 (Fortuna demo) also had a different Railjack layout shown on the minimap, and that one was essentially placeholder, so who knows how accurate this is.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- it should load faster and smoother

I don't think there will be a measurable difference from shrinking the map by like 1/3.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And have I also mentioned Crewships?

Given how they've continued to mention Crewships in discussion of upcoming Railjack developments, including during last week's DevStream, I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

Feels like some of the feedback made it through ,

The ship always felt like a work of art (flamboyant and impractical) and not a tool of war (efficient and deadly).

There was too much useless space and elevation levels just for the sake of it, that made traversal annoying (paired with a poor UI and tactical map )

And though the images shown indicate an overall reduction i will wait for the actual workshop/release to comment if its better or worse - could be that its just one level of the map.

Archived