Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Is the new Railjack Interior already done? [Pictures from devstream seems to say "Yes"] [It seems we had a stealth addition]


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I hope those missions get some heavy changes, I'm sick of Radiators...

And Crewships.

And the general emptiness of the place once all Fighters and Crewships are gone.

And Crewships.

How easy it is to avoid what is supposed to be a shipkiller.

And Crewships.

How the Galleon is just standing there.

And have I also mentioned Crewships?

I too share your dislike of Crewships. But only because I have to get out of my chair, jump into my other chair, and fire a big gun at them. What is the point of my missile launcher if I have to use the bloody artillery cannon on specifically what equates to a troop transport? That artillery was shown to me as taking down a Capital Ship. A massive ship that commands a fleet. No. I use it for fodder effectively. The Railjack is supposed to combat all forms of enemy spaceships. From fighters all the way to a Capital Ship. We don't have that yet. And our enemies absolutely see us as a threat and ENGAGE us accordingly by moving their ship to try and get us towards the most guns. And for the love of all things give that Capital ship so many surface guns that I wet my pants thinking about how many cannons are pointed at me. I want it to be a fight. If the Railjack is supposed to be able to handle a fleet, throw one at us. Clearly this thing is capable of it based on the trailers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like the obvious choice would have been to unify orbiter and railjack and dojo.

I imagine quite a few people would like to take their personalized orbiter/railjack/player house into combat and show it off.

Just something like wanting to hang out in the dojo but then you have to go passed a loading screen to get back to foundry etc.

They want to avoid content islands... I mean it seems to be painfully self-evident what should happen here... lol.

We will keep upgrading the game based on player feedback!!!1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting the orbiter cockpit and utility area on the upper deck of a railjack with everything behind the arsenal being shifted to the dojo would be awesome and definitely bring the railjack into the main core but there are those dropship extraction animations... Maybe put the railjack aft section back on and make it a dropship hanger.. oof game development is hard

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kaotyke changed the title to Is the new Railjack Interior already done? [Pictures from devstream seems to say "Yes"]
12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I wonder if they will shrink the exterior too? Then again, in the existing gameplay we already have, the Railjack exterior and interior already don't match (one was longer than the other, though I forget which was the longer one) so it's not like they have incentive to

Unlikely. Exterior is already ~65 meters shorter than the interiors (~210m vs ~275m, from what I remember correctly), making the interiors shorter makes it already a bit more similar perhaps...

If anything though, I think the exteriors could be changed to make the exterior windows and stuff more accurately represent the interiors. Who knows how the interior will look...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

I too share your dislike of Crewships. But only because I have to get out of my chair, jump into my other chair, and fire a big gun at them. 

This.

What realistically got me worried with all the talks about injecting more "warframe" into railjack is they're going to force us to use warframe more. While all i want to do is sit in my godam pilot chair and feel that I'm anakin skywalker.

I absolutely despise having to go out and sabotage some radiators just to go back in my ship again to shoot it, knowing that there's a second set of radiator to expose and I'll have to go back out again. It's really breaking the immersion of piloting a badas spaceship.

My favorite mission in rj is actually the very first one on earth. Cuz i get to sit as a pilot and shoot some enemies. I wish they'll give more missions like that, but with improved a.i and objectives.

 

Unpopular opinion, i know.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was walking around the Empty SpaceTM parts of the Railjack and found this...

hsTrTSL.jpg

This is a Gunner/Pilot platform. This wasnt here before... I checked old RJ vidoes that had people look around, this was a standard glass floor with engines spinning and pretty lights you see everywhere.

Edited by Kaotyke
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Kaotyke changed the title to Is the new Railjack Interior already done? [Pictures from devstream seems to say "Yes"] [It seems we had a stealth addition]

They had the opportunity to take the big RJ and give a use to the empty space, creating a big interesting multifunctional ship with a lot of customization and some super fun, but they prefer to reduce to a probably mediocre, boring little ship.

My hope was to see all our ship mixed intoo one single big ship, mixing RJ and Orbiter and landing craft i a sort o space ship hybrid beetwen a carrier and a battleship, with his hangar for the landing craft, the living quarter and the amenities of the orbiter and the firepower of a RJ. But why make great things when you coud simply reduce to the worst, useless, minimal possibilities?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-28 at 10:43 PM, Kaotyke said:

They mentioned Battle Forge, the Avionic. Not the Forge itself.

They said resources will be personal and automatically replenish rather then have to be crafted. This implies something is happeningto the forge. It may very well be gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-28 at 11:27 PM, Kaotyke said:

How easy it is to avoid what is supposed to be a shipkiller.

That's actually plausible - if you consider that the purpose of those giant beam cannons is to take on Galleon-sized ships. Something small and manoeuvrable (along with most likely having some kind of stealth, since they only open fire at 4 kilometres - which in space is kissing distance) would be able to move faster than it can track.

On 2021-03-01 at 2:20 AM, minininja77 said:

25 years of online gaming has shown me that when the Devs are making big changes that are going forward come hell or high water and that have the potential to upset a large number of the player base all the testing is done closed as any and all feedback ends up being more or less useless for them.

I dunno about that. Railjack is a ghost town. You're not going to upset a large amount of the playerbase for a game mode that's basically never touched.

On 2021-03-01 at 5:08 AM, CaptainMinty said:

I too share your dislike of Crewships. But only because I have to get out of my chair, jump into my other chair, and fire a big gun at them. What is the point of my missile launcher if I have to use the bloody artillery cannon on specifically what equates to a troop transport?

It's worse than that, because crewships are pretty much the same size as our railjack. It's pretty damning if the turreted guns on our supposedly highly advanced lost technology spaceships can't kill a ship of the same size from a much more primitive faction, but the turreted guns on the primitive ship *can* kill ours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but wonder why our ship can be wrecked to hell by a Crewship's projectiles but aren't affected by our guns (aside from forward artillery).

Hell when you Hijack a Crewship it also does scratch damage to other Crewships, I could understand Crewships taking a beating and being repaired from the inside like our Railjack, but to do no damage at all just seems...odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I can't help but wonder why our ship can be wrecked to hell by a Crewship's projectiles but aren't affected by our guns (aside from forward artillery).

Hell when you Hijack a Crewship it also does scratch damage to other Crewships, I could understand Crewships taking a beating and being repaired from the inside like our Railjack, but to do no damage at all just seems...odd.

Gameplay reasons.

You need a reason to use forward Artillery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Gameplay reasons.

You need a reason to use forward Artillery.

I mean arguably the reason could have been "Kill the Crewship quicker" and still have the other fallbacks should one not have been able to make artillery charges, but fair enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Gameplay reasons.

You need a reason to use forward Artillery.

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

I mean arguably the reason could have been "Kill the Crewship quicker" and still have the other fallbacks should one not have been able to make artillery charges, but fair enough. 

Frankly, I enjoy hijacking Crewships, but DE somehow decides that hijacking them would be less rewarding than destroying them. They should make it make rewarding, similar to how the game of FTL (Faster Than Light) implements this. Killing the crew of an enemy ship will always reward you more than destroying the ship, along with the chances of offering you a random crewmember, weapon, or augmentation.

Over to Warframe, Crewships could contain a friendly NPC you can rescue and recruit. Perhaps Caches on board the Crewship, from resources to even large Credit Caches (50k-100k range). Think of the large Credit cache as a callback to the Treasury Ship alerts back in the day.

But first things first, the Fighters and Crewships kill requirement should be removed. The Points of Interests should be the main priority, while Fighters and/or Crewships will spawn continuously and scale to put some consistent pressure on our Railjacks. This was seen in Devstream 150 from last December.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Frankly, I enjoy hijacking Crewships, but DE somehow decides that hijacking them would be less rewarding than destroying them. They should make it make rewarding, similar to how the game of FTL (Faster Than Light) implements this. Killing the crew of an enemy ship will always reward you more than destroying the ship, along with the chances of offering you a random crewmember, weapon, or augmentation.

Over to Warframe, Crewships could contain a friendly NPC you can rescue and recruit. Perhaps Caches on board the Crewship, from resources to even large Credit Caches (50k-100k range). Think of the large Credit cache as a callback to the Treasury Ship alerts back in the day.

But first things first, the Fighters and Crewships kill requirement should be removed. The Points of Interests should be the main priority, while Fighters and/or Crewships will spawn continuously and scale to put some consistent pressure on our Railjacks. This was seen in Devstream 150 from last December.

Oh man, that's a great idea!

I like the idea of giving you a one-mission bonus if you do certain objectives, like infinite ammo or a friendly crewship spawning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Frankly, I enjoy hijacking Crewships, but DE somehow decides that hijacking them would be less rewarding than destroying them. They should make it make rewarding, similar to how the game of FTL (Faster Than Light) implements this. Killing the crew of an enemy ship will always reward you more than destroying the ship, along with the chances of offering you a random crewmember, weapon, or augmentation.

Over to Warframe, Crewships could contain a friendly NPC you can rescue and recruit. Perhaps Caches on board the Crewship, from resources to even large Credit Caches (50k-100k range). Think of the large Credit cache as a callback to the Treasury Ship alerts back in the day.

But first things first, the Fighters and Crewships kill requirement should be removed. The Points of Interests should be the main priority, while Fighters and/or Crewships will spawn continuously and scale to put some consistent pressure on our Railjacks. This was seen in Devstream 150 from last December.

Yeah, its one of the issues I have. The area becomes dead space when you finish the kill quota.

And for hijacking the Crewships, caches could work. Maybe even more Resources like Titanium (which is only gotten by asteroid) could be in those ships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Frankly, I enjoy hijacking Crewships, but DE somehow decides that hijacking them would be less rewarding than destroying them. They should make it make rewarding, similar to how the game of FTL (Faster Than Light) implements this. Killing the crew of an enemy ship will always reward you more than destroying the ship, along with the chances of offering you a random crewmember, weapon, or augmentation.

Over to Warframe, Crewships could contain a friendly NPC you can rescue and recruit. Perhaps Caches on board the Crewship, from resources to even large Credit Caches (50k-100k range). Think of the large Credit cache as a callback to the Treasury Ship alerts back in the day.

But first things first, the Fighters and Crewships kill requirement should be removed. The Points of Interests should be the main priority, while Fighters and/or Crewships will spawn continuously and scale to put some consistent pressure on our Railjacks. This was seen in Devstream 150 from last December.

I'd also be an advocate of a "Scrap Bonus" if you have leftover crewships lying around at the end of a mission they can be "sold" in a sense by giving extra rewards, I mean picture flying up to Cetus with a Crewship and saying "Ya'll want to salvage this thing?".

Obviously that's just a rough concept, but stealing enemy ships for data/salvage seems like it would be fairly sensible considering the setting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd also be an advocate of a "Scrap Bonus" if you have leftover crewships lying around at the end of a mission they can be "sold" in a sense by giving extra rewards, I mean picture flying up to Cetus with a Crewship and saying "Ya'll want to salvage this thing?".

Obviously that's just a rough concept, but stealing enemy ships for data/salvage seems like it would be fairly sensible considering the setting.

Nah, Wall Meat people wont know what to do with it.

But we can give them to Solaris. Maybe have it give some rep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nah, Wall Meat people wont know what to do with it.

But we can give them to Solaris. Maybe have it give some rep.

Hey they use Grineer scrap for their Zaws, maybe they could turn it into cookware or something.

Wait...Wall Meat people are Deimos, I said Cetus right -checks- yep, definitely said Cetus.

Edited by Aldain
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Hey they use Grineer scrap for their Zaws, maybe they could turn it into cookware or something.

Wait...Wall Meat people are Deimos, I said Cetus right -checks- yep, definitely said Cetus.

Deimos are Ground Flesh people. 

Cetus are Wall Meat people because they eat the meat of the Walls of the Tower. Tower Meat would be less confusing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Deimos are Ground Flesh people. 

Cetus are Wall Meat people because they eat the meat of the Walls of the Tower. Tower Meat would be less confusing.

Must have missed that tidbit of lore...

I wonder if the Deimos Crew could make discount Necramechs out of crewships...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...