Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are all the "worth while" rewards warframe has to offer?

Joezone619

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Quantaminum:

IMO, none.

Normally, online games have some sort of loop where you: farm gear > so you can beat a challenging(?) piece of content > so you can get some resource/better gear > to beat said content even faster, and that whole process takes months until you're done doing that with whatever characters are relevant to you.

Warframe doesn't have challenging missions that require specific, min-maxed gear and, to make things worse, no relevant rewards for anyone who's been playing for a few hundred hours.

It's really just a game to shut your brain off and relax.

I'll answer to this one, even though there are tons of comments like this. Warframe is not challenging, because you chose to look at the internet and copy builds from other people. The hivemind internet has helped you conquer the challenges of the game. Try Steel Path with only stacking Melee damage and put no elemental, crit or other mods in it and tell me that this is easy.

Warframe is a horde game, there are thousands of games like this. Is Diablo 3 a difficult game? No! Is it fun? Yes it is. Same goes for Destiny 2, Borderlands and other looter shooters. You copy & paste info from the internet, which makes all these games very, very easy.

Ask the thousands of casual gamers in Warframe if this game is easy. How many do you think play Steel Path? People who only play this game for a bit of fun, without minmaxing or modding correctly, have difficulties in the Sortie.

And while we are at it: Which PVE game really offers a challenge these days? If the developers choose to give the enemies more dmg and health, people will say "OMG, they are bullet sponges now, cant you implement real difficulty?" But how does that look like? You want AI that is as smart as yourself?

You don't believe me? Watch the uproar when melee gets nerfed a tiny bit. When not every hit will stagger the enemy and they can actually fight back. The forums will be full of people who will complain. Because in the very end of the day, noone is really interested in a challenge. They want to feel good about themselves. They want to feel special. They want to feel like only they can conquer the game. You already took that away from yourself when you decided to copy & paste other builds. There is no shame in it and only you decide how to play the game. But do not get all the help you can from the internet and claim there is no challenge after.

For me, kuva (even when I hate rivens and never ever use them because they are like diablo 3 stats, full rmg without real progression, just pure luck), void traces (something that a lot of people never have enough, specially veterans like me with hundreds of vaulted relics), rivens itselfs and riven slivers, formas, reactors and catalysts (not needed as much, but always handy to test and even alleviate mr level up of trash weapons or disliked frames).

If I have to chose from all of that, im super up for kuva 5k at least, void traces 100 at least, riven slivers 1 since you are limited on daily usage anyways, endo 3k at least, credits 250k at least, 1 fully built forma at least.

Any of those will keep me playing a mission like forever. I always have relics to open, rivens to sell for plat, primed mods to max for profit, never have enough formas (spent 20 formas in the past 5 days) and I can stand the kuva that I will never use if the rest of the stuff its on the table as well.

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Warframe is not challenging, because you chose to look at the internet and copy builds from other people.

What about for people like me, who don't copy builds and still wind up feeling bored because even the barely passable mess I make of my equipment is still hilariously strong compared to what is on offer?

Why is it still effortless for the people who DON'T copy/paste and unga-bunga through missions all the same, just with less gross overkill?

Even the games you listed had some degree of execution to their mechanics, but Warframe actively negates its own mechanics by making them trivial, why use the wonderful mobility system when you can kill things so fast you don't need to dodge, or can literally become invincible or permanently invisible making dodging more of a novelty than a requirement.

The worst part is the content of the game is fast approaching a point where it can only support two playstyles in any fashion, ESO style "KILL KILL KILL" missions with failure tied to not killing fast enough or things like the Glassmaker, a boss that completely disables everything BUT your movement mechanics making all the gear a player has obtained worthless.

Warframe isn't just easy, it is effortlessly easy, and not only is it effortlessly easy, but it is imbalanced to the point that of the myriad options supposedly in the game many are overlooked, ignored and written off because the game has been diluted down to a completely soulless grind due years of rampant power creep.

7 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

For me, kuva really seems like the only reward DE has that's worth getting in the long run. Sure you have fancy cosmetics, new weapons and guns, and stuff. But all of those are just 1-off buys. you only need to buy them once.

So I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what rewards in warframe are worth going after to them.

Without including rewards you only NEED to get once.

"Worthwhile" that's progressive? That's a loaded question but I'll bite. My answer is every single resource in the game.

- Helminth is progressive and dynamic so I need to feed that dude.

- Arbi points, night wave credits and void traces keep my kuva, forma, nitain, and endo stocks healthy.

- Still need those Edolon pieces for my amps. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Aldain:

What about for people like me, who don't copy builds and still wind up feeling bored because even the barely passable mess I make of my equipment is still hilariously strong compared to what is on offer?

Why is it still effortless for the people who DON'T copy/paste and unga-bunga through missions all the same, just with less gross overkill?

Even the games you listed had some degree of execution to their mechanics, but Warframe actively negates its own mechanics by making them trivial, why use the wonderful mobility system when you can kill things so fast you don't need to dodge, or can literally become invincible or permanently invisible making dodging more of a novelty than a requirement.

The worst part is the content of the game is fast approaching a point where it can only support two playstyles in any fashion, ESO style "KILL KILL KILL" missions with failure tied to not killing fast enough or things like the Glassmaker, a boss that completely disables everything BUT your movement mechanics making all the gear a player has obtained worthless.

Warframe isn't just easy, it is effortlessly easy, and not only is it effortlessly easy, but it is imbalanced to the point that of the myriad options supposedly in the game many are overlooked, ignored and written off because the game has been diluted down to a completely soulless grind due years of rampant power creep.

Please make sure to copy the whole quote next time and don't just randomly pick one half of a sentence. I chose to write more than one sentence for a reason.

Other than that, I know nothing about you. Are you playing Steel Path? Are  you playing it solo? Do you never die in this game? Have you ever tried to reach the max level (doable in Disruption in about 2,5 hours)? Have you done it solo?

If you have not done all those things without even taking a blink at formulas and basic knowledge in the wiki, I can't take you serious on what you wrote.

Even if everything you wrote is true and you have done all the challenges the game has to offer, then you might be a great player, putting a lot of effort into this game and it might explain that you are only MR20. I know I would not be capable of doing the right builds for every situation without the internet and the formulas on the wiki. Because that would be way too much work and testing in a game that I just want to play. And I know hundreds of players personally who share this kind of experience and knowledge with me and need help as much as I do.

But since you seem to be such a great player, there are numerous ways to challenge yourself in Warframe. Just play Steel Path without mods and let us see how well you do and make a video about your journey.

Sadly, I cannot open your profile, I only get an Aldain MR8, which is clearly not you (since you are Silver Tiger), but I have bet you put at least 300 hours into the game. And now tell me, after 300 hours, which PVE game does not feel easy for you? I dont know about you, but I have personally mastered Ninja Gaiden on higest difficulty, played Demon Souls and other PVE games which are considered difficult and they were not that difficult for me after I put in enough hours to get good in them. Why should Warframe be a different beast?

And if you invested 300 hours in Warframe and now think it is no fun, because everything is too easy, is it not a great achievement for a game to keep you playing for so long? I know I have invested less than 300 hours in Witcher games and I still think they are awesome. I never had the idea to run into the Witcher forums and complain they are too easy for me.

Long story made short: Just read all those complaints about people going nuts over the tiny melee nerf that might be about to happen and consider another perspective for a bit. Because it certainly seems like there are enough players who think Warframe is a huge challenge if they complain about a melee nerf, doesn't it?

37 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Long story made short: Just read all those complaints about people going nuts over the tiny melee nerf that might be about to happen and consider another perspective for a bit. Because it certainly seems like there are enough players who think Warframe is a huge challenge if they complain about a melee nerf, doesn't it?

The thing is, both sides of the argument are right.

Warframe is engaging when you start out. If you go solo, with no free mods and plat, unlocking the star map is even really challenging at certain points and you have boatload of studying and reading wikipedia to do. Energy and health regen are issues. The open worlds are tough and another ramp up in difficulty. Going public is utterly pointless as you'll just be wandering through empty corridors trying to keep up with the zone of annihilation zooming ahead (or worse, corridors of angry and alerted enemies who take out their frustration on the hapless newbie who hasn't figured out that ignoring and bullet-jumping past enemies is an option). You can not even dream of solo'ing your first Sorties and Arbitrations. Steel Path is the mother of all gear checks.

These people asking for nerfs must be crazy, no? This S#&$ is hard!

However, when you have all the right key-pieces in place all this is utterly gone. You won't even notice the difference between SP and normal enemies as your damage-output still obliterates them at the max-level. You'll also find that those lvl 10K enemies, whether through frame abilities and/or using shieldgating (with or without brief respite and dragon key) can not touch you. In fact, you're at the point that when push comes to shove nothing could possibly be designed, it is literally impossible, that can offer your frames and weapons engaging gameplay anymore and the time between mission start and end has become meaningless.

Those people who think this must not be nerfed are either crazy or the type of player which enjoys playing games with all cheat codes enabled, no? There is no longer a game to play!

Anyway, both sides are right, and the concerns of both sides can actually be addressed.

Cosmetics are great. What I mean is you just farm for them once and you be done with that whatever boring crap content forever. All other kinds of farming just get more and more boring and the farming isn't even that interesting in the first place.

Uhm... Platinum?

You know, to buy literally anything you want (aside from some cosmetics) the moment it comes out, rush stuff, be overall convenient? Although if you invest regularly in microtransactions then you do not need to grind for it.

Despite of how much I respect DE for their decision to make the premium currency tradeable thus enabling true F2P, it always seemed backwards: if you like the game a lot and you can afford it, you would want to support the devs. But if you buy plats, then there is not much of a game to play. Fashionframe is the only game goal to have 🤷‍♀️

(Off: Ever since trading became a thing, this was the case. Beforehand you endlessly had to grind and couldn't get most stuff even if you payed. I had a friend with 300+ hours but not a single drop of Serration. He had a goal to play for, not a great one, but at least something. He quit the game soon after he got it though 😛)

Entertaining Fun.

it's what games are supposed to deliver and WF delivers it, IMO/IME.

That's the only reward an entertainment vehicle is designed to produce, Entertainment, and as a game, one hopes for some Fun as well, IME/IMO.

If it's fun, play it, if not, find a game that is fun.

11 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I'll answer to this one, even though there are tons of comments like this. Warframe is not challenging, because you chose to look at the internet and copy builds from other people. The hivemind internet has helped you conquer the challenges of the game. Try Steel Path with only stacking Melee damage and put no elemental, crit or other mods in it and tell me that this is easy.

Warframe is a horde game, there are thousands of games like this. Is Diablo 3 a difficult game? No! Is it fun? Yes it is. Same goes for Destiny 2, Borderlands and other looter shooters. You copy & paste info from the internet, which makes all these games very, very easy.

Ask the thousands of casual gamers in Warframe if this game is easy. How many do you think play Steel Path? People who only play this game for a bit of fun, without minmaxing or modding correctly, have difficulties in the Sortie.

And while we are at it: Which PVE game really offers a challenge these days? If the developers choose to give the enemies more dmg and health, people will say "OMG, they are bullet sponges now, cant you implement real difficulty?" But how does that look like? You want AI that is as smart as yourself?

You don't believe me? Watch the uproar when melee gets nerfed a tiny bit. When not every hit will stagger the enemy and they can actually fight back. The forums will be full of people who will complain. Because in the very end of the day, noone is really interested in a challenge. They want to feel good about themselves. They want to feel special. They want to feel like only they can conquer the game. You already took that away from yourself when you decided to copy & paste other builds. There is no shame in it and only you decide how to play the game. But do not get all the help you can from the internet and claim there is no challenge after.

That's quite a bold, baseless assumption on how I play the game. You really seem to be on a vendetta against people who like some challenge, or who are good at the game.

I think last time I had to copy a build was back in 2017, to farm focus in Adaro (about 1 month after I started playing the game). Haven't needed to copy any builds since.

Warframe is not challenging, and that's okay.

If you have to tie your hands and gimp your builds to experience some degree of challenge in this game, then this only proves how easy this game truly is.

I'm not mad about it tho and I'm not implying Warframe should have frustrating levels of challenge.

It's just how Warframe is designed: a fairly accessible and relaxing experience for anyone who bothers learning and making use of some of the poorly explained game mechanics. This is just something I've come to accept over time, so I don't set unrealistic expectations about new content.

Until there's a major overhaul on the game mechanics and how they interact with each other, I won't ever expect to see a challenge in this game.

As for people complaining, there are normally two sides on those topics. If I were DE, I'd just stick to changes for a while to see how/if they community adapts to them, instead of pulling back immediately (slash nerf in IPS changes).

"You want AI that is as smart as yourself?"

Quote is @Dunkleheit

Play DmC, you will fail a mission because you messed up "difficulty" not because enemy rng damage decided it was time for you to take damage

I dont know why people think flipping a coin to damage a player (enemy rng accuracy), or shooting an enemy an extra 1trillion times = difficulty.

Like omg, the coin landed on tails meaning ill take 1,000 damage!! Oh no thats so hard!! How ever will i get better at this? Rng is so hard!

Or

Omg! I had to shoot that enemy in the head for 3 whole days!! Non stop! The enemy wasnt moving or anything, he was staying completely still and i just had to keep shooting! Hardest thing ive ever done in mah life!

Like do you also think 1+1=17? No? Cause thats how ridiculous it is to think any of that above makes a mission difficult....

Clearly players want things like their mental skills (things like reflexes and memory recalling) and hand to eye coordination to be challenged... 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Quantaminum:

That's quite a bold, baseless assumption on how I play the game. You really seem to be on a vendetta against people who like some challenge, or who are good at the game.

I think last time I had to copy a build was back in 2017, to farm focus in Adaro (about 1 month after I started playing the game). Haven't needed to copy any builds since.

Warframe is not challenging, and that's okay.

If you have to tie your hands and gimp your builds to experience some degree of challenge in this game, then this only proves how easy this game truly is.

I'm not mad about it tho and I'm not implying Warframe should have frustrating levels of challenge.

It's just how Warframe is designed: a fairly accessible and relaxing experience for anyone who bothers learning and making use of some of the poorly explained game mechanics. This is just something I've come to accept over time, so I don't set unrealistic expectations about new content.

Until there's a major overhaul on the game mechanics and how they interact with each other, I won't ever expect to see a challenge in this game.

As for people complaining, there are normally two sides on those topics. If I were DE, I'd just stick to changes for a while to see how/if they community adapts to them, instead of pulling back immediately (slash nerf in IPS changes).

Actually I liked your posting and you are right, but I have no Vendetta against people who are good at the game, why do you think so? The game is fairly easy for me as well, sometimes I die though and I have not done a 9999 run solo.

More or less you and I wrote the same thing. There are many games which are fun, but not really difficult. ARPGs for example. Warframe is one of those as well. But they are also "easy", because most people copy the best builds. If you had to figure it all out for yourself, you would need a lot of time and dedication to get to the level where we are now.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Clearly players want their mental skills (things like reflexes and memory recalling) and hand to eye coordination to be challenged...

Then, clearly, those players should use their mental skills (things like research and reading) to find a game that challenges them in the way they desire, rather than trying to force a specific game to cater to them when it does not.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

rather than trying to force

Absurd to say force than to say suggest, nothing wrong with suggestions. Its up to developer to decide if they want their game to include it and how much of it

People say the gameplay is boring, enemies are not interesting, heres a suggestion

More players happy, the game grows its playerbase, game attracts more people interested in game design and such (game gains potential to get better), massive win

20 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

For me, kuva really seems like the only reward DE has that's worth getting in the long run. Sure you have fancy cosmetics, new weapons and guns, and stuff. But all of those are just 1-off buys. you only need to buy them once.

So I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what rewards in warframe are worth going after to them.

no

20 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Def kuva, roll rivens, make platinum, its a good time

Prime part farming kind of helps with plat so that i can trade with players and dont have to do content that i dont feel like doing 

Umbra formas are lovely too, id actually want for those to stay rare tbh.

Really look forward to another umbra warframe, i dont care if every warframe doesnt get a umbra version, i just want atleast 4 total. Excal umbra + melee, another for primary, secondary, and companion

After that, id be cool with just umbra skins for other warframes. The question is, who should get umbra versions, and should they play a part in more of the story?

The GAME itself is the reward for me.

No other game has been as gracious and giving that my time in it has never felt wasted or cheated. It gives me an escape from the real while also being an area of constant glee. 

From seeing what will be added to complaints from the community, it all is possible for having a place that has given so much. YouTube/Twitchers that have been able to make channels based around this being the main feed to those who cosplay or craft or art having a base to do this off of. Loreheads and music beings crafting possible outcomes and scores to have others listen to the sounds is all becoming from the inspiration of this game.

Having a universe being crafted before us that has we playing a part and fitting in the realm of someones dreams forged is a feeling of unity that i have not had in a video game since my days of playing Street Fighter 2 in Arcades back in the 90s. It gives the right feel good energy and sense of growing with others that says it is more than just pixels and programs. Its an adventure that imma ride til the wheels fall off...or the ON switch goes to OFF. 

Cheers 🥂

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Clearly players want things like their mental skills (things like reflexes and memory recalling) and hand to eye coordination to be challenged... 

And there’s nothing wrong with this desire, the problem is Warframe just isn’t suited for it. This is a grinding game where you’re asked to repeat the same mission over and over and over. If the missions were super challenging, the whole game would have to be restructured.

I want you to think about how long it took you to farm Wisp. Now imagine if the Ropalolyst was actually difficult to beat, adding at least double the amount of time to that farm. That would not be fun. And this isn’t even a good example, try applying that same logic to Khora’s farm, or Protea’s.

An isolated game mode could exist to provide players their challenge fix, but the core game just isn’t built for that.

I think someone said it very well earlier in the thread, WF is a great game to just turn your brain off and have fun, it’s not meant to challenge you.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

And there’s nothing wrong with this desire, the problem is Warframe just isn’t suited for it.

I think Nox enemies disagree, it feels fine in wf as opposed to killing a grineer butcher

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Now imagine if the Ropalolyst was actually difficult to beat, adding at least double the amount of time to that farm. That would not be fun

Youre supposed to add more reward for more difficulty, DE understands as shown in steel path, u should know this

A harder version of roplayst should purpose a chance to drop a second wisp part, or give you currency that will eventually let you buy the part you want while also letting you have the chance of getting lucky

Like the stalker beacon does for example

Thats the fun in it, and fits warframe just fine enough to where everybody wins

Archived