Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think lavos should lose 1/4 of his passive ability if you replace one of his abilities with a subsumed ability

Oreades

OK so playing around with Lavos and really didn't care for his 1 so I replaced it with Dispenser for the absolute memes and later noticed that holding 1 for his toxin is greyed out and nolonger accessible because of that change? 

I mean I get not disallowing the infusion of the subsumed ability with elements etc because that would require a lot more balance passing that I'm sure anyone want's to do..... but cutting off the elemental charge for his other abilities is a super confusing design choice. As it removes 1/4 of the elemental combo options for your 4. 

Some subsumed abilities have "hold" action as well. So it's obvious that you change "whole" part.

Sure, I guess it might be possible to pick only one part (e.g. only "quick" Hydroid's barrage) but that's not so obvious.

22 minutes ago, quxier said:

Some subsumed abilities have "hold" action as well. So it's obvious that you change "whole" part.

Sure, I guess it might be possible to pick only one part (e.g. only "quick" Hydroid's barrage) but that's not so obvious.

I mean at the very least I'd think it wouldn't be difficult to flag the abilities with charge mechanics and either disallow them or have a UI prompt that warns that this ability conflicts with Lavos's passive. Instead of just blanket disabling it for every ability -ascii shrug- 

Complex problems call for complex solutions and this seems like the kind of thing that should have been tackled during the frames development phase. 

Archived