Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are the major events so few and far between?

Chad1661

Anyone have an ideas why there are so few major Warframe events , like the one for Railjack (Scarlet Spear), the one for the mechs (Orphix Venum) and then there was the one for on POE (Operation Plague Star?).   These major events have their own rewards where you earn some sort of points that can be used to purchase from the custom reward center.    It's been a over a year since the last Plague Star (Jan 2020) and until Orphix Venum, there was a major hiatus in major events as the previous was Scarlet Spear that ended in April 2020.   Maybe is was a side effect of COVID-19 work restrictions?  Or was it DE reeling from the poor response for Scarlet Spear?   Perhaps it was DE focusing on releasing Deimos and Mechs?    It just seems like it would have been an easy thing to set up to re-run Plague Star last summer or the fall.  As a Warframe veteran, I look forward to the events as they give us something different to do.   

It did not seem like there was much enthusiasm over the Scarlet Spear event, so I can understand DE not bringing it back, even though it was supposed to be recurring event like Plague Star.    Personally, I felt that the SS gameplay did not live up to the hype and needs some rework before bringing it back.  My biggest complaints were that the Railjack's was restricted due to moving a satellite, there needed to be better visual understanding about what was going on between the two teams,  it was almost impossible to get the team rewards unless you were part of an organized group that was willing to play for the 90 minutes required or you happened to grab an open slot at the right time in the right group.   

Orphin Venum, however,  seemed like a well received event and good step forward for Warframe in 2021

Operation: Plague Star is a recurring event introduced Update 22.3, where players are tasked to destroy an Infested meteorite that crashes in the Plains of Eidolon, with its passengers threatening to overwhelm both Ostron and Grineer alike. On the PC build, the event originally began on November 15, 2017 and ran until November 27, 2017.

Unlike most events in WARFRAME, Operation: Plague Star is a recurring event, with the Infested "boil" regrowing every several months and the Tenno are called on to cull it once more.

Operation: Scarlet Spear is an event released on March 24, 2020 on PC and ended on April 28, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. ET.

Operation: Orphix Venom is the second Sentient invasion against the Origin System as part of The New War story arc. This event pits the Tenno's Necramechs against Sentient enemies with Grineer and Corpus caught in the crossfire in normal tilesets.

The event lasted from December 18, 2020 2:50 PM ET to January 18, 2021 2:00 PM ET on PC

hace 49 minutos, Chad1661 dijo:

Anyone have an ideas why there are so few major Warframe events

The world if we knew that:

future.jpg

hace 50 minutos, Chad1661 dijo:

Unlike most events in WARFRAME, Operation: Plague Star is a recurring event, with the Infested "boil" regrowing every several months and the Tenno are called on to cull it once more.

They said they are not planing on bringing Plague Star back in the near future (I guess it was because of the free forma), this is why the rewards came back in other events like the plague zaws in Nights of Naberus.

From what I understood Orphix is being rolled into the new Corpus railjack missions. And they are still looking to make Scarlet Spear work, but the tech needs to be rejiggered a lot for that. They do have other events, like the ghouls in PoE and the fissures on the Orb Vallis.

But these things can take a lot of time to work out. Plague Star was basically just a walking Lephantis popping up on PoE. I do think they should let it show up again though. But they also seem to be focusing more on Nightwave missions instead.

Plus I think they are few and far between because they take time away from making the other stuff they are working on. The company can only focus in so many directions.

Archived