Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kills while on KDrive are not counting for Nightwave

nslay

One logical way to do this daily is through abilities that persist while on KDrive. I am killing enemies with Gara's Shatter Shield while on KDrive and it's not counting for Nightwave.

Or through a weapon like Zenistar which has a disk which can persist while riding a KDrive (see EDIT2).

Apparently, you can kill enemies by landing on them with KDrive (see EDIT3). These direct kills using the KDrive itself as a weapon while riding a KDrive don't count either.

EDIT: Doesn't work for Khora and Strangledome either.

"Kill 0 / 20 enemies while on KDrive" ... I feel like maybe you need to be more specific here? Are you asking us to kill enemies a very specific way? Because I am killing enemies while on KDrive.

Here's a dead enemy while riding a KDrive

Spoiler

Trqolmu.jpg

And here's 0/20 still...

Spoiler

OVO2Lw1.jpg

You can still see the dead corpse on the ground. Yeah, he was killed while riding a KDrive.

EDIT2: It doesn't work with melee kills from Zenistar while riding a KDrive.

Here's Chroma riding a KDrive and the disk is killing enemies... and it's still not counting.

Spoiler

toSfRH5.jpg

EDIT3: See Chroma with 3 dead bodies around him from landing on top of enemies with his KDrive and killing them... so the KDrive is directly being used as a weapon.

Spoiler

fCtMZ67.jpg

See? It still doesn't count!

Spoiler

ZdRKVh2.jpg

I can't get secondary weapons to work.  When I press my weapon swap key, the secondary briefly unholsters, but releasing the key makes it go right back to holster.  I haven't found a way to shoot.  What am I doing wrong here?  I've basically avoided k-drives for years, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

17 minutes ago, Grey_Fenn said:

I can't get secondary weapons to work.  When I press my weapon swap key, the secondary briefly unholsters, but releasing the key makes it go right back to holster.  I haven't found a way to shoot.  What am I doing wrong here?  I've basically avoided k-drives for years, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Just solved this - there are 2 options in keybinds 'Switch Weapon' and 'Switch Gun'.  I was using 'Switch Gun' which does not work.  Using the key bound to 'Switch Weapon' worked fine.

5 hours ago, Togotica said:

You need to use the Trail Blazer mod on your K-Drive to get the kills.

That apparently doesn't work either...

12 hours ago, sketch2002 said:

Trail Blazer killing them doesn't count either. I haven't been able to get credit for any kills yet. Anyone find a method that counts?

Yep the same confusion happens with the survive for 30 minutes kuva survival nightwave challenge when people were doing kuva siphon challenge asking why it wasn't counting. They should really reword it to make it more clear as to what counts, simply changing it to say weapon kills is enough to fix it.

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

And once again the daily challenge for today has this same exact problem. Says play 0/1 emote. Okay I do so in the orbiter yet it doesn't count. 

It needs to be in mission, bad wording. You can go to an open world area like Cambion Drift and play the emote there.

On 2021-03-02 at 4:51 PM, (PSN)Shieldmaiden83 said:

This daily is bugged. In another thread I found out oh you can use secondaries by just using same button as you swap weapons. Me today....well f... me I can't get to work pressing down the triangle key on my controller (PS4)

What am I doing wrong?

@nslay Press F while on K-Drive to use pistol, its always been in the game, people just never knew about it.

23 minutes ago, itsNinjaToast said:

@nslay Press F while on K-Drive to use pistol, its always been in the game, people just never knew about it.

Actually, no, it wasn't always in the game. You could never use any weapon before with K-Drives. It was added with Deimos.

Here is the relevant blurb from patch notes

On 2020-08-25 at 3:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For a while, we have received periodic requests to make weapons functional on K-Drives, and as a result, we have made Secondary Weapons usable while you glide in style!

So there you go... after years of K-Drives without any weapon support, this feature was added to the game 6 months ago (end of August 2020 to beginning of march 2021). It was described in a single sentence in a very large collection of patch notes.

They could have done this a lot better.... Like you could either automatically equip your secondary when mounting the K-Drive, or they could have added a small text hint "Press <hot key> to switch weapons" when mounting the K-Drive. Instead, they gave us a single sentence mentioning this in this gigantic set of patch notes:

So everybody like me who has known FOR YEARS that you could never use weapons on K-Drives, would immediately know that you now can without parsing dense patch notes for a single sentence in a large update about a vehicle NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

20 minutes ago, nslay said:

Actually, no, it wasn't always in the game. You could never use any weapon before with K-Drives. It was added with Deimos.

Here is the relevant blurb from patch notes

So there you go... after years of K-Drives without any weapon support, this feature was added to the game 6 months ago (end of August 2020 to beginning of march 2021). It was described in a single sentence in a very large collection of patch notes.

They could have done this a lot better.... Like you could either automatically equip your secondary when mounting the K-Drive, or they could have added a small text hint "Press <hot key> to switch weapons" when mounting the K-Drive. Instead, they gave us a single sentence mentioning this in this gigantic set of patch notes:

So everybody like me who has known FOR YEARS that you could never use weapons on K-Drives, would immediately know that you now can without parsing dense patch notes for a single sentence in a large update about a vehicle NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

Then i Always tho it was in the game, and yes i actually used it by accident once, reason i assumed it was always in it, but anyway i can send you screenshots it worked anyways if yours still bugged

Archived