Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disparity between Console and PC

(XBOX)Ux ACE xU

I just would like to put the feedback out there that i think its actually bonkers that PC gets the prime sets for so much cheaper than 

console AND also offer bundled offers for Frame and accessories. To date i have bought every prime access to support the development of this game

but its getting so expensive now with the last price update. 

I think its time to match prices or at least offer a cheaper bundled price.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

I just would like to put the feedback out there that i think its actually bonkers that PC gets the prime sets for so much cheaper than 

console AND also offer bundled offers for Frame and accessories. To date i have bought every prime access to support the development of this game

Agreed

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

Wait, the price gets changed on console? I have never seen the listed price change for PC. The exchange rate does change, but that’s not on DE’s end.

Console gets platinum in their accessory pack, PC does not. They may be problematic for console stores with what they take a cut of.

If I recall correctly console prices vary depending on the region/country. So, unless OP provides the actual price difference and recent price update they are refering to I'd refrain from doing so too. For example where I live the only price change I ever noticed was roughly doubling the prices of all platinum packs ages ago if I remember that properly and Prime Packs did always cost the same in all my years and everything is taxed.

Provide the numbers, OP.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

At least one thing we're not paying is the tax on these purchases.

Are you sure? Can't speak for XBL but on PSN the only packs you don't pay tax on are ones that are strictly plat and nothing else. It used to be that way at one point or another but not anymore. Really annoying too with the biggest plat pack at $149.99 since the max limit for a PSN wallet is $150 and at least a while back was unpurchasable (unless on sale) due to tax added exceeding the wallet amount. Dunno if that ever got sorted either as I just stopped bothering and switched to getting PA's once in a while (so much more included aside from plat and $10 cheaper). Really wish they'd just strip the Nightmare mods out of the $50/100/150 packs, really no point to them and they're certainly not worth the tax incurred.

Edit: Still $79.99 for P Access and $59.99 for P Accessories on PSN as it's always been, fwiw. Would figure this has to be some regional discrepancy.

On 2021-03-01 at 7:17 PM, (PSN)Deeceem said:

If I recall correctly console prices vary depending on the region/country. So, unless OP provides the actual price difference and recent price update they are refering to I'd refrain from doing so too. For example where I live the only price change I ever noticed was roughly doubling the prices of all platinum packs ages ago if I remember that properly and Prime Packs did always cost the same in all my years and everything is taxed.

Provide the numbers, OP.

Let me grab them for you. First one is PC, Second one is Xbox. Sorry it took so long, i had to set up Imgur.

O55eb8c.jpg

FVYga7w.jpgLu9YyhO.jpg

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

If i had to guess, this would be because of 'Console tax'. Eg: Consoles probbly have a additional purchase cost for DLC offered. This might also be why they offer less options, asthere may be a fee for uploading different packs.

You see the latter in games that offer lots of small DLC. On steam, they might do 30 £2 DLCs, but on console you might only get 3 sets of 5 DLCs.

I doubt its just DE marking up the prices for no reason.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

Talk to Microsoft, DE are charging you the same price as PC users, and Microsoft are adding their tax on top of that.

Just be glad you don’t have to deal with the Nintentax. Their economy has been obliterated.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

Let me grab them for you. First 2 are Xbox, Second one is PC. Sorry it took so long, i had to set up Imgur.

i think you mean..... PC first, Xbox second? since the later Images there are the Microsoft Store.

anyways....... it's literally cheaper on Console than PC, in your own Images. buying just the Warframe and Weapons is like $2 more expensive for whatever reason, but $36 cheaper if you also buy Prime Accessories.

*confused*

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i think you mean..... PC first, Xbox second? since the later Images there are the Microsoft Store.

anyways....... it's literally cheaper on Console than PC, in your own Images. buying just the Warframe and Weapons is like $2 more expensive for whatever reason, but $36 cheaper if you also buy Prime Accessories.

*confused*

They dont seem to have a Prime Frame + Accessories bundle.

Might be Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo getting their cut of the pie.

tennogen on consoles is obtainable via platinum so i would guess you don't get the bundle with more platinum so you would buy more of it, meanwhile on PC you cannot obtain tennogen with platinum but DE and creators and steam get a cut.

atleast that would be my guess, microsoft or sony might also have a hand in it and they just follow thier intructions.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kaotyke:

They dont seem to have a Prime Frame + Accessories bundle.

Might be Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo getting their cut of the pie.

Correct. There are only two seperate packs. Which means in OP's case:

Only the new Primes (Resonance Pack on PC): on console = 119.95 AU$ - on PC = 88.14 AU$ --- 31.81 AU$ (24.66 US$) higher on console

New Primes plus cosmetics (AMP Pack on PC): on console = 119.95 AU$ + 89.95 AU$ = 209,90 AU$ - on PC =154.74 AU$ --- 55.16 AU$ (42.76 US$) higher on console

Now, that's the numbers. I don't know if maybe boosters or plat values you get differ that drastically to explain that discrepancy. 

Edit: person after me cleared the overall plat - it's the same if you buy both packs aka the console equivalent to the PC AMP Pack = 3990 plat. I doubt bossters, if different, would explain a 42.76 US$ difference. Sucks to be an Australian Warframe player, I guess. Meaning it's probably a local issue. Over here buying both packs respectively the AMP pack costs virtually the same on PC and console. 125.99€ on PC and 124.98€ on console.

This seems more like a regional thing, as opposed to a console vs PC thing. On both PC and Xbox buying everything costs ~140 USD on either platform.

Different pricing based on region isn't new. A common complaint for cross platform games is the wide variety of pricing based on region depending on the platform you are buying from.

8 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

tennogen on consoles is obtainable via platinum so i would guess you don't get the bundle with more platinum so you would buy more of it, meanwhile on PC you cannot obtain tennogen with platinum but DE and creators and steam get a cut.

atleast that would be my guess, microsoft or sony might also have a hand in it and they just follow thier intructions.

For console, the plat is split between the PA and Accessories, both combined is 3,990, which is the same on PC. It's just on PC if you buy the accessories only you get 0 plat, and it costs 10$ less. 49.99usd on PC vs 59.99usd on the Microsoft Store.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

This seems more like a regional thing, as opposed to a console vs PC thing. On both PC and Xbox buying everything costs ~140 USD on either platform.

Yep. Probably regional pricing. I checked the USD prices on PC, XBOX, and PS. All of them are the same.

9 hours ago, (PSN)VKPButcher said:

Are you sure? Can't speak for XBL but on PSN the only packs you don't pay tax on are ones that are strictly plat and nothing else. It used to be that way at one point or another but not anymore. Really annoying too with the biggest plat pack at $149.99 since the max limit for a PSN wallet is $150 and at least a while back was unpurchasable (unless on sale) due to tax added exceeding the wallet amount. Dunno if that ever got sorted either as I just stopped bothering and switched to getting PA's once in a while (so much more included aside from plat and $10 cheaper). Really wish they'd just strip the Nightmare mods out of the $50/100/150 packs, really no point to them and they're certainly not worth the tax incurred.

Edit: Still $79.99 for P Access and $59.99 for P Accessories on PSN as it's always been, fwiw. Would figure this has to be some regional discrepancy.

Nope, at least in the US, when I buy something on my xbox, it never charges any tax. Unless it's just maybe that Florida doesn't charge a tax on these purchases.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Ux ACE xU said:

Let me grab them for you. First 2 are Xbox, Second one is PC. Sorry it took so long, i had to set up Imgur.

O55eb8c.jpg

FVYga7w.jpgLu9YyhO.jpg

That is your region then, charging differently. If I was you, you should probably complain to your federal government. DE has nothing to do with this.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

That is your region then, charging differently. If I was you, you should probably complain to your federal government. DE has nothing to do with this.

Why would the Australian government mandate that console games be more expensive than PC games?

26 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Why would the Australian government mandate that console games be more expensive than PC games?

Ask the Australian government. This is the same government that wants to charge Facebook for news links that people post. It's why those posts will be blocked by Facebook in that country.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

Ask the Australian government. This is the same government that wants to charge Facebook for news links that people post. It's why those posts will be blocked by Facebook in that country.

So what you're saying with this deflection and the unrelated red herring is that you have absolutely no idea why the price is different and when you said that DE had nothing to do with this, that was pure speculation?

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

So what you're saying with this deflection and the unrelated red herring is that you have absolutely no idea why the price is different and when you said that DE had nothing to do with this, that was pure speculation?

DE has to abide by a country's laws and tax codes, so they can't do anything to change anything. It isn't speculation, it is how every other company operates in the international market. You want something to change in the country's laws/taxes, you've gotta take this to the federal level.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

DE has to abide by a country's laws and tax codes, so they can't do anything to change anything. It isn't speculation, it is how every other company operates in the international market. You want something to change in the country's laws/taxes, you've gotta take this to the federal level.

Dude, you're speculating. If you knew the reason for the price difference, you'd have talked about that instead of some unrelated nonsense about Facebook. You have no clue whether the reason for that price difference is Australian law or not, or at least you're trying your hardest to appear like someone who is completely clueless. If you know something, say it. If you don't know the reason, then shut up and stop pretending that you do.

Archived