Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akarius headshots

FU2921

So, I've recently started to use akarius as secondary and I find it pretty interesting. However, due to it's tracking missiles I couldn´t land headshots since the missiles point to the targets body center and not their heads, even after testing in the simulacrum, so basically it was impossible for me to land headshots from far. Not to mention that it causes self stagger often. Is there any way that makes me do headshots with it?

Not really, but that isn't what the Akarius is about. Like the Cyanex the auto-aim is a kind of long range AoE/CC - you use it like you would some cone abilities or the Ignis. You don't aim it, you just shoot it in the general direction of a lot of enemies and they all get status procs.

The Akarius is already pretty top tier for its MR, just add Ammo Mutation to the Exilus for consistent room clearing.

If it could get headshots (or had any worthwhile crit) it would be a lot more powerful, it would have to be MR14 at least.

4 hours ago, FU2921 said:

Is there any way that makes me do headshots with it?

Scourge doesn't work for it, so I doubt it.

As far as the feedback part goes, "Should the Akarius get headshot capability?", I don't know the Akarius well but I do use the Cyanex a lot, and I'd say generally that homing AoE weapons shouldn't.    Unless it were through an augment or altfire, that took the homing away in return for other advantages. 

The Akarius isn't a crit weapon, so I wouldn't bother with headshot. It deals enough raw damage on its own.

You would spec into punchthrough though, because the weapon has an interesting behavior, it still explodes even when it hit the first target, so you can get multiple explosion with the same missile.

As for the stagger, Primed Sure Footed or a frame that is immune to stagger (Gauss).

My riven build: https://overframe.gg/build/108684/akarius/riven-multishot-damage-punch-through/

Archived