Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

How to do Kills on K-drive for NW challenge ?

Go to solution Solved by Am_Sha3gar,

Question

21 answers to this question

Ya I think this should appear in the feedback section telling DE it is 1 of the many things not told in the game.

• Like 2

A Grand Master asking this... it's very telling that DE messed up communicating either features in KDrive (which I didn't know about either) or the text describing the challenge.

The challenge text should be more like:

Kill 0 / 20 Enemies with your Secondary while riding a K-Drive.

Because you can't kill them any other way and have it count.

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

A Grand Master asking this... it's very telling that DE messed up communicating either features in KDrive (which I didn't know about either) or the text describing the challenge.

The challenge text should be more like:

Because you can't kill them any other way and have it count.

its actually a clear case of not reading patch note. Don't remember what patch it came in, but i know it was added just after Deimos.

Edited by smashedwookie
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

but i know it was added just after Deimos.

It was added on the same update as Deimos technically.

Remember Velocipods?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

its actually a clear case of not reading patch note. Don't remember what patch it came in, but i know it was added just after Deimos.

Well, I read patch notes regularly and I don't remember that... probably because I almost never use my KDrive for anything.

This is a clear case of redirecting DE's problem onto players. DE could fix this by putting hint text at the bottom "Press <hot key> to switch weapons" when you mount the KDrive... something you would expect from good UI design. But no, please blame us some more.

• Like 7
On 2021-03-02 at 10:30 AM, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

its been in the game since deimos came around

Wouldn’t hurt to notify players through some in game tip, still.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, vomder said:

And it should have been in the introduction of K-Drives, along with using powers.

That existed long before weapon usage on k-drives. Power usage isn't a thing with k-drives either.

On 2021-03-05 at 10:04 PM, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

belive it ws in the notes of the update

I mean there are players who joined *after* that update. Even players who would usually read update notes when they come out wouldn't check ones from months before they started playing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Admiral_Vizsilo said:

Alright, I try to switch to secondary, and for a split second my secondary shows up, and disappears again. So no k-drive kill for me... tried verifying cache, didnt help...

Make sure you're hitting your keybind for "Switch Weapon," and not "Switch Gun." Presumably, someone forgot enable Switch Gun for K-drives, or there's some weird spaghetti attached to Switch Gun that makes it do the weird thing you're describing.

In a perfect world, there would only be one keybind (since the basic functionality of tap-to-switch-guns and hold-to-equip-melee is the same for both), and this wouldn't be an issue. But that's WF for you. :P

• Like 1

Wait wtf? Almost MR30 and I didn't know this either.

DE really needs to rectify that because I know of a LOT of people that just think they abandoned that whole 'shoot from k-drive/velocipod' concept. GG lol.

• Like 2