Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove “cold steel” from nightwave

(PSN)Vexx757

Cold steel is a task from nightwave where you have to kill 1,000 enemies from steel path. Me personally I don`t care for the damage mete and I don`t enjoy steel path coz I don`t find fighting high-level enemies fun and there is no incentive to do it in terms of rewards, I am a part of the minority that don`t like steel path, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

Increasing enemies armour, health and damage output is boring to me, I prefer enemies that are smart and you have to think before you act that’s my kind of fun, basically enemy AI in this game needs to be improved.

It`s bad enough that we have to get six animals for conservation which is tedious but killing 1,000 enemies is not necessary, there are other ppl like new players that can`t do it coz they don`t have the build to be able to do it.

Even through I’m aware that you can skip this however there are ppl that are OCD in completing it plus after we reach past 30 you get a chance to get credits with no limit and to get the most out of it, you need to complete all the tasks.

That being said, you need to either reduce the number to 100 or remove it entirely but if you ask me, I’d rather it to be removed.

If I were to play steel path consistently it needs some drastic improvements,

Here are some ideas of improves.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Increasing enemies armour, health and damage output is boring to me

Actually, only armor and sheilds are increased beyond the level issue. So go kill some infested in an endless mission. Take a Xaku with 200% power strength and you dont even need to fire a shot.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Cold steel is a task from nightwave where you have to kill 1,000 enemies from steel path. Me personally I don`t care for the damage mete and I don`t enjoy steel path coz I don`t find fighting high-level enemies fun and there is no incentive to do it in terms of rewards, I am a part of the minority that don`t like steel path, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

Increasing enemies armour, health and damage output is boring to me, I prefer enemies that are smart and you have to think before you act that’s my kind of fun, basically enemy AI in this game needs to be improved.

It`s bad enough that we have to get six animals for conservation which is tedious but killing 1,000 enemies is not necessary, there are other ppl like new players that can`t do it coz they don`t have the build to be able to do it.

Even through I’m aware that you can skip this however there are ppl that are OCD in completing it plus after we reach past 30 you get a chance to get credits with no limit and to get the most out of it, you need to complete all the tasks.

That being said, you need to either reduce the number to 100 or remove it entirely but if you ask me, I’d rather it to be removed.

Lets not forget the following things here:

• Steel Path is not mandatory.
    • Steel Path offers double resource/mod drop chance
  • Warframe has Multiplayer.
    • New players can take this advantage to be carried and take the last hit, effectively killing and counting for Nightwave.
  • Nightwave objectives are not mandatory.
    • You only complete them if you want to.

... Now, after pointing out these... Do you have anything else to add that no one else knows already, besides you trying to condition other people's Nightwave standing progression chances by requesting the removal of "Cold Steel" objective...?

Just doing the Invasions (and 1 extra Steel Path mission to finish up a planet & get that sweet, sweet 25 Steel Essence reward) from last evening I ended up with 675 Kills on Steel Path.

Also, Nightwave tasks are 100% optional. You don't need to do all of them, even if you want to Max out Intermission Rank - you can skip a few, also you could work on it incrementally since it can get "Recovered" if you don't finish it before Next Sunday.

While I can agree that the 250% Armor, Shields, and Health increase are excessive, making the AI smarter doesn't make any meaningful difference. An Elite Lancer taking cover behind a Shield Lancer? Treated no different than the rest of the enemies. This isn't another FPS title like Halo; we're practically gods.

but killing 1,000 enemies is not necessary, there are other ppl like new players that can`t do it coz they don`t have the build to be able to do it.

It's a lot less restrictive than Profit Taker, while again being optional to complete. Even if it got skipped out, it will return for those players later on. Finally, each mission in the Steel Path on average results in around 100 kills. That equates to around 2 daily Steel Path Incursions (10 Alerts total) just to finish this challenge off.

6 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Finally, each mission in the Steel Path on average results in around 100 kills. That equates to around 2 daily Steel Path Incursions (10 Alerts total) just to finish this challenge off.

The problem with this math is that Steel Path is dookie. Playing this many missions from a game mode I have absolutely zero interest in is not compelling. We're right back around to the "Survive for 60 minutes in Kuva Survival without using Life Support" territory again. I should remind everyone - people generally didn't like those challenges. This is far worse than the Profit-Taker Orb. That only requires a single mission, which rarely takes more than 10-20 minutes. Sure, the Profit-Taker is also dookie, but I can throw 15 minutes down to drain on it. No skin off my nose. This, though? That requires substantially extensive Steel Path play. It's out-of-scale with most other Nightwave challenges.

I don't like "wasting" my time with 3 Nightmare missions. Please remove.

I don't like doing 1 sortie for another Anasa. Please remove.

You realize the incentive for every single challenge is the Nightwave standing, right? I don't even know why people actually try to reasonably argue with OP about a weekly challenge I did in 15 minutes while leveling Octavia solo on SP Mot. The challenge was done before I hit level 30 on her (no booster).

Get over it OP. Do the faceroll challenge for 7k standing or don't. Stop asking for the removal of things the second they become the most minimal personal inconvenience possible and using "newer players" as justification.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

plus after we reach past 30 you get a chance to get credits with no limit and to get the most out of it, you need to complete all the tasks.

you don't. they always release many more tasks than is needed to hit the prestige cap

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Vexx757:

Hydrolyst Hunter is a task from nightwave where you have to kill or capture an eidolon hydrolyst. Me personally I don`t care for the arcanes and I don`t enjoy eidolon hunting coz I don`t find fighting disco lighting enemies fun and there is no incentive to do it in terms of rewards, I am a part of the minority that don`t like eidolons, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

Then I have some bad news for you: This won't happen any time soon and most likely won't be something people enjoy in a semi-horde-looter-shooter.
If I need to wait for enemies to leave their cover or if I´m forced to jump from cover to cover, I most likely would be interested in the game and would switch to something like the division.

Capturing 6 animals isn't that difficult and can be easly done once you reached Cetus/Fortuna since the Tranq-Rifle is pretty cheap or you let other players do it and just claim the capture by being part of the hunting party.
You unlock the Steel Path by finishing the star chart, everyone who has done that should be able to farm or in most cases will already have the necessary equipment.
This is not mission an Mr0/1/2/3... player has to do nor do they have the access (ideally they shouldn't even know since the act is locked)
unknown.png
And even then you can skip it and do it later, since we can recover the older weekly missions if we finish all current missions.

Looks like your OCD isn't strong enough to force you to do this simple task.
If you are a completionist you should have the needed gear/equipment anyways. And you should have suffered way worse by collecting all the conclave items.

Great phrase to say: I don't like it so please remove it.

Meanwhile I am still waiting for the Operator only Spy which was teased back when we got the feedback changes for Nightwave:Series 2.
But by reading this I know exactly why DE won't release it and why they stopped the design council challenges:
Because there are always people whining once they have to put in a little bit of effort or have to leave their comfort zone... and all that to get a small reward which doesn't hurt anyone if you miss it.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I don't know.   I don't do Eidolons, so I miss out on those NW points, but it seems to me like that' my problem.    I could see maybe reducing the number of SP kills.  But definitely not to 100, unless you were talking about making it a 1000 point challenge instead.  That seems reasonable.  Easy to do, even easier to skip.

If you want workarounds to get the points in the meantime, it's really fast to kill gobs of Infested and--lol--Archwing enemies in SP.

i mean whit mosualon which you can get for free it shouldnt be to hard to hit the kill count on earth and in Cetus Steel path mode you could just use the Mech which again you can get for free to just melt through anything like if it was butter whit the 4th ability of the mechs .

i will give you the grind for mech parts is probably going to take you some time but it shoudnt be any harder then farming for prime parts . heck if anything it might probably be easier . 

a.k.a. "I couldn't get my way so I'm leaving."...

... Feedback is fun, but you probably shouldn't have made the topic to begin with if you were looking for your interests alone...

... We're way experienced at reading between the lines...

You realize that Nightwave is optional, right?  And that you will easily get to Rank 30 even if you skip all of the "Hard" tasks?  Not only that, you realize that this task is cumulative, right?  So you will accomplish the task if you kill 1000 total enemies in Steel Path in an entire week, across as many missions as you like?

I simply skip the tasks that I do not want to bother with, but realize others might enjoy it so I would never ask DE to remove a task from Nightwave.  Also, I got to 400+ by just doing two Steel Path missions today.  Given the amount of enemies Steel Path throws at you, 1000 is child's play.

I've never seen these about profit taker or Eidelons? Steel path infested need two melee hits instead of just one (my setup isn't very optimal), just do an Eris incursion.

Actually, THE ENTIRE POINT of Nightwave is to have you try new things you wouldn't otherwise. It's fairly obvious that you've never even once tried steel path outside of maybe E Prime (which have grineer, and therefore 100x more health than infested). I really encourage you to! Wait for a steel path survival/defense vs infested and enjoy your 2x-10x  drop rate (+100% drop chance, 4-player spawn rates, and increased amounts of drops just from levels being higher.)

Steel path is free real estate!

On 2021-03-01 at 11:25 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Yh idk why I'm surprised. Some people are missing the point so i`ll just unfollow myself this post so I don`t see anymore of these replies.

I don't think anyone on this entire thread is missing the point, as it is fairly obvious - you want Steel Path requirements for Nightwave removed because you don't like it and think it's "boring". 

I think if anyone is missing the point it would be you, simply choose to not do it if it bothers you.  If you then don't get to Rank 30 (which would require you to skip far more than just this task) or you don't get enough Nightwave Credits post-Level 30 then that would be the consequence of your choice.

Your choice to unfollow this thread has a consequence as well - now we all think you're just a child.

Archived