Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove “cold steel” from nightwave

(PSN)Vexx757

7 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

You are correct. I was responding in a bit of a hurry previously so I made a bit of an unspoken shorthand. Typically, I use Salacia on Neptune to level up my Archwing stuff as it spawns a TREMENDOUS amount of enemies.

As it happens, there is a Salacia incursion happening today. 😎

I'm curious what you think.  It seems to me like SP Archwing enemy AI is completely effed up and helpless, but I've played so little AW maybe they're like that everywhere now.

Anyway, if that doesn't finish Cold Steel for you, I'm happy to leech off of you help you get lots of kills in pretty much any non-AW Steel Path mission you choose.

Donno what's the problem.

This was the first time I returned to steel path after completing it. Ran extractor in dark sector and did it in 30 minutes. (With 2 reset, casual as I am.)  They actually put acolytes back and they were nice touch. 

If the point of NW is to get ppl to play different things, it worked in my case. 

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm curious what you think.  It seems to me like SP Archwing enemy AI is completely effed up and helpless, but I've played so little AW maybe they're like that everywhere now.

Was there an Odonata present, and did they press 4? Enemies affected by Repel get all effed up and helpless.

Sharkwing enemies are behaving normally, that at least I can tell you.

Galilea seemed normal when I did that a few weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

Was there an Odonata present, and did they press 4? Enemies affected by Repel get all effed up and helpless.

Sharkwing enemies are behaving normally, that at least I can tell you.

Galilea seemed normal when I did that a few weeks ago.

Good question.  Honestly I rarely pay attention to what other people are  flying, but I'll look out for that next time.

On 2021-03-01 at 7:27 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Not this either, that can be done in one mission. 1000 is a much better number. Keeps it with the regular "kill 1000 enemies" challenge.

If killing 1000 normal enemies is worth 7k points, killing 1k steel path enemies should be worth a lot more.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

As it happens, there is a Salacia incursion happening today. 😎

Anyway, if that doesn't finish Cold Steel for you, I'm happy to leech off of you help you get lots of kills in pretty much any non-AW Steel Path mission you choose.

Not just the AI, but steel path archwing enemies aren't anywhere near as tough as land-based ones. Each one that I've shot at dies in a couple of hits from my Phaedra. They're much easier to kill than enemy fighters in Railjack.

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

If killing 1000 normal enemies is worth 7k points, killing 1k steel path enemies should be worth a lot more.

I was just referring to the number of enemies itself, not the standing amount. Since SP has higher enemy spawning, 100 kills would be way too low for this challenge. 100 SP kills would work more as a daily, not a weekly.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

As it happens, there is a Salacia incursion happening today. 😎 I'm curious what you think.  It seems to me like SP Archwing enemy AI is completely effed up and helpless, but I've played so little AW maybe they're like that everywhere now.

Now THAT was a very good tip. Just got around to it now. 8 minutes, 32 seconds, 312 kills. And - unlike my previous run - I didn't absolutely hate every minute of it :) I'm apparently one of the few people in this game who doesn't mind Archwing and actually enjoys Railjack (for what little content there is), so Salacia is actually a fun mission for me.

Enemies were levels 70-80 or thereabout, which is well within reach for my current setup. I'm running an Amesha Archwing, meaning I physically can't fail the mission unless I fall asleep at the controls. They can't hurt me due to Watchful Swarm, they can't hurt the objective due to Benevolent Decoy. I'm armed with an Imperator Vandal which shreds through Corpus spacecraft like a 1000K knife through butter and I'm also sporting a Prisma Veritux to lean on when I run my magazine dry. Really, the biggest problem there is I can't shoot for S#&$, so it was taking me a long time to actually hit the enemies with ranged fire :)

This opened Salacia for me, meaning I can repeat the mission as necessary - so a few more times. Excellent. I think I've found myself not just a decent "Cold Steel" farming location for when that challenge comes back around, but an overall good place to level up Archwing gear... If we ever get any.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

With all of the above said, however, there's also this. To me, it's silly to have an Elite Weekly which requires me to kill 1000 enemies anywhere, at any level and another which requires me to kill the same number of much much tougher enemies in a restricted game mode. The numbers don't add up.

On 2021-03-01 at 3:12 PM, Zeddypanda said:

Steel path infested need two melee hits instead of just one

Link to build?  'cause I'm following guides for months and developing legitimate pain spasms in my hand trying to keep up with the melee spam demands in Steel Path. Nothing I do seems to get my numbers up to where most people claim to be hitting, despite my always getting dominence in damage % in mission results screen. 

28 minutes ago, LimHighgate said:

I'm following guides for months and developing legitimate pain spasms in my hand trying to keep up with the melee spam demands in Steel Path.

28 minutes ago, LimHighgate said:

I'm following guides for months (...)

... Yeah, that's your mistake right there...

Always build to your needs, not what everyone else thinks your needs are.

1 hour ago, LimHighgate said:

Link to build?  'cause I'm following guides for months and developing legitimate pain spasms in my hand trying to keep up with the melee spam demands in Steel Path. Nothing I do seems to get my numbers up to where most people claim to be hitting, despite my always getting dominence in damage % in mission results screen. 

Make a Slash damage Khora and you will have a better time in many kinds of SP missions. If you want builds, check my video here (time advanced to builds):

Bare minimum prerequisite: Functional Naramon/Power Spike

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a meta player. My Khora builds almost certainly diverge from what you will find elsewhere in any guides or videos or whatever!

Khora is an expensive frame to build. Here are the moving parts you should build (for my setup) ranked by priority:

1. Khora
  2. Stat stick (I use Rakta Dark Dagger... use whatever you want... RDD gives you energy as its syndicate effect)
  3. Helios Prime and Deconstructor Prime
  4. Venari
  5. Single target weapon for emergencies (I use Kuva Chakkhurr, use whatever you want).

3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

. Really, the biggest problem there is I can't shoot for S#&$, so it was taking me a long time to actually hit the enemies with ranged fire :)

Phaedra. The Imperator series are pinpoint accurate, the Phaedra is not. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much.

20 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Phaedra. The Imperator series are pinpoint accurate, the Phaedra is not. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much.

Or I can just use the Mausolon :) Imperator Vandal is just what I had equipped at the time. Honestly, it's been so long since I've actually DONE anything with my Archwing gear that it's still generating Vazarin Focus, even though I'm most of the way through Naramon at the moment. That's part of why I'm looking forward to Railjack 3.0 at this point - I WANT to use my Archwing gear more, but there just isn't much content for it. I suppose Steel Path Archwing might be it...

really it's just a matter of Nightchore not offering enough at once. there should be more Weeklies generated, so that they can ask Players to do things that are actually somewhat difficult to do. but having more of them so that you're not actually expected to complete them all. 
then complete as many of them as you please, or if you want to go above any beyond and do them all, then you gotta pony up.

36 minutes ago, taiiat said:

really it's just a matter of Nightchore not offering enough at once. there should be more Weeklies generated, so that they can ask Players to do things that are actually somewhat difficult to do. but having more of them so that you're not actually expected to complete them all. 
then complete as many of them as you please, or if you want to go above any beyond and do them all, then you gotta pony up.

Yeah you must be new around here cause a good chunk of Tenno would absolutely think they have to complete them all so more would actually be worse. 

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Or I can just use the Mausolon :) Imperator Vandal is just what I had equipped at the time. Honestly, it's been so long since I've actually DONE anything with my Archwing gear that it's still generating Vazarin Focus, even though I'm most of the way through Naramon at the moment. That's part of why I'm looking forward to Railjack 3.0 at this point - I WANT to use my Archwing gear more, but there just isn't much content for it. I suppose Steel Path Archwing might be it...

I'm just hoping we get the archwing rework soon ;) I want my modular archwings already.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Yeah you must be new around here cause a good chunk of Tenno would absolutely think they have to complete them all so more would actually be worse. 

i don't really care much for people that ask to have less to do and to be more bored in the game - i just focus on wanting the game to be a better game.

10 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

Link to build?

6aORj9m_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Probably the world's crappiest build, I even have a condition overload I didn't remember to put in there, but I recall using this machete during an Eris survival and doing just fine. Was it really two hits? Hard to tell. I'm using Vauban, so enemies tend to... Blend together.

If you want to kill steel path Grineer, might I advice using corrosive/blast Cedo? It's a full-auto shotgun with a built-in, self-applying Condition Overload. Just build a little for maintaining its rapidly depleting ammo reservers and go in there with a tanky frame. I'm a fan of Ember, myself.

You can also use Ivara and an Arca Titron and just kill everyone exploiting the true damage, 96x damage boost of stealth finishers (put a max Fury in there). It's a little slow, but you'll win, and speaking from personal experience won't strain your hands.

On 2021-03-01 at 9:05 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Cold steel is a task from nightwave where you have to kill 1,000 enemies from steel path. Me personally I don`t care for the damage mete and I don`t enjoy steel path coz I don`t find fighting high-level enemies fun and there is no incentive to do it in terms of rewards, I am a part of the minority that don`t like steel path, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

Increasing enemies armour, health and damage output is boring to me, I prefer enemies that are smart and you have to think before you act that’s my kind of fun, basically enemy AI in this game needs to be improved.

It`s bad enough that we have to get six animals for conservation which is tedious but killing 1,000 enemies is not necessary, there are other ppl like new players that can`t do it coz they don`t have the build to be able to do it.

Even through I’m aware that you can skip this however there are ppl that are OCD in completing it plus after we reach past 30 you get a chance to get credits with no limit and to get the most out of it, you need to complete all the tasks.

That being said, you need to either reduce the number to 100 or remove it entirely but if you ask me, I’d rather it to be removed.

If I were to play steel path consistently it needs some drastic improvements,

Here are some ideas of improves.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1205314-steel-path-the-common-sense-way-to-give-it-an-incentive/

Just did this challenge last night got it done in under 30 minutes playing Coba on earth SP. The infested enemies are weak, and lack shields and armor (except deimos). Should be easily doable by most competent players who have made it to SP. Not all of these challenges are meant for new players, most new players won't even have completed the entire quest line. The elite challenges are meant to be challenging for higher level more experienced players who are further in the progression of the game. 

I did the mission Erpo (archwing mobile defense) 3 times and carefully farmed all the enemies. It took me about 30-35 minutes all together. I even got Dual Rounds and riven slivers for my trouble. This is an "elite challenge" and is meant to be the incentive for SP. I won't bribe you to do your homework, but I would reward you for getting your diploma.

On 2021-03-01 at 9:05 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I am a part of the minority that don`t like steel path, some people might enjoy playing it but me and other people we don`t want to be forced to play it.

Don't lump other players into your opinions. If you don't want SP, then just say that. Claiming to represent the opinions of other players will not add any weight to your argument.

I think for a lot of people frustrated by this challenge (like me) it's that it's hard to find useful advice on how to get through it. There has been some legitimately helpful stuff in this thread (like jumping on an infested alert), but a lot of the time it's "Hey go to this node you don't have access to, it's easy". Seems to me most people frustrated with this have either a) previously given up/not touched Steel Path b) just unlocked it and the early Grineer nodes appear to be harder than higher level infested nodes? It's not very intuitive. I avoided the alerts because I figured if I was having this much trouble with level 100-103 enemies, 130+ would be even more of a pain in the ass.

3 hours ago, EugeneDebs said:

the early Grineer nodes appear to be harder than higher level infested nodes?

It's dumb. Let me pull you some wiki numbers:

Lancer, lv1:

• 100HP, 100 armor (25% dmg reduction)
  • 100 / 75% ~=  133 Effective HP

Corpus crewman, lv1:

• 60HP + 150 shield = 210 EHP

Infested charger, lv1:

• 80HP = 80EHP

Let's crank these numbers up to level 100, and then add steel path modifiers:

Lancer, lv100 + steel path (+150% hp, +150% armor):

• 26948HP, 3388 armor (91.87% dmg reduction)
  • ~= 331334 EHP

Corpus crewman, lv100 + steel path (+150% hp, +150% shield):

• 16169HP + 19206 shield ~= 35375 EHP

Infested charger, lv100 + steel path (+150% hp):

• 21558 HP

As you can see, Lancers need literally more than ten times the damage compared to equivalent units of other factions. Armor is multiplicative, shields are additive, and infested have neither. You can see why everyone and their mums are talking about armor stripping and bleeds (which ignore armor) when it comes to Grineer, which is the only thing people talk about because who wants to be swarmed by nullifiers or parasitic eximus while earning less affinity?

Archived