Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin questions! :o

NythKitty

Question

SHAWZIN!!!!!

I have always played mmorpgs and was never that productive because of music instruments. I'm talking games like GW2 or FFXIV. I am so glad Warframe has an instrument too BUT....I don't understand the controls. On the mmorpg games mentioned the music notes are as follows " do re mi fa sol la si do" 3 versions, one lower then the middle, and then the high notes That's 24 notes + some extra on the side.

Question 1: How do I navigate to find all the notes on the Shawzin?

Question 2: I've seen that people made songs and you can play those...How do I do that?

Question 3: Can I make songs (Question 2) but not have them published for all to see?

Question 4: Can I change controls somewhere for playing music?

Question 5: Anything else I should know regarding the Shawzin?

3 answers to this question

There is no way, currently, to see every note on screen at once.
You can change the key in which you're playing by pressing TAB.

Question 2: I've seen that people made songs and you can play those...How do I do that?
It's all done by code, like THIS.
You can record strings of notes in game, and the game will convert them, or, you can make your own music using  THIS GUIDE

Question 3: Can I make songs (Question 2) but not have them published for all to see?
Sure!
I keep .txt files of all the music I've made. Like "Carnage Rules" from Green Jelly
Then I just copy and paste it in.

Currently, no, but you CAN use a controller or computer keyboard, and with the Shawzin Bot (THAT WON'T GET YOU BANNED) you can uses a MIDI input device like an audio keyboard.

Here are some songs!
HERE and then HERE

2 hours ago, SolZeroOne said:

There is no way, currently, to see every note on screen at once.
You can change the key in which you're playing by pressing TAB.

It's all done by code, like THIS.
You can record strings of notes in game, and the game will convert them, or, you can make your own music using  THIS GUIDE

Sure!
I keep .txt files of all the music I've made. Like "Carnage Rules" from Green Jelly
Then I just copy and paste it in.

Currently, no, but you CAN use a controller or computer keyboard, and with the Shawzin Bot (THAT WON'T GET YOU BANNED) you can uses a MIDI input device like an audio keyboard.

Here are some songs!
HERE and then HERE

:O for question once, you say there no way atm to see everynote, but are there many? :o just as many as the mmorpg?

IIRC, and I didn't actually play shazwin, it's fully chromatic (can play all 12 semitones) or you can switch to playing in a specific key with more octaves available.

Here's a write-up of controls and available scales:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shawzin#Mechanics

Should be understandable with some basic music theory. (It uses the English A=la B=si/ti C=do D=re etc, note naming.)

Archived