Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapon chance

Godmode_Ash

On 2021-07-10 at 11:24 AM, TARINunit9 said:

TOKEN SYSTEM. You promised us, DE, and we want it

Holokeys are a good start. Offer more weekly/daily weapons and reward holokeys for turning in unwanted Tenet weapons. The same kind of shop could be given to Cressa Tal for Kuva weapons. Easy peasy.

I suggest that a way to get rid of the RNG is giving Requiem Ultimatum another use, you can use the item to force a downed larvling or candidate to give you a weapon you wanted. On use, a GUI will pop up that allows you to choose any weapon you wanted, once you clicked on it the weapon UI hovering above the larvling that shows the current weapon will change to the desired weapon. Giving this item another use and makes "Bad Nemesis" spawning not a terrible experience because you can use them as Requiem Ultimatum farms. Oh and make those things a guaranteed drop too.

I am gonna paste my suggestion from other threads.

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I suggest that a way to get rid of the RNG is giving Requiem Ultimatum another use, you can use the item to force a downed larvling or candidate to give you a weapon you wanted. On use, a GUI will pop up that allows you to choose any weapon you wanted, once you clicked on the desired weapon the weapon UI hovering above the larvling that shows the current weapon will change to the desired weapon. Giving this item another use and makes "Bad Nemesis" spawning not a terrible experience because you can use them as Requiem Ultimatum farms. Oh and make those things a guaranteed drop too.

The idea I gave them on their suggestion thread was that different planets have different weapon pools.

You can get Drakgoons, Seers, and Hinds only on Mercury, Heks, Shildegs, and Twin Stubbas only on Saturn, etc.

I've got an Idea that needs a little bit from DE to actually work. Add some more melee weapons to the pool so 21 weapons total. Now the way I'd rig it is the weapon you use to make the kill is what triggers the spawn pool. For example you make the kill with a primary it dips into the primary pool. Same for secondaries and melee. Furthermore have an indication additional ephemera or colours palettes. Reason being is that if you don't find what you are looking for, extract and find again.

For anything off rotation, work in some token shop that is run by Steel Meridian. That is where you would fing the ayanga and grattler if you don't have a summonable archgum yet.

My nightmare of a future Devstream :

"we've gathered data on lich creation, and it seems that most liches / sisters are created on capture mission. Our envision of lich / sister is not consistent with spamming a single short mission but rather make them appear in a more immersive way, so we decided to change it and make them spawn in a unique random mission per eligible planet, the name of the mission will be flashing the same way as sentient anomaly"

this is content /s

On 2021-07-10 at 6:43 PM, OwlOfJune said:

With 19 Kuva weapons, the chance to spawn the exact weapon you want is roughly 5.2%

While it is not hard at all to spawn a Kuva Larvling, doing same stuff over and over with nothing but praying for mercy of RNG isn't really fun or engaging.

And no, being able to trade is not 'solution' because trying to find a seller who happens to have what you want is yet another set of RNG.

Suggestion : Split the pool

It can be dependent on map tile/planet/mission/tier, there are many options to pick.

^This.

Perhaps Cressa Tal could be utilised the same way they've utilised Ergo Glast? Have her sell lich weapons for tokens of some kind etc.

On 2021-07-10 at 7:24 PM, TARINunit9 said:

TOKEN SYSTEM. You promised us, DE, and we want it

they added token systems in several times in other places: the Entrati, Scarlet Spear, Arbitration Honors, Teshin's Steel Path shop and the new Holokeys are all token systems: you get the tokens, you buy things once you have enough: no additional RNG required (usually)

a better system would have been that killing a Larvling with a certain weapon type can only spawn a larvling of the same type. admittedly this means the Kuva Shildeg would be all but guaranteed on a melee kill, but then DE could have added more Kuva Melees. there would still be a chance of not getting what you want, but instead of 19 weapons, you narrow it down to about 4 or 5. 

either way I got all my Kuva weapons pretty quick, so not really doing Kuva Liches anymore. 

I'm getting seriously tired of repeating "I told you so," but I told you so. Finding a Lich with a specific weapon is easily the worst, most time-consuming and least compelling aspect of the Lich system. Now with the Sisters of Parvos requiring the Granum Void, it's even worse. It'll get worse still as new weapons are added. At this point, so many of us have made so many of the same points so many times that it's pretty clear DE aren't interested in fixing it. They had a chance with the Lich upgrade changes, yet they chose to fix the least of that system's problems.

RNG is not content. Someone upthread cited probabilities and times. I can attest to needing 40+ minutes on occasion just to START my sodding Lich. I actually like the Lich system (or used to, before it got locked to the same planets) so the Murmur grind wasn't an issue for me. Making that faster doesn't help. I HATE the Larvling RNG, and that hasn't gone anywhere. It's been made worse.

5 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

i thought people hated the token system...

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

they added token systems in several times in other places: the Entrati, Scarlet Spear, Arbitration Honors, Teshin's Steel Path shop and the new Holokeys are all token systems: you get the tokens, you buy things once you have enough: no additional RNG required (usually)

Ok let me clarify:

On a devstreams they described a system where if you wanted a specific weapon, you would talk to some NPC and give them an unwanted Kuva weapon. The NPC would give you a token of your choice (i.e. Tonkor token). And next time you stab a larvling, it would spend the token for a Lich with a specific weapon

Another idea that's a bit different:

within any normal mission there's a chance to find a specific kuva weapon blueprint (like an ayatan treasure, or maybe a drop from appropriate faction eximuses). These require a set of the usual resources to build, but also need a "Kuva activator" (or whatever you want to call it). This latter item is only dropped by a defeated lich (not a larvling). When you spawn a lich, it comes with a random weapon that you have to fight, but at the end of the battle, all you get is the activator item, that you can use to build whichever kuva weapon you have the blueprint for. The element on the token is the one appropriate to the warframe used to spawn the larving right at the start.

When reaching the lich MR rank, give players a free, starter BP for a random Kuva weapon (maybe even a very short quest to introduce Liches to players new to them).

This would replace the randomness of running liches, with an up-front search for the BPs that would guarantee the weapon you wanted (maybe even tradable BPs). This initial search might be abundant (like Harrow chassis drops), easy (eg like old Oberon BP drops), medium (like Gorgon, or Boar weapon BP drops) or hard (like Ayatan sculpture drop rates).

22 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ok let me clarify:

On a devstreams they described a system where if you wanted a specific weapon, you would talk to some NPC and give them an unwanted Kuva weapon. The NPC would give you a token of your choice (i.e. Tonkor token). And next time you stab a larvling, it would spend the token for a Lich with a specific weapon

Sounds like a great idea

I think they just need to implement a system where players can at least influence what weapon a larvling/candidate spawns with. Splitting the pool would definitely do this -- I think -- but I personally would prefer a more direct approach to this if possible.

Regardless, something does need to be done, especially considering how time consuming it is to re-roll a SoP candidate. You have to find the hand shrine, do the Granum Void minigame thing, wait for and kill the Treasurer so you could make back the granum crown you spent (optional but good practice), and then finally complete the mission.

23 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ok let me clarify:

They said they wouldn't implement this because they wanted to focus on the overall experience or something like that. Now that that's been ~~mostly~~ addressed, hopefully they can do it.

2 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

Sounds like a great idea

It's not. Not in practical because getting an unwanted Kuva or Tenet weapon takes hours and no f***ing way DE will make things simple for you to have 1 weapon for 1 token. It's gonna be 3 tokens or so for 1 weapon of choice which just spamming Saturn Capture will be faster anyway. Even for sisters which takes at least 5 minutes to farm once it's still gonna take less time to just spam the candidate quests.

Trying to filter larvlings over 19 weapons makes for a massive RNG component, that is quite frankly excessive.

Proposal to add in some segmentation and have larvlings provide only a select sub-list of the kuva weaponry

on a per planet basis. Preliminary split idea would be up to Saturn, select Uranus, select Sedna.

Thoughts?

There are so many solution:

- Splitting up drops for planets

- Adding a system where larvling kills give weapons for the class of weapon the larvling was killed by (rifle/shotgun/launcher/secondary/melee/archgun)

- Rotate weapons randomly but not repeat until all weapons were cycled once through the larvling. This makes the worst case scenario the same amount of runs as there are weapons.

The problem is that DE has not recognized this in 2 years and doubled down on it for Sisters. All they've heard through all the issues in Liches is "lower the bar and make them faster". They aren't more meaningful, they aren't more interesting and they are still tedious (especially with Railjack just repeating your last stab to waste 5-10 minutes in a normal tileset after a Railjack objective). 

Larvlings really do need a change before more Kuva/Sister weapons are added.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There are so many solution:

- Splitting up drops for planets

- Adding a system where larvling kills give weapons for the class of weapon the larvling was killed by (rifle/shotgun/launcher/secondary/melee/archgun)

- Rotate weapons randomly but not repeat until all weapons were cycled once through the larvling. This makes the worst case scenario the same amount of runs as there are weapons.

The problem is that DE has not recognized this in 2 years and doubled down on it for Sisters. All they've heard through all the issues in Liches is "lower the bar and make them faster". They aren't more meaningful, they aren't more interesting, they are still tedious (especially with Railjack just repeating your last stab to waste 5-10 minutes in a normal tileset after a Railjack objective). 

Larvlings really do need a change before more Kuva/Sister weapons are added.

Now we are taking more time to find Kuva/Sister than playing them. It is ridiculous.

Archived