Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack AFK issue

LIEBUST00

I met some players who are AFK or just sit on the side gun, tries to shoot things and do nothing.  

I know Vail Proxima is the best XP farm now, and even I love to play Railjack even it is not Vail Proxima.  

However, because of Railjack contents are for high level and end game design, I think all players should focus what they are doing even the host's Railjack is fully upgraded and made us feel we are invincible.  

Mostly, this kind of AFK players are ruin the Railjack experiences.  Especially, fixing our ship is very important to completing mission.  This made people made who made guides tell use your intrinsics at engineering, put omni in your quick slot, etc.  Even people who work really hard on Railjack content, they just unlock teleport to fix their ship and also resupply their resources (energy, omni, etc).  

In this time, people were very busy to keep fixing ship and resupplying the resources.  Of course pilot should handle the ship, and some people should use dome cannon to destroy enemy crew ships or even use Archwing to do that.  However, if we have this kind of AFK users, the game makes more difficult to handle everything for one player.  They don't get our from side gun even enemies are inside the Railjack.  Only few people who are not pilot handle the enemies.  

I think if we don't have vote to kick things in the game, we have to figure out what should we do in this situation.  Should we just report that player?  Or should we really need to wait till Railjack 3.0 updates?  I think we'll still have this kind of issues after Railjack 3.0 updates, and even worse by the case that updates brings some changes.  

AFK is a issue in WF that is most likely never going away in public groups, at least in RJ if you are the host after one mission you can return to drydock and get rid of the leach's and is you are not the host just drop. The other plus with railjack is you just need a pilot and someone on the BFG to clear the mission.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Part of the issue is that piloting is just too strong in Railjack (understandable, since you kind of need a pilot AND it makes solo play actually feasible)

That’s probably the only issue , since I’m so used to joining a ship and having to do nothing . Anytime I try anything it’s either useless or the owner doesn’t want you touching anything . 

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Part of the issue is that piloting is just too strong in Railjack (understandable, since you kind of need a pilot AND it makes solo play actually feasible)

Tether is to strong, I can clear all the fighters in less than 2 min with it. Remove that and there would be more of a need for gunners

3 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Tether is to strong, I can clear all the fighters in less than 2 min with it. Remove that and there would be more of a need for gunners

making gunner important is good.  but the main point is even gunner become important, we still need to fix our ship.  If gunner became important, then what?  2 players do gunner and do nothing else.  It made almost feels AFK for other players  If pilot is very good at Railjack content, and took almost 0 damage to finish mission, it will be perfect.  However, if it is not happening still people need to fix ship, not just sitting on the side gun and do gunner.  

3 minutes ago, LIEBUST00 said:

making gunner important is good.  but the main point is even gunner become important, we still need to fix our ship.  If gunner became important, then what?  2 players do gunner and do nothing else.  It made almost feels AFK for other players  If pilot is very good at Railjack content, and took almost 0 damage to finish mission, it will be perfect.  However, if it is not happening still people need to fix ship, not just sitting on the side gun and do gunner.  

This is making me think of solutions, but I have to wonder if Command Intrinsic will already be one

My first instinct is to make Railjack difficulty more dynamic for multiplayer. Running solo, your ship runs at almost max power at all times and you focus on piloting. But in a squad, your forward guns are less powerful (to promote side gunners) and you take status procs more often (to give crewmen something to actually do; as a tradeoff, the procs are weaker and cheaper to fix)

Again, this is assuming a version of Railjack that isn't about to get Command Intrinsic, so who knows what DE will do

1 minute ago, LIEBUST00 said:

When RJ first launch and ships where running 4 person crews, all non afk it was a nightmare to get people to fix the ship, people would get in those F'ning side guns and never move even when boarding happened (the 4th was normally over on a crew ship as people could not shoot the BFG yet), as the Pilot on my ship I would have to get up and clear boarders all the time while people are pew pew on the side guns. The issue was people would get tunnel vision and be like "this is my role" even if they took away tether and made it so gunners where important there would be no reason a gunner could not get out of the chair and repair for a moment(they do not even need to leave there chair with the right intrinsics just click and go back to shooting), heck there are 4 people and only a pilot and 2 guns I do not count the BFG as that does not need to be filled at all times.

With a decent host/pilot. Gunners aren't needed, so yeah sometimes being mostly AFK is the only thing to do. 

1 Engineer, 1 person on Artillery, 1 pilot. There's nothing for the 4th to do. Especially if the pilot isn't a sitting duck and actually flies around to never takes damage to fix.

Also considering if the pilot is efficient at killing, enemies will be dead before a gunner can kill one.

I’ve been seeing real afk players pick up recently. Players who lock in a walk animation and afk the whole mission, ones in an open world who fly off away from everything during Fractures. Ones in defence just afk on the objective.

I have been reporting and attempting to fail the missions. Some are easy to some not so much, but I don’t know if those reports do anything.

Im sure the players on the guns are not even firing. This is a pandemic of attitude infecting Warframe.

What I would like to see is a craftable item you can deploy by a player. After 5 min it starts to steel items from there account. To stop it you kill anything or move away from it. It would take random prime parts relics not plat related cosmetics. A punishment any player can put on another and also get rewards in the process.

When i am pilotting my railjack I pilot like a madman with a purpose, and no regards for motion sickness.

I pity the gunners that actually try to be useful cause one second they are shooting fighters , the next moment they are looking into the sun or a void hole.

So the gunners are usually useless in my squad ,

However the artillery is something that needs assists  , I make it a point to simply leave the pilot seat once I have taken out the engines of crewships.

Maybe if gunners could actually maintain their aim independent of the ships away they would have less problems.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

There'll always be someone that abuses the system.  But a vote kick system would be nice.

Or an escape pod in the railjack.

Fixed that for you. 

A vote kick would get more abuse than someone afk.

I brought that up a long time ago in a post about an escape pod for railjack.

You just report the players preferably with proof of the afk claim.

A vote kick would never be worth the trade off of players trying to abuse the system. While players trolling or going afk can be entirely ignored in nearly every situation getting wrongfully kicked out of a mission would be a far bigger headache most of the time.

While in Railjack or other areas where players can grief by going afk or trying to fake movement we just need systems in place that detect a lack of the "correct" type of activity. Like someone afk holding forward in a RJ pilot seat should be kicked out if they go long enough without shooting, damaging, and/or killing enemies. Same could go for things like data masses.

But it really doesn't help how nerfed Railjack (and the rest of the game) is. There really isn't any part of the game that can't be soloed by a single member of a squad with zero added effort. Plenty of builds that can solo regular missions for others and any decently built Railjack, especially with the op abilities, doesn't require the crew to do anything. And players lacking these things might actually be more productive by watching the mission be done for them than actually engaging with it.

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Sorry, they won't see your post they're too busy being AFK.

Nah, they are not the AFK dudes, they are the "I dont mind or see a problem with people being AFK. I dont see what the big deal is, let them play how they want." kind of people.

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nah, they are not the AFK dudes, they are the "I dont mind or see a problem with people being AFK. I dont see what the big deal is, let them play how they want." kind of people.

chill people? don't you know we are too old to believe in fairy tales

6 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

chill people? don't you know we are too old to believe in fairy tales

If you are referring to the last line by its own then it's one thing. But if you are taking the whole context and calling those "chill people", then I believe we've found one guys.

The trap has been sprung.

Archived